Tuesday, January 20, 2015 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

dexterG
Loyal Jeopardista

Re: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by dexterG »

Holocene Hero wrote:If you haven't seen Becket with Richard Burton and Peter O'Toole, yall are missing out. Absolutely fantastic movie.
Absolutely correct, an excellent movie. I saw Becket in high school in my British Lit class.

Instantly got FJ correct.
mrsal67
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by mrsal67 »

dexterG wrote:
Holocene Hero wrote:If you haven't seen Becket with Richard Burton and Peter O'Toole, yall are missing out. Absolutely fantastic movie.
Absolutely correct, an excellent movie. I saw Becket in high school in my British Lit class.

You should watch Peter O'Toole play an older Henry II in the Lion in Winter. Its an interesting follow-up plus has a young Anthony Hopkins and Timothy Dalton.
one-nil 2.0
Contributor

Post by one-nil 2.0 »

Robert K S wrote:Welcome back, Steve!
haha

tyvm

say hi to vanna for me. i've been clutching my prayer beads for him
goatman
Man Who Stares At Goats!

Post by goatman »

mrsal67 wrote:
dexterG wrote:

You should watch Peter O'Toole play an older Henry II in the Lion in Winter. Its an interesting follow-up plus has a young Anthony Hopkins and Timothy Dalton.
We just watched it over this weekend. Didn't even recognize Hopkins all bearded up and so young! It was his film debut as Richard Lionheart.
The wife instagot him, "Look, it's that British guy who fed people their brains!" LOL

A very young-looking Tim Dalton played King Philip II of France, his wars with cousin Henry II and second cousins John, Geoffrey and Richard went on for decades, and the film seems to last almost as long, lol!

Kate Hepburn took the only Best Actress Oscar to ever be shared, for Eleanor of Aquitaine, tied with Barbara Streisand's Fanny Brice in Funny Girl. Best pic that year was Oliver! which was definitely more entertaining. Funny how watching these oldies makes me wonder, "Gosh, I remember we used to pay good money to go see these dreadful sleepers!" Snore... ROFL!
The corridors of my mind are plastered with 3M Post-It notes!
mrsal67
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by mrsal67 »

I know this is about a week late, but did anyone else find the Reservation category offensive?
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

mrsal67 wrote:I know this is about a week late, but did anyone else find the Reservation category offensive?
How so? (Even more puzzling this would be asked as we only had one clue in the category revealed.)
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

dhkendall wrote:
mrsal67 wrote:I know this is about a week late, but did anyone else find the Reservation category offensive?
How so? (Even more puzzling this would be asked as we only had one clue in the category revealed.)
*nod* What could possibly be offensive about asking what state a reservation is in?
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

They have clues related to Indian tribes all the time. This was nothing out of the ordinary. Granted, I'm not Mr. PC, but I did not see it as anything to be offended by.
Vanya
The support is non-zero

Post by Vanya »

Did you have reservations about it? (Sorry, someone had to say it).
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

I think it's in poor taste that four of the clues in that category are being forcibly relocated to another episode, if not eradicated altogether.
BigDaddyMatty
Hoping not to get pruney this time

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

seaborgium wrote:I think it's in poor taste that four of the clues in that category are being forcibly relocated to another episode, if not eradicated altogether.
*slow clap*
Sprinkles are for winners.
Magna
Hooked on Jeopardy

Post by Magna »

Bamaman wrote:They have clues related to Indian tribes all the time. This was nothing out of the ordinary. Granted, I'm not Mr. PC, but I did not see it as anything to be offended by.
Me neither. "Reservation" is the usual, normal term and asking where they are is a pretty generic question. Someone somewhere might not like that there was a pun in the category title, but the writers do that all the time and I don't see why someone who knows the show would think of it as negative. Some of the biggest problems tribes face are the general public being oblivious to or ignorant of them, or harboring two-dimensional ideas about them, so a category like this might even be seen as a positive.