Online Sports Jeopardy Test May 19

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

TheyCallMeMrKid
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Re: Online Sports Jeopardy Test May 19

Post by TheyCallMeMrKid »

TerrHeel wrote:It took a couple tries, but I was able to get in on sportsjeopardy.com. Watching the countdown now.
Are they going to let you back on the show again? ;)
Sheepin' it real.

Lampy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Lampy »

Still won't work. They'll do a makeup probably right?

EDIT: Workaround was the check compatibility page.

eureka
Valued Contributor

Post by eureka »

I had to wait until someone was of the desktop to take the test. I thought five minutes was good enough. I couldn't connect at all, so I missed it. I did eventually try to go through Jeopardy.com and saw that I could have gone through that. I know I probably would have been lucky to get 5 right, but it would have been fun to try.

econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Whatever the cutoff was, I didn't make it. Too many silly mistakes.

amorris525
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by amorris525 »

I don't think I did quite good enough. I got probably all of the "easy" ones. But missed most of the harder ones.

jfrumkin
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by jfrumkin »

I know I blew a couple of them because I couldn't think in time, but that felt relatively easy to me. Tons that were fairly easily figured out rather than being straight trivia, which I know is Jeopardy-style but I remember online tests being more pure tests of knowledge.
Twitter: @jfrumkin

econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

What the heck was the two-word baseball term for deceiving something something?

jfrumkin
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by jfrumkin »

econgator wrote:What the heck was the two-word baseball term for deceiving something something?
Quick Pitch, I assume.
Twitter: @jfrumkin

jjwaymee

Post by jjwaymee »

econgator wrote:What the heck was the two-word baseball term for deceiving something something?
I clammed so hard on that one. Beats me.

econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

jfrumkin wrote:
Quick Pitch, I assume.
Been watching baseball for the better part of 50 years -- never heard that term before.

DadofTwins

Post by DadofTwins »

Well, that happened.

I'm curious what a passing score would be, because either they found every single wheelhouse in my brain or they're about to be inundated with scores in the mid to upper 20's.

ETA: I think Quick Pitch is right. I know I missed the Mayweather fight venue, and had to guess a couple others.

Upon further review: 29/30, with a handful of guesses, some luckier than others. What's weird is when I watch the show, I'm usually only get between half and 2/3.
Last edited by DadofTwins on Tue May 19, 2015 10:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

amorris525
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by amorris525 »

I said quick pitch. Not sure.

TheyCallMeMrKid

Post by TheyCallMeMrKid »

econgator wrote:Whatever the cutoff was, I didn't make it. Too many silly mistakes.
35/50 (the alleged cutoff for the J! test) corresponds to 21/30. I think I might have made that.

I had a couple where I changed my mind halfway through and didn't have enough time to retype.
Sheepin' it real.

gamawire

Post by gamawire »

econgator wrote:Whatever the cutoff was, I didn't make it. Too many silly mistakes.
If we go with the long-time assumed 35/50 as passing for a 50-question test, that would make 21 passing for this one - which, of course, I got nowhere near. But it was fun trying.
"It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing." -- Seneca

JK2010
Contributor

Post by JK2010 »

After a couple of failed attempts to log into the system through the Sports J! site, I managed to get a portal through the regular jeopardy.com. On the banner, in the portal, it said "sports jeopardy contestant test" or equivalent, but when the countdown ended, I got a regular J! test - 50 Qs, only the second Q was a sports one. Anyone else have this problem?

At least I think I did fairly well, probably low 40's. Still wouldn't get me an audition, though (I'd gotten >40 every year for the past 5 since my only audition and nary a peep).

sherder
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by sherder »

Sorry everyone, the computer I was using to get the recording is showing the contestant test from earlier this year, so no video for the Sports J! test. I took the test on my tablet and got the right one, but had no way to record it.

ETA: same problem as JK2010
Last edited by sherder on Tue May 19, 2015 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

gamawire wrote:
If we go with the long-time assumed 35/50 as passing for a 50-question test, that would make 21 passing for this one - which, of course, I got nowhere near. But it was fun trying.
I would guess I got 16-18.

TerrHeel
Sports Jeopardy! Champion

Post by TerrHeel »

I put "Quick Pitch" for that one, but I'm not sure if that's what they were looking for. I thought that was a pretty good test overall. Had a few super recent things that anyone paying attention lately would know, like the Mayweather Pacquiao venue and the A-Rod Willie Mays home run total. I couldn't think of the coach in Friday Night Lights, somehow blanked on the Olympic city (Athens), and I think that might be it, unless quick pitch was wrong.

pmoehrin

Post by pmoehrin »

Feel like I got at least two third's right.

Sucks if some people couldn't get on though. I was pretty upset last year when I signed up and didn't even get a chance to audition.

No such complaints from me this year, but feel bad for people that weren't able to get in which seems to be quite a bit. Its one thing to go down because you simply weren't good enough. Its another to not even get a chance.
Last edited by pmoehrin on Tue May 19, 2015 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HostWithTheMost
Valued Contributor

Post by HostWithTheMost »

Initial thoughts; Not optimistic. That was a tough test. I flat out didn't write anything for at least two of them, and the 44-year old father of 3 endorsing a product I've never heard of ... well, the answer ain't Derek Jeter.

I'm hopeful I got 25 right. Maybe bottomed out at 23, but I can't imagine getting higher than 26.

My biggest problem with getting on was forgetting that my username is all lowercase. Everything with the connection was peachy keen. I also went through the Jeopardy! website.