Monday, September 19, 2011 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

OldSchoolChamp
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

That’s two of us

Post by OldSchoolChamp »

Vanya wrote:Yeah, you won't find Lucretia Garfield in my avatars....That would be disturbing.
Yeah, I find her pretty disturbing myself.

—OSC

We shall not cease from exploration,
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
TheConfessor
Jeopardy! Champion

Re: Monday, September 19, 2011 Game Recap & Discussion(SPOIL

Post by TheConfessor »

Bob78164 wrote:
TheConfessor wrote:I just watched today's episode, but I didn't record it, so please excuse my inexact memory. There was a category where all responses begin with "B" and end with "Y." The first clue said something like "the seeds of this plant are used to make beer." My initial thought was "brewery," but the correct answer was "barley." It seems to me that you could make a case for "brewery" to be accepted. One definition of "plant" is "the equipment, including the fixtures, machinery, tools, etc., and often the buildings, necessary to carry on any industrial business: a manufacturing plant." A brewery is a plant that manufactures beer, mainly from seeds and water.

I'm glad I finally figured out how to post here. Thanks to those who made it possible, while we wait (forever?) for Sony to fix their site.
I don't see how "brewery" fits the "seeds" portion of the clue. --Bob
If an auto plant uses threaded nuts to make cars, those parts would be the auto plant's nuts. If a brewery uses barley seeds to make beer, those ingredients would be the brewery's seeds.