Wednesday, November 26, 2014 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, dhkendall, trainman, econgator

Archivists
Fan-created archive of games and players

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by Archivists » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:30 am

Game Recap for Show #6948, 2014-11-26

CONTESTANTS
Joel Stjernholm, a student and emergency room scribe from Minneapolis, Minnesota
Aggie Lee, an attorney from Los Angeles, California
Mariusz Galczynski, a university lecturer from St. Charles, Illinois (whose 1-day cash winnings total $20,350)

OPENING REMARKS
Alex: Thank you, Johnny. Thank you, ladies and gentlemen. Mariusz had a good day yesterday, performed extremely well, wound up winning over 20 grand. Aggie and Joel would like to have that happen to them today. Let's see what happens. Good luck. Here we go. One Daily Double in this round with these categories...

JEOPARDY! ROUND CATEGORIES
DINNER & A BROADWAY SHOW (5/5) (Alex: Sounds like a fun evening.)
3-LETTER WORDS (5/5, including 1 correct Daily Double)
HALF A TV TITLE PAIR (5/5)
SECOND BOOK IN THE SERIES (3/5) (Alex: We'll give you that, you give us the preceding book.)
AMERICANA (4/5)
A VISIT TO TESLA (4/5) (Jimmy: [*] Motors--turning electric cars into the first successful American auto start-up in almost a century.)

THE RIGHTS & THE WRONGS
Joel: 12 R, 1 W
Aggie: 7 R (including 1 DD), 0 W
Mariusz: 7 R (including 1 rebound), 1 W

Clues revealed: 30
Triple Stumpers: 4
Jeopardy! Round Potential Lach Trash: $3,400

SCORES AT THE FIRST BREAK
Mariusz: $2,200
Joel: $2,000
Aggie: $600

CONTESTANT INTERVIEWS

Alex: Joel Stjernholm is from, uh, Minnesota. You started distance running. Uh, why?

Joel: Mainly because I love Eggs Benedict and huevos rancheros, and I wanted to eat guilt--brunch guilt-free. So, I took up distance running and actually just did my second marathon yesterday.

Alex: Good for you.

Joel: Thank you.

Alex: That's wonderful. What was your time?

Joel: Uh, 3:25:07.

Alex: That's pretty good.

Joel: And ate very well before and after.

Alex: [Laughs] All righty.

Alex: Aggie Lee is an attorney from Los Angeles. Now, it's always fun to travel and run into celebrities. You and your mom ran into somebody rather well-known, but somebody that your mom related to more than yourself.

Aggie: Yes. I don't know whether he would be an actual celebrity, but to her, it was. We were in a cab in Korea. And we were driving by a park. And she used to tell me that when she was in high school, she would go listen to this band play. It was a folk band. And the cab driver was like, "Well, what was the name of the band?" And she told him. He said, "I was the drummer in that band." So, it was a small world.

Alex: So, the cab driver was one of her heroes.

Aggie: Yes. Yes.

Alex: Okay, good for you.

Alex: Mariusz Galczynski is a university lecturer who is now the man from Montreal, teaching multi-cultural education, which means what? I'm a little confused about that.

Mariusz: Well, it's all about recognizing the various differences of students and making classrooms inclusive spaces for all kinds of needs.

Alex: Now, do you deal with, uh, different religions, uh, different backgrounds? What do you focus on?

Mariusz: Everything. It encompasses a very broad definition from ethnic background to gender, sexuality, uh, physical and mental ability.

Alex: And the goal, of course, is to make--

Mariusz: Create a safe space where all students can achieve.

Alex: Okay. Good.

JEOPARDY! ROUND DAILY DOUBLE
Aggie found the Daily Double on the 25th clue. Mariusz had $3,000, Aggie had $3,400, and Joel was at $3,400. Aggie wagered $1,400.

3-LETTER WORDS $1000: Of Chinese origin, in U.S. slang it originally referred to a craving for opium

TRIPLE STUMPERS IN THE JEOPARDY! ROUND
SECOND BOOK IN THE SERIES $400: "Force 10 from Navarone"
(Alex: Go for the obvious--[*].)

SECOND BOOK IN THE SERIES $1000: "Prince Caspian"
(Mariusz: What is... ss...)
(Alex: Oh, too much time.)

