J! in the Media

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, econgator, dhkendall, trainman

mahatma
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 483
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:52 pm

Re: J! in the Media

Post by mahatma » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:21 pm

We are the internet's #1 site to vet your Jeopardy! fanfic!

User avatar
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard
Posts: 5459
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:33 pm
Location: Shawnee, KS
Contact:

Re: J! in the Media

Post by opusthepenguin » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:49 pm

Make your Jeopardy! fanfic better with one weird little trick!

User avatar
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion
Posts: 1194
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: J! in the Media

Post by Robert K S » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:23 pm

nightreign wrote:Also, the fact that he wrote "what is" after the time started. They do that during the commercial break.
Haven't always, though...

seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns
Posts: 4829
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:31 am

Re: J! in the Media

Post by seaborgium » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:24 am

His failure to keep our disbelief suspended notwithstanding, I think it's an interesting concept that FJs asking for a number can be accidentally gotten right if a contestant with the wrong idea runs out of time at the perfect moment. Someone could think the correct response is ten times as large as it is and get FJ right because they weren't able to get that last digit in. Actually, this could work with monarchs and their Roman numerals, too.

User avatar
BigDaddyMatty
Save Me, Maggie!
Posts: 2379
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:05 am
Location: Rowlett, Texas

Re: J! in the Media

Post by BigDaddyMatty » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:35 pm

seaborgium wrote:His failure to keep our disbelief suspended notwithstanding, I think it's an interesting concept that FJs asking for a number can be accidentally gotten right if a contestant with the wrong idea runs out of time at the perfect moment. Someone could think the correct response is ten times as large as it is and get FJ right because they weren't able to get that last digit in. Actually, this could work with monarchs and their Roman numerals, too.
This may have already happened. Remember the guy who was credited in FJ! for his response of "O" when the correct response was "oxygen"? What if he was actually going for osmium, the heretofore undiscovered osmondium, or "Oh, well. At least I got on TV"?
Sprinkles are for winners.

User avatar
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream
Posts: 8540
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:49 am
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Contact:

Re: J! in the Media

Post by dhkendall » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:35 pm

BigDaddyMatty wrote:
seaborgium wrote:His failure to keep our disbelief suspended notwithstanding, I think it's an interesting concept that FJs asking for a number can be accidentally gotten right if a contestant with the wrong idea runs out of time at the perfect moment. Someone could think the correct response is ten times as large as it is and get FJ right because they weren't able to get that last digit in. Actually, this could work with monarchs and their Roman numerals, too.
This may have already happened. Remember the guy who was credited in FJ! for his response of "O" when the correct response was "oxygen"? What if he was actually going for osmium, the heretofore undiscovered osmondium, or "Oh, well. At least I got on TV"?
Did the "O" writer write right when the music stopped?

(As to osmondium, it only bonds with closely related elements)
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

User avatar
BigDaddyMatty
Save Me, Maggie!
Posts: 2379
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:05 am
Location: Rowlett, Texas

Re: J! in the Media

Post by BigDaddyMatty » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:25 pm

dhkendall wrote:(As to osmondium, it only bonds with closely related elements)
He's still got it, folks!
Sprinkles are for winners.

User avatar
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur
Posts: 5367
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:42 pm
Contact:

Re: J! in the Media

Post by Volante » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:39 pm

dhkendall wrote: (As to osmondium, it only bonds with closely related elements)
And repels parkerium

User avatar
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion
Posts: 1194
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: J! in the Media

Post by Robert K S » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:28 pm

Volante wrote:
dhkendall wrote: (As to osmondium, it only bonds with closely related elements)
And repels parkerium
Tomorrow: Volante makes a Harry Potter universe elements pun.

User avatar
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur
Posts: 5367
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:42 pm
Contact:

Re: J! in the Media

Post by Volante » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:32 pm

Robert K S wrote:
Volante wrote:
dhkendall wrote: (As to osmondium, it only bonds with closely related elements)
And repels parkerium
Tomorrow: Volante makes a Harry Potter universe elements pun.
geeze, I totally messed up the name, too... How I turned 'osborn' into 'osmond'... :roll:

User avatar
alietr
Site Admin
Posts: 5377
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Bethesda, MD

Re: J! in the Media

Post by alietr » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:17 am

Book review of Alexandra Petri's new book:

A Field Guide to Awkward Silences

User avatar
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion
Posts: 1194
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: J! in the Media

Post by Robert K S » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:19 pm

Went to Chipotle yesterday. On the bag my take-out sofritas burrito came in was a short column of "literature" written by Amy Tan about how she believes in ghosts. She claims that one of them whistled the Jeopardy! tune to her husband when he was naked in the shower. Which is exactly what I would do if I died and became a ghost. I can't think of anything more frightening.

