J! in the Media

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

cinemaniax7
Humble Pi

Re: J! in the Media

Post by cinemaniax7 »

floridagator
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by floridagator »

There has been clickbait advertising on Facebook lately pertaining to Mayim Bialik. Click, if you dare.
https://beautyfirstart.com/
I'd rather cuddle then have sex. If you're into grammar, you'll understand.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

floridagator wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:55 pm There has been clickbait advertising on Facebook lately pertaining to Mayim Bialik. Click, if you dare.
https://beautyfirstart.com/
I've always wondered how I should begin making my evergreen trees more attractive...
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Shadows (5), Foxy Brown (7), Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6)
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

floridagator wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:55 pm There has been clickbait advertising on Facebook lately pertaining to Mayim Bialik. Click, if you dare.
Please, don't dare.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/mayim ... legations/
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

Here's a story about a contestant named Les who used a combination of the J! Archive and Facebook to track down a copy of his (older) show.
brick

Post by brick »

Robert K S wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:19 pm Here's a story about a contestant named Les who used a combination of the J! Archive and Facebook to track down a copy of his (older) show.
That's lovely! Three cheers for the archivists for their role in things.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Golf

Post by Golf »

Robert K S wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:19 pm Here's a story about a contestant named Les who used a combination of the J! Archive and Facebook to track down a copy of his (older) show.
Glad he got another copy of his show.

But what he said about Alex talking Linda into betting too much on DD3 was way off. She was way behind very late in the game and a miss with any wager and she's toast. So might as well bet it all and give yourself the best chance to win. And then to say she had little chance of getting a 2nd row clue was pretty crappy.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Golf wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:54 pm
Glad he got another copy of his show.

But what he said about Alex talking Linda into betting too much on DD3 was way off. She was way behind very late in the game and a miss with any wager and she's toast. So might as well bet it all and give yourself the best chance to win. And then to say she had little chance of getting a 2nd row clue was pretty crappy.

When she hit the DD the scores were:

Neil: $11,100
Linda: $4,300
Les: $900

There was $400 left on the board in two clues. So she might as well go all in to maximize her chances of winning. Perhaps bet smaller to stay in second on a miss, but having already won $12,601 and consolation prizes not in cash, you might as well go big.

I agree the comment was rude. How would he know she would miss a second row clue about people from Maine?

Perhaps not his intent, but he implies he won $2,100 and not a trip to Disney World.
cinemaniax7
Humble Pi

Post by cinemaniax7 »

Mayim Bialik on Vaccines, Jeopardy!, and Childhood Trauma:

"I think as a woman there’s a special consideration, because when women sound definitive or stern it’s a different message than when men sound definitive or stern. And a lot of times when people will say, 'Oh, you sound like you think you know it all,' I’ll think, gosh, that’s just because I’m using an affirmative voice. One of the neat things about having a woman in this role is it’s bringing up a lot of questions about the labels we put on those things. One of my biggest challenges is I’m so impressed that people know the answers that they’ve asked me to tone down how excited I am when people get them right, which I think is a great note to get."
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

Dr. Oz's two-week guest hosting stint paid "more than $268,000" to an unnamed charity, according to his Senate run filings.

If Alex Trebek was paid the same rate, that would've meant he was making a little over $6 million annually.
jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

Robert K S wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:10 pm Dr. Oz's two-week guest hosting stint paid "more than $268,000" to an unnamed charity, according to his Senate run filings.

If Alex Trebek was paid the same rate, that would've meant he was making a little over $6 million annually.
Remember the winning totals of the champions + consolation amounts were being donated to each host's designated charity.. So this may have little in common with Alex's rate of compensation. I added up the 10 champion's totals for Dr. Oz's games and came up with around $238k, adding the $3000x10 for 2nd 3rd in fact does give $268,000. So maybe this means the guest hosts weren't actually paid but the charitable totals were considered their salary essentially handing them a large 6 figure tax writeoff? I'm not sure if that makes sense or not but based on those numbers matching up...maybe?
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

I wouldn’t really call it a tax write off since his “salary” from Jeopardy went to charity and his total taxable earnings were no different than if he hadn’t hosted.

It is interesting the charitable donations were considered part of the hosts’ income rather than a direct donation from Sony. I wonder if this benefits Sony doing it that way or if there is some union rule that won’t let the hosts work for free.
cinemaniax7
Humble Pi

Post by cinemaniax7 »

"Jeopardy!" Fans Are Freaking Out Over Mayim Bialik's Repeat Sweater-Blazer

Next time, on a very special episode of Blossom...
brick

Post by brick »

cinemaniax7 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:36 pm "Jeopardy!" Fans Are Freaking Out Over Mayim Bialik's Repeat Sweater-Blazer

The obsession with dissecting the minutiae of a woman’s appearance never gets old for some people.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

brick wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:00 pm
cinemaniax7 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:36 pm "Jeopardy!" Fans Are Freaking Out Over Mayim Bialik's Repeat Sweater-Blazer

The obsession with dissecting the minutiae of a woman’s appearance never gets old for some people.
I wonder what it'd be like to have that much free time...
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Shadows (5), Foxy Brown (7), Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6)
squarekara
J! Reactionary

Post by squarekara »

The US Sun: Jeopardy! podium secrets revealed – Inside why there are little white lights & trick to make contestants S....
https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/5 ... ium-riser/
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Ken made the cover of TV Guide (Apr. 25 - May 8) and is featured on two pages inside:
Spoiler
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

MarkBarrett wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:05 am Ken made the cover of TV Guide (Apr. 25 - May 8) and is featured on two pages inside:
Spoiler
Ken keeps getting better, Mayim keeps getting worse
Total game show career losings = $171,522