AMERICANA $1000: This boy & his dog Tige were major cartoon characters before becoming mascots for kids' shoes

A VISIT TO TESLA $1000: (Sarah of the Clue Crew reports from Tesla Motors in Fremont, CA.) Drawing on ideas conceived by Nikola Tesla himself, the motors used in all Tesla cars make use of this phenomenon by which the spinning of a metallic rotor inside a magnetic field creates an electrical current

SCORES AT THE END OF THE JEOPARDY! ROUND
Joel: $5,400
Aggie: $4,800
Mariusz: $3,000

Archivists
Fan-created archive of games and players

Re: Wednesday, November 26, 2014 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by Archivists » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:30 am

DOUBLE JEOPARDY! ROUND CATEGORIES
COLORFUL GEOGRAPHY (4/5, including 1 correct Daily Double)
WHAT THEY MAKE (4/5)
"HI"S & "LO"S (1/1) (Alex: Each response will begin or end with "hi" or "lo".)
THE LATE 19th CENTURY (2/5)
-OLOGIES (4/5)
MUSIC & MOVIES (5/5, including 1 correct Daily Double)

THE RIGHTS & THE WRONGS
Joel: 10 R (including 1 rebound and 1 DD), 1 W
Aggie: 6 R (including 1 rebound), 2 W
Mariusz: 4 R (including 1 DD), 2 W

Clues revealed: 26
Triple Stumpers: 6
Double Jeopardy! Round Potential Lach Trash: $9,600

FIRST DOUBLE JEOPARDY! ROUND DAILY DOUBLE
Mariusz snagged the next Daily Double on the 1st clue. Mariusz had $3,000, Aggie had $4,800, and Joel was at $5,400. Mariusz made it a True Daily Double, wagering $3,000.

COLORFUL GEOGRAPHY $1200: In the Middle Ages this historic region of France included half of what is now Switzerland

SECOND DOUBLE JEOPARDY! ROUND DAILY DOUBLE
It was Joel who snatched up the last Daily Double of the game on the 19th clue. Mariusz had $4,800, Aggie had $9,600, and Joel was at $9,000. Joel wagered $2,000.

MUSIC & MOVIES $2000: John Lennon said when this "came out in '65, I was actually crying out for" it
(Alex: [*] is right. Came to you in the knick of time.)

TRIPLE STUMPERS IN THE DOUBLE JEOPARDY! ROUND
COLORFUL GEOGRAPHY $2000: This river & its chief tributary, the Vaal, form a drainage basin of around 330,000 square miles in southern Africa

-OLOGIES $2000: This 13-letter science is concerned with dating the earth & its rock formations

THE LATE 19th CENTURY $400: In 1889 this list of the 11 best college football players in the country first came out

THE LATE 19th CENTURY $2000: In 1898 gold was discovered on Anvil Creek near this future port on Alaska's Seward Peninsula
(Mariusz: What is Port Hope?)
(Joel: What is Anchorage?)

THE LATE 19th CENTURY $1600: When P.T. Barnum purchased this animal from the London Zoo in 1882, the queen demanded the sale be stopped
(Aggie: What is an elephant?)
(Alex: Be more specific.)
(Aggie: Uh--)
(Alex: Oh, that's too bad.)
(Alex: "Who is [*] the elephant?" Less than a minute to go now.)

WHAT THEY MAKE $1600: Melissa & Doug, since 1989

SCORES ENTERING FINAL JEOPARDY!
Joel: $15,400
Aggie: $8,000
Mariusz: $4,800

FINAL JEOPARDY! CATEGORY
20th CENTURY NOVELS

VENUSIAN MONOLOGUES/MARTIAN CHRONICLES
Crush for first place.
Joel: Wager $601 to cover Aggie, but no more than $5,799 so as not to fall behind Mariusz's doubled score.
Aggie: You have the hope of surpassing Joel if you come up with the correct response. Bet at least $7,401 to force Joel to wager to win while also protecting your position from being usurped by Mariusz.
Mariusz: Unfortunately, your score is less than the difference between the scores of the first and second place players, so unless they both blunder, you're competing for second place and have no hopes of first. Wager as much as you desire, but remember, you'll have better chances of advancing to second place if you have a larger sum left over on a Triple Stumper.

