Celebrity Jeopardy?

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, dhkendall, trainman, econgator

Post Reply
User avatar
thejeopardyfan
(Unranked)
Posts: 861
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:37 am

Celebrity Jeopardy?

Post by thejeopardyfan » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:10 am

Does anyone know any more about this? Apparently it's not a joke. Kelly Miyahara tweeted cryptically about it too.

User avatar
ihavejeoprosy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 1205
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:17 pm

Re: Celebrity Jeopardy?

Post by ihavejeoprosy » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:28 am

How did they get pictures on the podium? I thought they didnt allow that?
Rodgers may be a good qb, but im not sure if hed be too good at other stuff.

The girls twitter says the episode airs may 12, so watch out for that i guess.
Please follow me on Twitter @Cinjeopardy
Total game show losings: $25 K

User avatar
alietr
Site Admin
Posts: 6515
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Bethesda, MD

Re: Celebrity Jeopardy?

Post by alietr » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:08 am

What day is it, Jeanie?

User avatar
ihavejeoprosy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 1205
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:17 pm

Re: Celebrity Jeopardy?

Post by ihavejeoprosy » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:28 am

alietr wrote:What day is it, Jeanie?
Thats what I thought at first, but if you click the girls twitter there are pictures of him on set.

If this is a joke, its a pretty elaborate and well done one.

Cameras aren't allowed in the studio, so im pretty mad that the girl got to take those pics.
Please follow me on Twitter @Cinjeopardy
Total game show losings: $25 K

legendneverdies
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 1605
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:52 pm

Re: Celebrity Jeopardy?

Post by legendneverdies » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:30 am

APril F Day making a cameo today?

User avatar
ihavejeoprosy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 1205
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:17 pm

Re: Celebrity Jeopardy?

Post by ihavejeoprosy » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:31 am

legendneverdies wrote:APril F Day making a cameo today?
Click on the girls twitter. It has pics of him and everything.
Please follow me on Twitter @Cinjeopardy
Total game show losings: $25 K

User avatar
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream
Posts: 8763
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:49 am
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Contact:

Re: Celebrity Jeopardy?

Post by dhkendall » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:00 am

If you're looking for J! April Fools pranks, this is not the news you were looking for. Go to Facebook instead:
Jeopardy! on Facebook wrote:As part of Alex Trebek's contract renewal, we agreed to the audition of a "Vanna White" - type co-host. Sony is beginning auditions this week.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

User avatar
MDaunt
Weighed in the balance and found wanting
Posts: 724
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:04 pm

Re: Celebrity Jeopardy?

Post by MDaunt » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:27 am

Could he be worse than Wolf Blitzer or Soledad O'Brien?

User avatar
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 9417
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:37 am
Location: San Francisco

Re: Celebrity Jeopardy?

Post by MarkBarrett » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:57 am

Who to root for? That quarterback of that Green Bay team or Mr. Wonderful? I'm wearing a shirt with sharks on it when I watch that game. Hope Kevin gets off at least one, "You're dead to me" to Alex Trebek. Hope #12 has no occasion to use his "championship belt" move.

User avatar
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 9417
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:37 am
Location: San Francisco

Re: Celebrity Jeopardy?

Post by MarkBarrett » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:59 am

ihavejeoprosy wrote:
Cameras aren't allowed in the studio, so im pretty mad that the girl got to take those pics.
As a contestant guest I brought in my camera to the studio when I attended the Battle taping last year. The guards saw it when I put in on the table before going through the metal detector. I think the J! people were more concerned by the notepad and pen I had than the camera.

Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes
Posts: 9189
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:39 pm

Re: Celebrity Jeopardy?

Post by Bamaman » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:12 am

Oh great. A whole week of celebrities on Jeopardy while 10 deserving people get left out.

User avatar
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool
Posts: 1386
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:50 pm

Re: Celebrity Jeopardy?

Post by triviawayne » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:17 pm

Bamaman wrote:Oh great. A whole week of celebrities on Jeopardy while 10 deserving people get left out.
yeah, screw charity, they don't need the money/publicity...

I like the celebrity week, as long as they don't stoop to putting on a Kardashian or something like that, it's one week out of the year.
Total game show career losings = $171,522

User avatar
ihavejeoprosy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 1205
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:17 pm

Re: Celebrity Jeopardy?

