Celebrity Jeopardy?

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Re: Celebrity Jeopardy?

Post by opusthepenguin »

Stanislaus Jacob wrote:
Bamaman wrote:Yes, being anti-moronic celebrities I've never heard of acting like idiots on the show means I hate charities. I do know who Aaron Rodgers is but I really don't give a shit how he would do on the show.

I think for each TOC they should have every player designate a charity. Jeopardy! would then make a donation to that charity in each players' name based on how much they won.
There have been a number of good celebrity players and even a few excellent ones. It is unfortunate that Celebrity Jeopardy replaces a week of qualified regular people, but I do not find the games themselves offensive to watch.
We don't know that it replaces a week of regulars, do we? Maybe the show would just take an extra week off in summer. They already put in a long season. I've got no complaints.
thejeopardyfan
(Unranked)

Post by thejeopardyfan »

ihavejeoprosy wrote:
thejeopardyfan wrote:
ihavejeoprosy wrote: Cameras aren't allowed in the studio, so im pretty mad that the girl got to take those pics.
The guy who favorited the tweet works for the show (which is why I follow him). The girl who tweeted it has the same last name, so I assume she has a connection to him.
Guess what? Her tweet's been deleted since TPTB may have let her know what she did wasn't allowed.
Anyway, it looks like this celeb tourney is happening. I'm kind of excited to see Rodgers and what he does.
They never would've made it to the stage let alone take casual pictures there unless they were allowed. And I've seen staff family members take pictures up there before.
Stanislaus Jacob
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Stanislaus Jacob »

opusthepenguin wrote:
Stanislaus Jacob wrote:
Bamaman wrote:Yes, being anti-moronic celebrities I've never heard of acting like idiots on the show means I hate charities. I do know who Aaron Rodgers is but I really don't give a shit how he would do on the show.

I think for each TOC they should have every player designate a charity. Jeopardy! would then make a donation to that charity in each players' name based on how much they won.
There have been a number of good celebrity players and even a few excellent ones. It is unfortunate that Celebrity Jeopardy replaces a week of qualified regular people, but I do not find the games themselves offensive to watch.
We don't know that it replaces a week of regulars, do we? Maybe the show would just take an extra week off in summer. They already put in a long season. I've got no complaints.
Yes, I should have made that point as well.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

I'd prefer another week of reruns to the celebrity crap. I hope they have five shows where none of them make FJ. Oh, wait, they still get to play FJ even though the dumbasses don't deserve it because they give them money so we get to see their stupid faces for another segment. They let children run off stage crying if they don't make FJ, but God forbid some idiot celebrity gets their feelings hurt if they aren't on air the whole time.
ihavejeoprosy

Post by ihavejeoprosy »

Bamaman wrote:I'd prefer another week of reruns to the celebrity crap. I hope they have five shows where none of them make FJ. Oh, wait, they still get to play FJ even though the dumbasses don't deserve it because they give them money so we get to see their stupid faces for another segment. They let children run off stage crying if they don't make FJ, but God forbid some idiot celebrity gets their feelings hurt if they aren't on air the whole time.
In the words of future celebrity Jeopardy contestant Aaron Rodgers: R E L A X.

Its just fun and the money is going to a good cause. Ive enjoyed seeing people like Nancy Grace and Wolf Blitzer make fools of themselves and be pleasantly surprised by people like Andy Richter.

Just don't watch if its that offensive to you.
Please follow me on Twitter @Cinjeopardy
Total game show losings: $25 K
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

If it's here then it must be true: http://www.foxsports.com/wisconsin/stor ... may-040115

For 2015 with Memorial Day as early as can be the May sweeps period will be April 23 - May 20.

I don't know how many celeb games there will be or who else is playing. Perhaps this was the first one taped? Others will be done some other time and more information will hit social media. Could it be just 3 celeb games and J! will go back to that stunt of QF games Th, F, M-W for whatever tourney is upcoming?