FINAL JEOPARDY! CLUE
In 1940 House Representative from Oklahoma Lyle Boren denounced it as a "dirty, lying, filthy manuscript"

FINAL SCORES
Mariusz: $4,800 + $4,800 = $9,600 (What is The Grapes of Wrath?) (3rd place)
Aggie: $8,000 + $7,800 = $15,800 (What is the Grapes of Wrath?) (New champion: $15,800)
Joel: $15,400 - $601 = $14,799 (What is In Cold Blood?) (2nd place)
(Alex: [To Mariusz] You are correct. Steinbeck's book.)

Total Potential Lach Trash: $13,000

GAME DYNAMICS

CORYAT SCORES
Joel: $15,400, 22 R (including 1 DD), 2 W
Aggie: $7,600, 13 R (including 1 DD), 2 W
Mariusz: $3,000, 11 R (including 1 DD), 3 W
Combined Coryat: $26,000

BATTING AVERAGES
Joel: 22/59 = .373
Aggie: 14/59 = .237
Mariusz: 12/59 = .203
Team: 48/63 = .762

MISCELLANEOUS INTERESTING CLUES
HALF A TV TITLE PAIR $600: "& Geeks"
(Joel: [*]. Uh--)
(Alex: "What is [*]?")
(Joel: Sorry, excuse me. What is [*] & Geeks?)

HALF A TV TITLE PAIR $1000: "& Down"
(Joel: What is [*] & Down?)
(Joel: What is AMERICANA for $200 please.)
(Alex: I'll tell you.)

AMERICANA $800: This type of covered wagon used in the 19th century is named for a region of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
(Joel: What is Canastota?)

AMERICANA $600: Miss U.S.A. began in 1952; 3 decades later this word was inserted to start a new pageant
(Mariusz: What is Miss [*] USA?)

DINNER & A BROADWAY SHOW $1000: It looks like someone's cooking this perfect Sunday supper that sometimes has "Yankee" before its name

A VISIT TO TESLA $200: (Sarah of the Clue Crew reports from behind the wheel of a Tesla at Tesla Motors in Fremont, CA.) Unlike an internal combustion gas engine with many moving parts, a Tesla motor only has one, the rotor--as a result, this increase in velocity is instantaneous, allowing you to go from 0 to 60 in 4.2 seconds

A VISIT TO TESLA $400: (Jimmy of the Clue Crew reports from Tesla Motors in Fremont, CA.) The body of each car begins with a giant 20,000-lb. coil of this metal, atomic #13, which will be stretched, bent, punched, painted & more before it's done

A VISIT TO TESLA $600: (Jimmy of the Clue Crew reports from Tesla Motors in Fremont, CA.) As the body of a Tesla comes together, several joining methods are used, including adhesive, cold metal transfer, self-piercing rivets & the resistance type of this metallurgic technique

A VISIT TO TESLA $800: (Jimmy of the Clue Crew reports from Tesla Motors in Fremont, CA.) In 2013, 9 years ahead of schedule, Tesla Motors paid back $465 million in loans from this U.S. government department that's rightly interested in Tesla's advanced technology

COLORFUL GEOGRAPHY $1600: This colorful range is known for its beautiful scenery, especially along the Skyline Drive in Virginia
(Mariusz: What are the Blue Mountains?)

MUSIC & MOVIES $1200: The note sequence heard here played a huge role in this 1977 film

MUSIC & MOVIES $400: We'll never listen to "Stuck In The Middle With You" the same way again after seeing this 1992 Tarantino film
(Aggie: What is Pulp Fiction?)

WHAT THEY MAKE $800: Prego, part of Campbell
[Joel gave both listed responses.]
[The end-of-round signal sounds.]

CORRECT RESPONSES
yen
The Guns of Navarone
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
Buster Brown
electromagnetic induction
Burgundy
Help!
the Orange River
geochronology
the All-American football team
Nome, Alaska
Jumbo
toys
The Grapes of Wrath
Freaks
Eastbound
Conestoga
Teen
pot roast
acceleration
aluminum
welding
Energy
the Blue Ridge Mountains
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Reservoir Dogs
pasta sauce (tomato sauce)

jeff6286
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by jeff6286 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:59 pm

20th Century Novels
In 1940 House Representative from Oklahoma Lyle Boren denounced it as a "Dirty, lying, filthy manuscript".

