Tuesday, April 28, 2015 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

TenPoundHammer
Otters are meant to swim

Re: Tuesday, April 28, 2015 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by TenPoundHammer » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:01 pm

BigDaddyMatty wrote:
Winchell Factor wrote:Sabra is also a brand of hummus that you can buy in the grocery store. That might've gotten a person, if not to Israel, at least to the middle east.
That was my one connection to Sabra. I couldn't narrow it down any further and fully expected the correct response to be an Arabic country. I guess I don't think of Israel as "hummus country."
That reminds me of a comedy sketch from Tim Wilson. He said something about "hoo-moos" and an audience member shouted out "hummus". He then jokingly berated the audience member: "My wife's Israeli and makes it all the time. How much 'hoo-moos' have you had in your lifetime?!" I didn't know there were any outstanding brands of it, although I've eaten it some.

For the record, I saw Blues Brothers once like 12 years ago on a class trip to Virginia Beach. Also saw Shrek, to tie that back in to the Puss in Boots category.
Ten Pound Hammer

This space for rent

Silverfox
Don't Step on My Tail!

Post by Silverfox » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:28 pm

I went 5/5 in On the back of the bill. I collect coins and currency. Yet another category that needed to wait for my arrival!
Also 5/5 in Monty or Montgomery. Now I can't stop thinking about C. Montgomery Burns.
FJ-I went with Coneheads. It was the only film that I could come up with in 30 seconds.
Be alert. Stupid never takes a day off!

trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:27 am

Combining two things from this thread:

I first heard of the term "Sabra" thanks to SNL, in this 1992 sketch (sorry, that's the best video I can find online).