For 10 generally well-known 1950s SciFi flicks, match each to one of 13 photos (A thru M below.)
- 1 point for each title correctly matched to a photo.
- 1 point for each title by identifying a male actor or character -- by name -- who had a role of some significance.
- 1 point for each title by identifying a female actor or character -- by name -- who had a role of some significance.
.... and for the 3 leftover photos:
- 2 points for each film identified by title. (No, wise guys, these cannot include any of the titles 1-10.)
- 1 point for identifying a male or female actor or character -- by name -- who had a role of some significance.
I'll be generous on these actor/character points, but if you're obviously fishing for a name -- e.g. "Smith" -- you'll need to identify further. You can still get the point(s) for associating an actor or character with the title, even if you don't get the correct matching photo.
No penalty for incorrect guesses; no researching questions or answers, please.
My time to score and reveal is limited this week, so you'll have until the end of Labor Day weekend. PM your answers to me by 6:00pm Pacific, Monday 9/5. Format your answers so I can read them easily, thank you. Comments are welcome, but please lead with the answer part or leave all comments to the end, and start each question on a new line. For example:
** If the film were Of Mice and Men, "George" alone would be good enough, but if it's not one of the central characters, then additional identifying info may be required.1. H, Gable, Zasu Pitts
2. K, Dana Andrews.... He was so great in lots of film noir and then ended up in crappy films like these and TV shows like The Love Boat. Shame....
10. B, George (the mad scientist's assistant)**
A, Orphans of the Storm, Lillian Gish
C, Godzilla, Raymond Burr
G, How To Stuff a Wild Bikini, Edward Teller
And so, the quiz:
1. Day the Earth Stood Still
2. Donovan's Brain
3. Forbidden Planet
4. Invaders From Mars
5. Invasion of the Body Snatchers
6. Plan 9 From Outer Space
8. This Island Earth
9. War of the Worlds
10. When Worlds Collide
OK, I lied a little. One of the photos not matching to a title is from an historically notable SciFi/fantasy film from before the 1950s. If you name the correct film for that photo, you'll get 3 points, rather than 2.
Click on the image to get a larger version.
A B C
D E F
G H I
J K L