Post by ihavejeoprosy » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:43 pm

triviawayne wrote:
Bamaman wrote:Oh great. A whole week of celebrities on Jeopardy while 10 deserving people get left out.
yeah, screw charity, they don't need the money/publicity...

I like the celebrity week, as long as they don't stoop to putting on a Kardashian or something like that, it's one week out of the year.
I agree. I'm a little intrigued to see how someone contemporary like Aaron Rodgers would do.
Please follow me on Twitter @Cinjeopardy
Total game show losings: $25 K

User avatar
jfrumkin
Jeopardy! Champion
Posts: 626
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:46 pm
Location: Germantown, MD

Re: Celebrity Jeopardy?

Post by jfrumkin » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:48 pm

ihavejeoprosy wrote:
triviawayne wrote:
Bamaman wrote:Oh great. A whole week of celebrities on Jeopardy while 10 deserving people get left out.
yeah, screw charity, they don't need the money/publicity...

I like the celebrity week, as long as they don't stoop to putting on a Kardashian or something like that, it's one week out of the year.
I agree. I'm a little intrigued to see how someone contemporary like Aaron Rodgers would do.
I'm fairly certain I've seen quotes in the past that Rodgers is a regular Jeopardy viewer. I like to pretend that a QB was rooting for me for once.
Twitter: @jfrumkin

Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes
Posts: 9189
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:39 pm

Re: Celebrity Jeopardy?

Post by Bamaman » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:51 pm

Yes, being anti-moronic celebrities I've never heard of acting like idiots on the show means I hate charities. I do know who Aaron Rodgers is but I really don't give a shit how he would do on the show.

I think for each TOC they should have every player designate a charity. Jeopardy! would then make a donation to that charity in each players' name based on how much they won.

User avatar
thejeopardyfan
(Unranked)
Posts: 861
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:37 am

Re: Celebrity Jeopardy?

Post by thejeopardyfan » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:10 pm

MarkBarrett wrote:Who to root for? That quarterback of that Green Bay team or Mr. Wonderful? I'm wearing a shirt with sharks on it when I watch that game. Hope Kevin gets off at least one, "You're dead to me" to Alex Trebek. Hope #12 has no occasion to use his "championship belt" move.
You saw a list of contestants? That's what I'm after.

User avatar
thejeopardyfan
(Unranked)
Posts: 861
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:37 am

Re: Celebrity Jeopardy?

Post by thejeopardyfan » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:14 pm

ihavejeoprosy wrote: Cameras aren't allowed in the studio, so im pretty mad that the girl got to take those pics.
The guy who favorited the tweet works for the show (which is why I follow him). The girl who tweeted it has the same last name, so I assume she has a connection to him.

User avatar
BigDaddyMatty
Save Me, Maggie!
Posts: 2808
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:05 am
Location: Wherever I May Roam
Contact:

Re: Celebrity Jeopardy?

Post by BigDaddyMatty » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:50 pm

I would pay to watch Cerulean vs. any two CJ! competitors.
Sprinkles are for winners.

User avatar
ihavejeoprosy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 1205
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:17 pm

Re: Celebrity Jeopardy?

Post by ihavejeoprosy » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:51 pm

thejeopardyfan wrote:
ihavejeoprosy wrote: Cameras aren't allowed in the studio, so im pretty mad that the girl got to take those pics.
The guy who favorited the tweet works for the show (which is why I follow him). The girl who tweeted it has the same last name, so I assume she has a connection to him.
Guess what? Her tweet's been deleted since TPTB may have let her know what she did wasn't allowed.
Anyway, it looks like this celeb tourney is happening. I'm kind of excited to see Rodgers and what he does.
Please follow me on Twitter @Cinjeopardy
Total game show losings: $25 K

Stanislaus Jacob
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 351
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:52 pm

Re: Celebrity Jeopardy?

Post by Stanislaus Jacob » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:03 pm

Bamaman wrote:Yes, being anti-moronic celebrities I've never heard of acting like idiots on the show means I hate charities. I do know who Aaron Rodgers is but I really don't give a shit how he would do on the show.

I think for each TOC they should have every player designate a charity. Jeopardy! would then make a donation to that charity in each players' name based on how much they won.
There have been a number of good celebrity players and even a few excellent ones. It is unfortunate that Celebrity Jeopardy replaces a week of qualified regular people, but I do not find the games themselves offensive to watch.

Post Reply