J! in the Media

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, dhkendall, trainman, econgator

squarekara
LEGO my Ego
Posts: 525
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:49 am
Location: Land o' Lincoln

Re: J! in the Media

Post by squarekara » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:57 pm

ABC News reported that Alex Trebek will moderate the Pennsylvania gubernatorial debate this fall.

User avatar
earendel
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 504
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:22 pm
Location: mired in the bureaucracy

Re: J! in the Media

Post by earendel » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:14 am

squarekara wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:57 pm
ABC News reported that Alex Trebek will moderate the Pennsylvania gubernatorial debate this fall.
Will the candidates have to phrase their responses in the form of a question? :mrgreen:
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

squarekara
LEGO my Ego
Posts: 525
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:49 am
Location: Land o' Lincoln

Re: J! in the Media

Post by squarekara » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:23 am

earendel wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:14 am
squarekara wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:57 pm
ABC News reported that Alex Trebek will moderate the Pennsylvania gubernatorial debate this fall.
Will the candidates have to phrase their responses in the form of a question? :mrgreen:
Or buzz in to speak?

User avatar
OSXpert
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 881
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:29 pm

Re: J! in the Media

Post by OSXpert » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:42 am

If you want to know what Austin has been up to:
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/au ... bbc8#_ftn3

User avatar
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream
Posts: 8743
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:49 am
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Contact:

Re: J! in the Media

Post by dhkendall » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:06 pm

earendel wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:14 am
squarekara wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:57 pm
ABC News reported that Alex Trebek will moderate the Pennsylvania gubernatorial debate this fall.
Will the candidates have to phrase their responses in the form of a question? :mrgreen:
What is Aleppo?
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

User avatar
boson
Trivial
Posts: 1352
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:01 pm

Re: J! in the Media

Post by boson » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:21 am

OSXpert wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:42 am
If you want to know what Austin has been up to:
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/au ... bbc8#_ftn3
Austin is the hipster's hipster.

He seems like a super nice/fun/smart guy. But exudes nyc hipster cool.

Don't Think Twice
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:39 pm

Re: J! in the Media

Post by Don't Think Twice » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:20 pm

Nah. I think Austin is more of a bro than a hipster. I say this as a vintage New Yorker who has closely observed both subcultures. :)

User avatar
Rahsputin
Contributor
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:10 pm
Location: near Vancouver, BC

Re: J! in the Media

Post by Rahsputin » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:56 am

A local reporter attended our audition this past weekend and got to go through all the rigors that we did

https://www.cheknews.ca/whats-it-like-t ... ut-422157/

Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes
Posts: 8997
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:39 pm

Re: J! in the Media

Post by Bamaman » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:42 pm

The show’s Instagram page today featured a picture of the first Canadian champ, who was identified only as Barbara. Can any show historians provide more information?

User avatar
cheezguyty
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 918
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:19 am
Location: Louisville, KY

Re: J! in the Media

Post by cheezguyty » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:47 pm

Bamaman wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:42 pm
The show’s Instagram page today featured a picture of the first Canadian champ, who was identified only as Barbara. Can any show historians provide more information?
That's Season 4 5-time champion Barbara-Anne Eddy.

User avatar
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream
Posts: 8743
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:49 am
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Contact:

Re: J! in the Media

Post by dhkendall » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:40 pm

I wonder who the first Canadian contestant was?
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

User avatar
cheezguyty
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 918
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:19 am
Location: Louisville, KY

Re: J! in the Media

Post by cheezguyty » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:48 pm

dhkendall wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:40 pm
I wonder who the first Canadian contestant was?
The first Canadian contestant in the Archive is Bruce Fauman, who won five games in Season 1.

User avatar
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream
Posts: 8743
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:49 am
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Contact:

Re: J! in the Media

Post by dhkendall » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:13 pm

cheezguyty wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:48 pm
dhkendall wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:40 pm
I wonder who the first Canadian contestant was?
The first Canadian contestant in the Archive is Bruce Fauman, who won five games in Season 1.
That would contradict the claim of “first Canadian champ” above then ...
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes
Posts: 8997
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:39 pm

Re: J! in the Media

Post by Bamaman » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:08 am

dhkendall wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:13 pm
cheezguyty wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:48 pm
dhkendall wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:40 pm
I wonder who the first Canadian contestant was?
The first Canadian contestant in the Archive is Bruce Fauman, who won five games in Season 1.
That would contradict the claim of “first Canadian champ” above then ...
I thought it was odd it took four years for a Canadian champ. Granted, Bruce is dead, but I doubt she was second.

User avatar
boson
Trivial
Posts: 1352
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:01 pm

Re: J! in the Media

Post by boson » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:04 pm

A preview of today's categories from the Jeopardy twitter:


User avatar
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur
Posts: 5829
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:42 pm
Contact:

Re: J! in the Media

Post by Volante » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:41 pm

boson wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:04 pm
A preview of today's categories from the Jeopardy twitter:

https://twitter.com/Jeopardy/status/973 ... wsrc%5Etfw
HA! and the clip runs for 3:14, too.

squarekara
LEGO my Ego
Posts: 525
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:49 am
Location: Land o' Lincoln

Re: J! in the Media

Post by squarekara » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:37 pm

Inside Edition is running a piece today on Paris Themmen's J! appearance. In a Skype interview, Paris confirms that his "Mike Teavee" role was one of the tidbits provided for Alex's index card, but Alex chose the international backpacking anecdote.

User avatar
alietr
Site Admin
Posts: 5762
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Bethesda, MD

Re: J! in the Media

Post by alietr » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:42 pm

squarekara wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:37 pm
Inside Edition is running a piece today on Paris Themmen's J! appearance. In a Skype interview, Paris confirms that his "Mike Teavee" role was one of the tidbits provided for Alex's index card, but Alex chose the international backpacking anecdote.
From what I can tell, Paris' attitude seems to be "OK, I did that, and that was then, so moving right along ..."

davey
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 2917
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:55 pm

Re: J! in the Media

Post by davey » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:33 pm

Last night's SNL Black Jeopardy!...with Chadwick Boseman.


User avatar
RoJo
Contributor
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:54 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: J! in the Media

Post by RoJo » Fri May 18, 2018 5:51 pm

From Jay Cridlin of Tampa Bay Online: I went through ‘Jeopardy!’ auditions in Tampa, and I have a few questions
http://www.tampabay.com/features/popcul ... _168328079

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot] and 26 guests