SpoilerShow
What is The Grapes of Wrath? Joel said In Cold Blood.

Joel Stjernholm: $15,400-$601=$14,799
Aggie Lee: $8,000+$7,800=$15,800...now a 1-day champion with $15,800
Mariusz Galczynski: $4,800+$4,800=$9,600
Last edited by jeff6286 on Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

grindcore
Some Guy

Post by grindcore » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:58 pm

Another fun game, although it seemed pretty pop-culture heavy. Surprised that there were four clues left hidden, it didn't feel like play was that slow. Poor Joel will be cursing himself for taking five seconds instead of four on that daily double, holy cow. Fine margins indeed.

I gobble up geography categories like baby carrots but couldn't come up with Burgundy in time. I was thinking "white alps" or some such nonsense. I did get Orange river though.

Surprised they put the DD in three-letter words, those categories are usually pretty easy. Props to Aggie for getting it, she was quite assured all the way through, save for her Tarantino slip-up. Can she break the one-day champion streak? I wouldn't bet against it.

I couldn't come up with anything in FJ, i was trying to think of something with an anti-religious slant or something. If Joel wrote down In Cold Blood just to have something, fair enough but it did make me wince a little bit. 1940? A wee bit early for that one... Shame since he seemed like a total buzzer boss. And if he's not careful, that smile of his could melt the polar ice caps.

P.S. i always watch J! as soon as I get home from work and then I want to post here immediately after. Hope nobody minds the perky newcomer always piping up at the top of the thread.

floridagator

Post by floridagator » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:20 pm

Good game. Tight in the middle. I was cheering for the Swede, but he lost his near-runaway by not knowing FJ. How often does that happen? FJ was an instaget for me (as I imagine it was for most who read this board) but it sure seems like we've had a disproportionate number of literature FJs lately.

I didn't even need to hear the notes to know the film whose "5-note sequence" was popular.
I'd rather cuddle then have sex. If you're into grammar, you'll understand.

xxaaaxx

Post by xxaaaxx » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:29 pm

LTaM sounds, you have a small-ish lead...and you're heading for the bottom of the board? Why? The DDs are gon...oh, OK, you stretched that lead out nicely! Maybe you had a strategy in mind after all; now all you have to do is get the 1600/2000 clue in Hi/Low and wrap this sucker u...wait, NOW you go for the 800 clue?!? See ya.

Instaget FJ.

Abraxas

Post by Abraxas » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:36 pm

This was an interesting game, with Aggie winning because Joel didn't get FJ. I got 35 clues correct including Buster Brown, Orange River, Jumbo the Elephant, and FJ.

mxc_takeshi

Post by mxc_takeshi » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:59 pm

37 right.

Dinner- 3; 3- Letter- 2; TV- 5; 2nd- 5; Americana- 3; Tesla- 2
Color- 4; Make- 3; HiLo- 0; Late 19th- 3; -ology- 4; Music/Movies- 3

Lach trash: "Guns of Navarone", "The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe", "All-American list"

Instaget FJ.

StevenH
Not J! Contestant Material

Post by StevenH » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:02 pm

This was another very enjoyable board. Television is one of my worst categories but the television category that came up in the J! round was an easy run. And I once again lost out on a 50 50 90 guess between Nome and Barrow; I can never keep those two straight.

FJ was an instant get. I wasn't completely confident from the clue, but the category name left little doubt.

Ryno

Post by Ryno » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:06 pm

Funny thing was I was watching a YouTube video about C.S. Lewis before watching this game. After a spell of slim pickings on Lach Trash, this game worked for me.

Lach Trash: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe; Buster Brown; Orange River; All-American; Nome; Jumbo

Instaget FJ. Too bad that the leader didn't risk more on the Help! DD, he just missed the lock. That FJ is the kind you have to get if you don't have the lock.
One time swimmer in the Jeopardy! pool

TenPoundHammer
Otters are meant to swim

Post by TenPoundHammer » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:42 pm

I keep forgetting that my sister's DVR fast forwards a lot faster than mine.

