News about Paucle

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Magna
Hooked on Jeopardy

Re: News about Paucle

Post by Magna »

Condolences to his family. My prayers are with them.

Rex Kramer
Jeopardy! TOCer

Post by Rex Kramer »

Paucle was the first person I ever interacted with online whose humane persona made me think, "I really should be more like him." I always felt that he never forgot that there were real people behind every post, no matter how abrasive or small-minded those posts might be. Remembering that ourselves would be a nice way to remember Paucle.

Rex

TriviaBug
Contributor

Post by TriviaBug »

Visiting the board after a long time only to read this sickening news. My deepest sympathy to Paucle's family and friends.
My website and app - http://triviabug.com

demomoke
Three-Time Swimmer in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by demomoke »

Paucle was one of the leading lights of this board, and an amazingly intelligent individual. My condolences to his family and friends. RIP

Roadgeek Adam
TOC Geek

Post by Roadgeek Adam »

Rest in peace my good man. You have made the most of the splendid torch life has given you, even if it ended too young.

His family and friends (along with other JBoarders who might have been said friends) is in my thoughts and prayers.
Adam Seth Moss
DoorDasher (since May 7, 2020)
M.A. History, Western Illinois Univ, 2017
B.A. History (minors in PoliSci & PubAdm), Montclair State Univ, 2015
A.A. History & Education, Middlesex County Coll., 2013

John Boy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by John Boy »

Crud. My condolences to his family, and thanks to the boardie(s) who kept us abreast of what was going on with him.

Schliemann

Post by Schliemann »

RIP to a great dude and a great trivia player. Many condolences.

gnash
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by gnash »

Terrible, very sad news. I was unaware of this thread as I haven't been very active here (and when I visited, I usually just looked at the daily game and LL threads), so I failed to write any message of support to Paucle while he was battling his final illness. I am sorry about that, but glad that so many people did. Paucle will live on in our best memories.

dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

I've seen the very sad news for quite a while, almost as soon as it was posted, and have really been struggling as to what to say, as I'm not very good at such sentiments. Thankfully, the board has taken care of that for me, as we have all stated how much Paucle has had an impact here. I am very pleased that the board brought Paucle enjoyment in life, even up to the end, as alan tiger brought him our best wishes while he was in hospital. Thank you alan tiger for helping us be there with him and having him be a part of us one last time.

The best legacy we can leave for Paucle is to be Paucle ourselves, now that the board is short one Paucle. He has left a tall order for us, we have heard how he was friendly, witty, helpful, smart, and kind to all boardies. The best way to honour him is to be that ourselves, Paucle wanted to make the board (and, presumably, everywhere he went) a better place, he's not here to do that any more, it is up to us now. Let us make Paucle proud.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012

alan tiger
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by alan tiger »

for those of you who have inquired, paul's brother has provided the following info about funeral arrangements:

"Limited details. So far it's a memorial service on Saturday the 28th at Ferrari Funeral Home. 1503 Union St. Schenectady, NY 12309. Time not set yet."

opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

So sorry to hear this. It's a great loss to this board and no doubt an incalculably greater loss to those who knew him better. I'm temporarily changing my avatar in Paucle's honor. I don't really feel like ice cream right now.

fowlerism
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by fowlerism »

Maybe we should name the first place prize for TD games the Paucle Memorial Trophy, or something like that? The Paul Legere Memorial Trophy? (Unless it already has another name?)

Woppy T

Post by Woppy T »

R.I.P.

This episode really makes me appeaciate this board and its users. Where else in the sea of filth called internet message boards will you find so many people sending kind words and prayers to someone they have never met? While sometimes we go overboard in criticizing contestants (of which I have been guilty), all in all, JBoard is a great place.

jfrumkin
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by jfrumkin »

May his memory be a blessing to his family and everyone who knew him.
Twitter: @jfrumkin

LeFlaneur
Jeopardy! Contestant

Post by LeFlaneur »

Rest in Peace Paucle. Thanks for all you did for this board and for being a real humanist.
Le Flaneur

Peggles
Grand Exalted Queen of the Universe

Post by Peggles »

fowlerism wrote:Maybe we should name the first place prize for TD games the Paucle Memorial Trophy, or something like that? The Paul Legere Memorial Trophy? (Unless it already has another name?)
I like this idea.

Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

I was going through Paucle's old posts and found one of the last ones he ever wrote. It was in the game thread for that god-awful FJ about the flight simulator invention. MDaunt had responded with artificial horizon. I said I had said autopilot and said that his response was on the right track.

Paucle responded by saying my answer was on-trackiest. (He had said ejection seat).

I really appreciated at the time him complementing my guess, even though I thought it wasn't that great. I meant to thank him at the time, but never did.

As others have said, he was truly a joy to interact with on the boards. I had a few pm conversations with him and he was always pleasant to deal with. He had a great mix of wit and intelligence and never seemed to cross the line to being mean.

He will be missed and the place won't be the same without him.

alan tiger
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by alan tiger »

from paucle's brother:

"Time set for 6pm til 8 at which time a memorial ceremony will be held. Paul will be cremated, so, no viewing.
Correct that! I was just informed it's to be 4pm til 6pm. Then ceremony."

Johnblue

Post by Johnblue »

Sad news. It seems like he was fairly young. My condolences and prayers to his family.

xxaaaxx

Post by xxaaaxx »

RIP Paucle