User avatar
alietr
Site Admin
Posts: 5377
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Bethesda, MD

Re: J! in the Media

Post by alietr » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:06 pm

Robert K S wrote:Went to Chipotle yesterday. On the bag my take-out sofritas burrito came in was a short column of "literature" written by Amy Tan about how she believes in ghosts. She claims that one of them whistled the Jeopardy! tune to her husband when he was naked in the shower. Which is exactly what I would do if I died and became a ghost. I can't think of anything more frightening.
I ain't afraid of no ghost.

Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes
Posts: 8518
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:39 pm

Re: J! in the Media

Post by Bamaman » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:10 pm

Robert K S wrote:Went to Chipotle yesterday. On the bag my take-out sofritas burrito came in was a short column of "literature" written by Amy Tan about how she believes in ghosts. She claims that one of them whistled the Jeopardy! tune to her husband when he was naked in the shower. Which is exactly what I would do if I died and became a ghost. I can't think of anything more frightening.
If I have the power to get in the shower with someone without them knowing about it, Amy Tan's husband would be pretty far down on my list of people to visit.
Complete the List champion, Episode 12.

User avatar
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion
Posts: 1194
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: J! in the Media

Post by Robert K S » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:50 pm

Cod piece. And yes, I stole that really bad pun from the first commenter.

User avatar
BigDaddyMatty
Save Me, Maggie!
Posts: 2379
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:05 am
Location: Rowlett, Texas

Re: J! in the Media

Post by BigDaddyMatty » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:17 pm

Robert K S wrote:Cod piece. And yes, I stole that really bad pun from the first commenter.
That took a lot of...um, never mind.
Sprinkles are for winners.

User avatar
triviawayne
On the Diving Board, Ready to Jump In
Posts: 935
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:50 pm

Re: J! in the Media

Post by triviawayne » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:25 pm

Bamaman wrote:
Robert K S wrote:Went to Chipotle yesterday. On the bag my take-out sofritas burrito came in was a short column of "literature" written by Amy Tan about how she believes in ghosts. She claims that one of them whistled the Jeopardy! tune to her husband when he was naked in the shower. Which is exactly what I would do if I died and became a ghost. I can't think of anything more frightening.
If I have the power to get in the shower with someone without them knowing about it, Amy Tan's husband would be pretty far down on my list of people to visit.
But still on your list...
Total game show career losings = $171,522

User avatar
MitchO
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 805
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:19 am

Re: J! in the Media

Post by MitchO » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:22 am

triviawayne wrote:
Bamaman wrote:
Robert K S wrote:Went to Chipotle yesterday. On the bag my take-out sofritas burrito came in was a short column of "literature" written by Amy Tan about how she believes in ghosts. She claims that one of them whistled the Jeopardy! tune to her husband when he was naked in the shower. Which is exactly what I would do if I died and became a ghost. I can't think of anything more frightening.
If I have the power to get in the shower with someone without them knowing about it, Amy Tan's husband would be pretty far down on my list of people to visit.
But still on your list...
It's a really long list. He spends an awful long time thinking about it.

User avatar
OrangeSAM
(Unranked)
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:00 pm

Re: J! in the Media

Post by OrangeSAM » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:24 am

triviawayne wrote:
Bamaman wrote:
Robert K S wrote:Went to Chipotle yesterday. On the bag my take-out sofritas burrito came in was a short column of "literature" written by Amy Tan about how she believes in ghosts. She claims that one of them whistled the Jeopardy! tune to her husband when he was naked in the shower. Which is exactly what I would do if I died and became a ghost. I can't think of anything more frightening.
If I have the power to get in the shower with someone without them knowing about it, Amy Tan's husband would be pretty far down on my list of people to visit.
But still on your list...
Thank you all for inspiring my Clavin FJ! response: "Who are people I've never seen in the shower?"
OCSam

User avatar
Mathew5000
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 469
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:46 am

Re: J! in the Media

Post by Mathew5000 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:14 am

Print ads for Alex Trebek's 1971 morning show on CBC Radio's Toronto station: http://torontoist.com/2015/07/vintage-t ... ex-trebek/

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Archivists, Bamaman, Google [Bot], Peter the accountant, Woof and 19 guests