Online Sports Jeopardy Test May 19

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

clt013
J! and SJ! Pool Participant

Re: Online Sports Jeopardy Test May 19

Post by clt013 »

TheyCallMeMrKid wrote:Did anyone else receive an email that says "We noticed you did not complete your registration for the Sports Jeopardy! Online Test happening next Tuesday at 7pm PDT. In order to participate in the test, you will need to return to the site and complete your profile information, including your name and preferred audition city."

I thought I did that, but if I didn't, I can't figure out how to get back to that screen on the website. Help?
Yes - I got the same message after receiving a confirmation e-mail last week. Tried sending a message to the "help" address, but no response yet.
TerrHeel
Sports Jeopardy! Champion

Post by TerrHeel »

Don't worry Mr. Kid, I got the email and it freaked me out for a second, but I went back and searched my old emails and I had a confirmation that I was signed up. Pretty sure it was just a mistake. Check your emails and see if you got a confirmation when you signed up.
clprez
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by clprez »

TheyCallMeMrKid wrote:Did anyone else receive an email that says "We noticed you did not complete your registration for the Sports Jeopardy! Online Test happening next Tuesday at 7pm PDT. In order to participate in the test, you will need to return to the site and complete your profile information, including your name and preferred audition city."

I thought I did that, but if I didn't, I can't figure out how to get back to that screen on the website. Help?
Same thing happend to me.

I clicked on the link to register, and when I tried, it said that I had already registered.
JK2010
Contributor

Post by JK2010 »

Based on stories of cross-pollination on this board, we can assume that auditioning/appearing on Sports-J! does not affect eligibility for regular J!?
jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

Any word from the honorable sherder on if she will be making a video of this test?
clprez

Post by clprez »

clprez wrote:

I clicked on the link to register, and when I tried, it said that I had already registered.
I guess I'm okay now because I got an email that said I can take the test any time after 6PM PDT.

I wonder how they're making sure people don't cheat since people can take it at different times. Must at least be multiple versions of the test.
jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

clprez wrote:
clprez wrote:

I guess I'm okay now because I got an email that said I can take the test any time after 6PM PDT.

I wonder how they're making sure people don't cheat since people can take it at different times. Must at least be multiple versions of the test.
I think you may be misreading, I found a screen on the registration page that says you can login any time after 6 Pacific. You should double check that email. It is pretty likely that everyone is taking the test at the same time, at 7 Pacific.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

jeff6286 wrote:
clprez wrote:
clprez wrote:

I think you may be misreading, I found a screen on the registration page that says you can login any time after 6 Pacific. You should double check that email. It is pretty likely that everyone is taking the test at the same time, at 7 Pacific.
From the website:

There is only one chance to take the Sports Jeopardy! Online Test.
May 19th, 2015 at 7:00PM PDT
clprez

Post by clprez »

jeff6286 wrote:
clprez wrote:
clprez wrote:

Thank You for posting that. Good thing I posted my errant thoughts. The web site does indicate 7PM, but my email just says anytime after 6PM. Obviously they're saying I can log in up to an hour before hand.
sherder
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by sherder »

jeff6286 wrote:Any word from the honorable sherder on if she will be making a video of this test?
I will make one! I was just putting a reminder on my calendar when I popped over here to get caught up on the latest..
Spiny Norman
Valued Contributor

Post by Spiny Norman »

JK2010 wrote:Based on stories of cross-pollination on this board, we can assume that auditioning/appearing on Sports-J! does not affect eligibility for regular J!?
When I took the test and auditioned last year, we were told very clearly that you CAN be on both regular J! and Sports J! In fact, nearly all of the 24 people who passed the Sports J test at my session had either already appeared on J! or had auditioned for the show. Maggie seemed to recognize almost everyone.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Of course, if you can't actually connect to the website ...
Carpe Diem
Boardeh

Post by Carpe Diem »

sherder wrote:
jeff6286 wrote:Any word from the honorable sherder on if she will be making a video of this test?
I will make one! I was just putting a reminder on my calendar when I popped over here to get caught up on the latest..
Thanks! :)
TerrHeel

Post by TerrHeel »

Good luck to everyone taking the test in a little bit!
jjwaymee

Post by jjwaymee »

It's not even 9:40 and the webpage is loading at a snail's pace. I smell a hot mess on the horizon...
TheyCallMeMrKid
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by TheyCallMeMrKid »

econgator wrote:Of course, if you can't actually connect to the website ...
Had problem going to www.sportsjeopardy.com, too.

Try going through www.jeopardy.com
Sheepin' it real.
clprez

Post by clprez »

I'm unable to connect. They should have known how many people would be taking the test from the registration.
jjwaymee

Post by jjwaymee »

TheyCallMeMrKid wrote:
econgator wrote:Of course, if you can't actually connect to the website ...
Had problem going to http://www.sportsjeopardy.com, too.

Try going through http://www.jeopardy.com
THANK YOU! This works like a charm.
clprez

Post by clprez »

Well, I was able to connect by clicking links on jeopardy.com. sportsjeopardy.com was failing.
TerrHeel

Post by TerrHeel »

It took a couple tries, but I was able to get in on sportsjeopardy.com. Watching the countdown now.