Sports Jeopardy episode 11 12/3(spoilers)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

psgola
Loyal Jeopardista

Re: Sports Jeopardy episode 11 12/3(spoilers)

Post by psgola » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:19 pm

First episode I've watched featuring a someone I tried out with in Vegas in Larry Solomon. Nice to see him with the go big or go home on FJ.
Was shocked to see Pride...not answered. I would think the Bang the Drum Slowly was a harder clue.
Yes, I also thought Marciano, however good on Larry (I think?) to pick up with Graziano.
Basically Closest state capital to category was name the state capital in the state where the stadium is.

Didn't too well, as had perfect categories but had five categories were I missed two or three answers. Did get FJ, but thought of Catfish Hunter briefly because he also played for the Yankees and A's.

Lach Trash: Pride of the Yankees, Paavo Nurmi, Chicago Bulls

Spiny Norman
Valued Contributor

Post by Spiny Norman » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:25 pm

TomSegi wrote:This isn't specifically related to the episode, but does anyone know if the show is still taping episodes? I think the original plan was three different taping sessions (Fall 2014, Winter 2014, and Spring 2015). Just wondering if they are still calling potential contestants or if they are finished for the season.
Sports J appears to be taping another 20 episodes the week of January 18. Audience tickets now available.
http://www.wheeltickets.tv/sportsjeoprequest.html

BobF
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by BobF » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:30 am

Spiny Norman wrote:
TomSegi wrote:This isn't specifically related to the episode, but does anyone know if the show is still taping episodes? I think the original plan was three different taping sessions (Fall 2014, Winter 2014, and Spring 2015). Just wondering if they are still calling potential contestants or if they are finished for the season.
Sports J appears to be taping another 20 episodes the week of January 18. Audience tickets now available.
http://www.wheeltickets.tv/sportsjeoprequest.html
This deserves a thread of its own.
Was once hugged by Maggie Speak!