Lach Trash: Buster Brown.

Ran Americana ad TV Title Pair, got all but Salieri in Dinner/Broadway.

Got only H2G2 in Second Book. I thought $400 was very undervalued there.

Overall, a very good J! round with 19.

I got the Close Encounters of the Third Kind clue entirely from a previous FJ!

Can we poll Melissa and Doug? I'm curious as to how many knew that.

Where did all the time go in DJ?! LTAM with 10 clues left?!?

I got everything but geochronology in Ology, but had only 6 other gets in all of DJ!

"Blah blah blah Oklahoma". Gotta be Grapes of Wrath. Two easy literature categories in a row.
Ten Pound Hammer

This space for rent

goatman
Man Who Stares At Goats!

Post by goatman » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:24 pm

Not an instaget FJ but tweaked it out after recognizing has to be a 1940 novel about Oklahoma... Willa Cather... no, O! Pioneers doesn't really fit... Trail of Tears? Faulkner, Mitchell both from Georgia although Gone with the Wind was filmed in 1939, don't see how it was 'filthy';... hmmm Okies from Muskogee... Dust Bowl... THe JOADS! Doh lol thereyago. Went down to the J-shelf where I keep all the most commonly queried novels and on page XL of an XLIV page introduction in my 1992 Penguin Classics Edition, I found the exact quote about Lyle Boren reproduced verbatim, with other examples, and the conclusion that of all these detractors, "None of them had one iota of impact."

Overall 39 correct responses including FJ with one miss; I gave "Pulp Fiction" for "Reservoir Dogs" for a 1992 Quetin Tarantino production, bah. Probably a common mis-take. Sorry to see Mariusz go, he was really quite a good player and made a bold true DD on "Burgundy" in colorful geography for a French state formerly partly in Switzerland. Likewise, "Orange" river and state are both found in South Africa, as is Transvaal, meaning "across the Vaal" all good southern African names to know. The Red Sea comes up often in colorful category and is bordered by Eritrea and Arabia. Blue Ridge MTNs = instaget for Virginians and was sorry to see Mz missed it with 'Blue Mtns'; instaget Green Acres with Hungarian-born Eva Gabor (sister of Zsa-zsa!) and Eddie Albert, and also CEOTTK Tones.

4/5 in 'ology' category with hits on astrology / cardiology / pharmacology / Marine Biology but NHO "Geochronology" GTK! Clam on Nome, AK port but instaget Amalthea = 5th discovered moon of Jupiter, by Barnard (Galileo discovered the four principal moons in 1610). IMHO pretty tough get for anyone not into astronomy. Amalthea was the she-goat who suckled Zeus when Rhea (also a flightless bird of S. America) was hiding him from Chronos, until he was old enough to commit patricide. Amalthea gave the ultimate for her foster 'son' when he slew her for her coat, which became his Aegis, another fav. The minor moons always make great DDs and tend to be a weak spot for many players. I love these moons, gimme more cowbells! My other fav: Galatea, 6th moon of Uranus. From Pygmalion... Geo. Bernard Shaw, plagiarized freely from the Greeks. Pygmalion crafted Galatea, and so loved her that she became a real woman (shades of the Velveteen Rabbit!)

Clam on "I would Die 4 U" from Purple Rain, the Artist not formerly known as Prince anymore. Rollicking great fun singing out; "Look on the Bright siiiiii-de of Life!" (Life of Brian ROFL). Clam on Help! 1965, "Crying out for it" pretty good TOM I just fail the get. PT Barnum: Jumbo = Pavlov. Got Sherwin-Wms paint and this is twice now that Melissa and Doug Toys have been a TS! Yes TPH, we love these toys and the house is full of 'em. Easyget Prego tomato / pasta sauce.

Instaget Amadeus (1984 best picture) with Ian McKellen as Who's Salieri?! Easygets on spiny lobster, 'hub' (odd coincidence just talking about hubs with wife today, she asked; "what's that thingy in the middle of the bicycle wheel called? LOL' Also; Boston = 'Hub of the universe'; Hostess twinkies invented by Jim Dewar, conestoga wagon (another unfortunate mis-take for Mz, meh); Everglades, Hem & Haw, Tux = Penguin suit, mug = cup/face 'shot'; but clam on 'Yen' = 'craving (from opium addiction).

