Celebrity Jeopardy?

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

jeff6286
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Celebrity Jeopardy?

Post by jeff6286 »

From that one blurry shot I will throw in my predictions of Julia Mancuso, Jared Padalecki, and Terry Gross. The Terry definitely looks female to me, so I think it's not Terry Crews.
legendneverdies

Post by legendneverdies »

Rafferty Barnes wrote:Julia, Jared, and Terry. Is it Terry Crews? I just saw him on Sesame Street! He's on every show!
Looks to be a Caucasian next to the Terry podium from what I could glean. Don't know if J! would want a host of a competing syndicated show appearing on their celeb week(Pat Sajak has been on Celeb J!, but WOF almost never airs against J! if at all)
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Rafferty Barnes wrote:Julia, Jared, and Terry. Is it Terry Crews? I just saw him on Sesame Street! He's on every show!
Good eyes, you're right it's a Jared for the 2nd spot.

Jared Leto
Jared Padalecki
Wish it was Jared Harris
Jared Allen
Jared S. Gilmore
ihavejeoprosy

Post by ihavejeoprosy »

MarkBarrett wrote:
Good eyes, you're right it's a Jared for the 2nd spot.

Jared Leto
Jared Padalecki
Wish it was Jared Harris
Jared Allen
Jared S. Gilmore
You're missing the most important Jared, Mr. Fogle:

Please follow me on Twitter @Cinjeopardy
Total game show losings: $25 K
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Each time I watch it and depending on how fast I click pause I see different things at the :09 mark. For Terry it looks like white bare arms, so it could be a woman.

I think we've been fooled as that would be Terry O'Shea. Therefore the Jared is Hall and the Julia is you-know-who from the TOC semis. The one time we want a spoiler from a video, J! won't give us one. Hilarious.
jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

MarkBarrett wrote:Each time I watch it and depending on how fast I click pause I see different things at the :09 mark. For Terry it looks like white bare arms, so it could be a woman.

I think we've been fooled as that would be Terry O'Shea. Therefore the Jared is Hall and the Julia is you-know-who from the TOC semis. The one time we want a spoiler from a video, J! won't give us one. Hilarious.
Ha, good call, Mark! We've been duped!
Rafferty Barnes
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Rafferty Barnes »

Its like they know us!
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

I hadn't really been paying attention to this thread and hadn't watched the video, but I wondered why there was so much speculation going on. Usually the fine eyes around here know exactly who is in what shot.

So, maybe this will help:
Celebrity_Jeopardy!_Teaser (02).jpg
Celebrity_Jeopardy!_Teaser (02).jpg (28.52 KiB) Viewed 5243 times
There were exactly seven frames where the players were visible, but not much better than this.

Edit: Yup. It's a shot from November 17th, 2014. ToC semi-final game 1.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
legendneverdies

With the Celeb week now known to be from 5/11-5/15, I suspect the COllege tourney will be from 4/27-5/8. Doing it 5/18-5/29 puts it during Memorial Day time and largely out of Sweeps.
Rafferty Barnes
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Rafferty Barnes »

Announced on the webpage today: Kevin O'Leary, Aaron Rodgers, Ginger Zee, and Tom Kunzen lookalike Zachary Quinto.
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

And with a little clever URL manipulation we have tomorrow's reveals: Capt. Mark Kelly (astronaut) and Bellamy Young (actress on Scandal).
legendneverdies

Robert K S wrote:And with a little clever URL manipulation we have tomorrow's reveals: Capt. Mark Kelly (astronaut) and Bellamy Young (actress on Scandal).
Mark Kelly is the spouse of Gabrielle Giffords.
thejeopardyfan
(Unranked)

Post by thejeopardyfan »

Thanks, Megan. They have a loose definition of "celebrity."
okstater04
Jeopardy! Contestant

Post by okstater04 »

At the Daytime Emmys last year, Harry Friedman said, "Kathy, consider yourself invited!" to Kathy Griffin, saying she should be on Celebrity Jeopardy! Everyone knows she likes to be on TV as much as possible. She once did Rock and Roll Jeopardy!, if anyone remembers. I wonder if she'll be one of the contestants.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

okstater04 wrote:At the Daytime Emmys last year, Harry Friedman said, "Kathy, consider yourself invited!" to Kathy Griffin, saying she should be on Celebrity Jeopardy! Everyone knows she likes to be on TV as much as possible. She once did Rock and Roll Jeopardy!, if anyone remembers. I wonder if she'll be one of the contestants.
I'm glad they have such high standards in picking people who will be on the show.
okstater04
Jeopardy! Contestant

Post by okstater04 »

Bamaman wrote:
okstater04 wrote:At the Daytime Emmys last year, Harry Friedman said, "Kathy, consider yourself invited!" to Kathy Griffin, saying she should be on Celebrity Jeopardy! Everyone knows she likes to be on TV as much as possible. She once did Rock and Roll Jeopardy!, if anyone remembers. I wonder if she'll be one of the contestants.
I'm glad they have such high standards in picking people who will be on the show.
LOL. But who am I to talk? I watched her host the Daytime Emmys for goodness sakes.
ihavejeoprosy

Post by ihavejeoprosy »

okstater04 wrote:
Bamaman wrote:
LOL. But who am I to talk? I watched her host the Daytime Emmys for goodness sakes.
Shes funny and can make 20 minutes of good tv
Please follow me on Twitter @Cinjeopardy
Total game show losings: $25 K
DysonSphere

Post by DysonSphere »

Kevin O'Leary will be fun to watch. We'll see if he's as smart as he thinks he is on Shark Tank!

Never heard of the other celebrities so far, other than astronaut Mark Kelly.
clprez

Post by clprez »

Ginger Zee is the meteorologist for Good Morning America. She grew up here in the Grand Rapids area, and got married north of here in Michigan last summer.
BigDaddyMatty
Hoping not to get pruney this time

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

DysonSphere wrote:Kevin O'Leary will be fun to watch. We'll see if he's as smart as he thinks he is on Shark Tank!

Never heard of the other celebrities so far, other than astronaut Mark Kelly.
Aaron Rodgers is the quarterback of the Green Bay Packers. He is the reigning NFL MVP and the spokesman for State Farm Insurance. Zachary Quinto is an actor who, among other roles, played the villain Sylar on Heroes and Spock in the most recent set of Star Trek movies.
Sprinkles are for winners.