I don't think it's any kind of celeb tourney and it will likely be separate games with the winner getting 50K for the charity. During sweeps it's special programming anyway, so there are always going to be games without regular players.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

I'll watch, I just wish they weren't on.
nightreign
#TeamAlsoRans

Post by nightreign »

thejeopardyfan wrote:
ihavejeoprosy wrote:
thejeopardyfan wrote:
ihavejeoprosy wrote: Cameras aren't allowed in the studio, so im pretty mad that the girl got to take those pics.
The guy who favorited the tweet works for the show (which is why I follow him). The girl who tweeted it has the same last name, so I assume she has a connection to him.
Guess what? Her tweet's been deleted since TPTB may have let her know what she did wasn't allowed.
Anyway, it looks like this celeb tourney is happening. I'm kind of excited to see Rodgers and what he does.
They never would've made it to the stage let alone take casual pictures there unless they were allowed. And I've seen staff family members take pictures up there before.
When I was on, most of the contestants and parents took pictures on stage after the taping. The producers didn't seem to care.
BobF

Post by BobF »

Not that anybody asked my opinion on this, but here goes: Without viewers there is no Jeopardy! If Celebrities can bring in more viewers, then in the long run, it benefits those of us who hope to be contestants.
Was once hugged by Maggie Speak!
GoodStrategy
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by GoodStrategy »

@MarkBarrett: My guess is they'll do the tournament* April 27-May 8 with a week of CJ! following. *I'm also guessing it will be College (with the teens playing at the end of the season like last year).
Peggles
Grand Exalted Queen of the Universe

Post by Peggles »

I actually enjoy CJ! I know the questions are dumbed down, but I enjoy seeing different sides of the celebrities. And they support good causes.
MDaunt
Weighed in the balance and found wanting

Post by MDaunt »

MarkBarrett wrote:
ihavejeoprosy wrote:
Cameras aren't allowed in the studio, so im pretty mad that the girl got to take those pics.
As a contestant guest I brought in my camera to the studio when I attended the Battle taping last year. The guards saw it when I put in on the table before going through the metal detector. I think the J! people were more concerned by the notepad and pen I had than the camera.
Metal detector? For the Jeopardy! studio audience?

It is possible to be too paranoid.
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

MDaunt wrote:Metal detector? For the Jeopardy! studio audience?

That's exactly what they want you to think.
kristinsausville
2015 TOC'er

Post by kristinsausville »

MDaunt wrote:
MarkBarrett wrote:
ihavejeoprosy wrote:
Cameras aren't allowed in the studio, so im pretty mad that the girl got to take those pics.
As a contestant guest I brought in my camera to the studio when I attended the Battle taping last year. The guards saw it when I put in on the table before going through the metal detector. I think the J! people were more concerned by the notepad and pen I had than the camera.

Contestants go through one too.
Follow me on Twitter: @ksausville
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

kristinsausville wrote:
MDaunt wrote:
MarkBarrett wrote:
ihavejeoprosy wrote:

Contestants go through one too.
You never know when a contestant will react badly to a judge's decision.
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman »

MDaunt wrote:Metal detector? For the Jeopardy! studio audience?

That's been standard procedure for TV show tapings for a long time -- going back at least to the 1990s.

Fans at all Major League Baseball games this year will have to go through metal detectors before entering the stadium -- I think that's the one that really sounds like something that would have been used as an aside in a dystopian-future novel in the 1970s. ("The SST flight was on time into La Guardia for once, and after a blessedly quick trip on the Richard Nixon Freeway, we arrived in Hackensack to find that the line for the metal detectors wrapped halfway around New Yankee Stadium. Nevertheless, we made it to our box seats and sat down just in time to stand back up for the National Anthem and loyalty oath...")
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

Bob Harris posted on FB that he coached Penn Jillette a bit, and that they taped today (Wednesday).
dougal18
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by dougal18 »

With the "you're famous so we can't get rid of you because of your minus score before FJ!" rule has any celeb managed to win when they shouldn't have?
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

dougal18 wrote:With the "you're famous so we can't get rid of you because of your minus score before FJ!" rule has any celeb managed to win when they shouldn't have?
Buzz Aldrin would have been a single player FJ under normal rules and still managed to lose the game.
thejeopardyfan
(Unranked)

Post by thejeopardyfan »

seaborgium wrote:Bob Harris posted on FB that he coached Penn Jillette a bit, and that they taped today (Wednesday).
Thank you. I wonder if this means we'll get two weeks of Celebrity Jeopardy!