Loved the Tesla category, missed a run on DOE, my guess: DOT; but instaget 'electromagnetic induction (TS) as well as Al (#13), giant rolls pictured, resistance welding and rotor>acceleration.

I was strongest on literature by sequels category, getting 'Fellowship of the Ring' (DO NOT confuse with Lord of The RIngs, plural! There was just one fellowship, get it!?) for The Two Towers; Guns of Navarone / Force Ten Navarone; Divergent / Insurgent; Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy / The Restaurant at the End of the Universe and The Lion, The Witch & the Wardrobe / Prince Caspian (TS); in movies took Sex & the City (E-Z!) The Bold and the Beautiful, Freaks & Geeks but clam Eastbound & Down. NHO Tige, Buster Brown's dog LOL; induction failure on Miss (Teen) USA, ROFL.

Pretty darn good game IMHO they played well and surprise ending with an upset! I feel that Mariusz knew more, but played with a language handicap, apparently he's an ESL speaker, but gosh kudos to the man for coming to play in spite of it! Someone posted Swedish, but his name is Polish, did I miss a tell? He translated a Polish opera, so I reckon he's a native Polish speaker. Hope this chick can clear the board tomorrow... pretty please, with sugar on top?! Uncover all the clues for us already! good game in spite of that, congrats!
The corridors of my mind are plastered with 3M Post-It notes!

psgola
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by psgola » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:45 pm

First time in a while I've gotten FJ two days in a row, getting Grapes of Wrath.

Lach Trash: Lion, Witch and The Wardrobe. All-American (Would judges have accepted if I just said All-American, instead of "All-American Team"?)

I also got Blue Ridge Mountains, but only after Mariusz said the Blue Mountains.

Could we please have a multi-day champion? Has there even been a 5-day champ since Julia?

soxfan99
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by soxfan99 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:45 pm

Clearly no Tufts alums in this game. Go Jumbos!!

dexterG
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by dexterG » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:23 pm

Way too easy FJ. Was this a Thanksgiving gift?

cosmos

Post by cosmos » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:33 pm

The Tesla increase in velocity is instantaneous? Which means acceleration is infinite? :D I need to get out the physics books.

Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:35 pm

Prince Caspian arrived from Netflix for me today, so seeing that on the bottom row was quite amusing.

MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:49 pm

TenPoundHammer wrote:
Can we poll Melissa and Doug? I'm curious as to how many knew that.
Sure. It will be interesting to see if econgator got it this time. From the 2/23/12 thread a post by econgator:

Trying to remember what the other responses were for that one, but I, too, got Angry Birds and I know I had never heard of Melissa & Doug.

I had a strange sandwich in COLORFUL GEOGRAPHY getting the two above and two below the DD. With the mix of players today I could not yell when they did not get Jumbo or Buster Brown. The first C.S. Lewis book or Orange River were more the type I would think someone would get on any J! program.

I'm not crazy enough to name the act although it is guessable for anyone who has paid enough attention to my posts. Less than 30 minutes before watching the show I listened to a version of "Help!"

Joel lost the game multiple times tonight. $2000 only on the MUSIC & MOVIES Daily Double, not getting to more clues and not solving a gift FJ! clue for any leader. I'm sure Aggie would have figured it out anyway, but assist to Alex for spelling out that Joel did not have a runaway and that Aggie could catch him.

Even worse for Joel with all of the above negatives was his FJ! miss was on a clue everyone in his circle would know as well. He played well while missing the chance to close out the victory.

whatisbishkek

Post by whatisbishkek » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:52 pm

grindcore wrote:Another fun game, although it seemed pretty pop-culture heavy. Surprised that there were four clues left hidden, it didn't feel like play was that slow.
My thoughts were that the extra time was actually taken up during the J! round because of the Tesla category, but that was the last category in the round and they were probably contractually obligated to reveal all its clues, leaving less time for DJ!

econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:55 pm

MarkBarrett wrote:Sure. It will be interesting to see if econgator got it this time. From the 2/23/12 thread a post by econgator:

Trying to remember what the other responses were for that one, but I, too, got Angry Birds and I know I had never heard of Melissa & Doug.
Negative.