TD 246: Back To School (Final Standings Posted)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

TD 246: Back To School (Final Standings Posted)

Post by barandall800 »

Welcome to TD 246, "Back To School"! School may have ended in many places for the summer, but we can fit a few more classes in...

This Think Different game is based on a concept previously done by both lieph82 and Tigershark, in TDs 228 and 230 respectively, though I have added a few little twists of my own on the format that hopefully make things more interesting. All of the questions are based not on general subjects, but on the 12 classes I took this past academic year here at Brigham Young University. (For the record, we've been out of school for a while...our winter semester ended in mid-April. :D)

It's a rather excellent place, if I do say so myself. Now, onto the rules for our time in school:

1. Your goal, as always, is to supply the least popular correct answer to each question.
2. Correct answers receive a score of the number of people who gave that response for the question.
3. Incorrect answers receive a score of 5 plus the SHEEP (most popular) response.
4. Scores are additive and the lowest cumulative score wins.
5. You may DROP one question, which means you receive a score of 0 for that question.
6. You may also AUDIT one question. Using the AUDIT option will give you a score of the number of people who also AUDITED the question (thus, it functions as a correct answer).
7. Use of these options is not required. There is no bonus provided for those who do not use these options.
8. There are occasional EXTRA CREDIT opportunities (bonus questions). You may answer these questions even if you DROPPED or AUDITED the question they are attached to. There is no penalty for an incorrect guess.
9. Make sure to include the letter for all questions that require a letter, or your answer will be counted as incorrect. (ALL of the letter-option questions require a letter.)
10. As always, no intentional outside research or cheating is allowed. Use only your brains.
11. DO NOT POST answers in this thread, nor post any comment that would give away an answer. Feel free to send me a PM if you need any clarifications that would give away an answer. I will be posting all of them relevant for everyone below.
12. In case I need you to clarify something, please do not check your answers until I have acknowledged your entry and sent you a PM of your responses.
13. Ties will be broken based on order of entry. I will be basing this order on the timestamp from filling out the Google form; however, I must confirm your entry before I put you on the entry list and you are officially in the game.

Submissions are due by Monday, June 8, at 4 PM MDT. No late work will be accepted after I have declared submissions closed and the reveal is set to begin.

Please submit your responses using this Google form. Make sure to send me a PM afterwards with your response to Question 1, and I will reply with acknowledgement of your entry, and a list of your responses.
Last edited by barandall800 on Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:32 pm, edited 9 times in total.
barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

Class Catalog (The Questions)

Post by barandall800 »

Part I: Fall Semester

1. Physical Science (PHY S 100)
The professor I had for Physical Science specialized in geology, and his already very high level of enthusiasm for the material skyrocketed when we got to that unit near the end of the semester. Name a currently recognized geologic period that occurred during the Cenozoic, Mesozoic, or Paleozoic Eras. (12 responses)

2. University Chorale (MUSIC 311R)
In 2007, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir released “Showtime! Music of Broadway and Hollywood,” featuring 15 songs from well-known musicals and films. Name the musical/film from which one of the songs below originates. Please include the letter of your choice. (14)

A. “When You Wish Upon A Star”
B. “Who Will Buy?”, “Where Is Love?”
C. “Not While I’m Around”
D. “Sunrise, Sunset”
E. “Bring Him Home”
F. “Hymn To The Fallen”
G. “You’ll Never Walk Alone”
H. “Never Never Land”
I. “Come To My Garden”
J. “Over The Rainbow”
K. “Fill The World With Love”
L. “The Impossible Dream”
M. “In Dreams”
N. “The Circle of Life”

3. Doctrine & Covenants (REL C 324)
The Doctrine and Covenants, a collection of revelations, is colloquially abbreviated by Mormons as “D&C.” (Yes, I know, there’s an unfortunate coincidence regarding that abbreviation…) Name what one of the following well-known abbreviations/acronyms stands for. Please include the letter of your choice. (13)

A. S&P 500
B. NAFTA
C. POTUS
D. TLC (the TV network)
E. HuffPo
F. ASCAP
G. LAN
H. A&W
I. Ofcom
J. ASPCA
K. ESPN
L. NAACP
M. MGM

4. Global Church 1900-Present (REL C 343)
In this class we learned about the history of the LDS Church in the 20th and 21st Century. Name one of the following famous members described here of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, also known as Mormons. Please include the letter of your choice. (13)

A. Politician who served as Governor of Massachusetts and made two runs for the Republican nomination for President
B. Retired NFL quarterback who played for the 49ers and Buccaneers and is a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame; named MVP in 1992, 1994, and the 1995 Super Bowl
C. Legendary R&B/soul/gospel singer whose hits include “Midnight Train To Georgia” and “Licence To Kill"
D. Fantasy/science fiction author whose works include the Mistborn series; was selected to complete Robert Jordan’s series The Wheel of Time
E. Australian professional snowboarder who earned the gold medal at the 2010 Olympics and the silver medal at the 2014 Olympics for women’s halfpipe
F. Actor known for his roles in “Napoleon Dynamite” and “Blades of Glory”
G. Illustrator best known for his work on Lemony Snicket’s books A Series of Unfortunate Events
H. Pop/hip-hop violinist who got her start on "America’s Got Talent" and YouTube; one of her most recent collaborations was with Josh Groban & the Muppets
I. Businessman and philanthropist known as the founder of the chemical corporation that bears his name; his son served as Utah governor and as U.S. ambassador to Singapore and China
J. Journalist and author who served as Bryant Gumbel’s co-anchor on the now-defunct CBS morning program "The Early Show" from 1999 to 2002; later left the news business to concentrate on motherhood
K. “Super” retired rugby union player who played for the New Zealand All Blacks from 1967 to 1977
L. Author and trivia enthusiast who holds game show-related winnings records; currently runs the Slate news quiz
M. Musician who is the lead singer of rock band The Killers; his solo albums include Flamingo and The Desired Effect

5. 3rd Year Spanish Reading, Grammar, and Culture (SPAN 321)
I’ll take the easy way out (hopefully for all involved) and repeat a question from my previous TD game, but with different choices. Name the English translation for one of the following Spanish infinitives. Please include the letter of your choice. (12)

A. llorar
B. besar
C. vomitar
D. sufrir
E. susurrar
F. llover
G. decir
H. cocinar
I. vender
J. mentir
K. nadar
L. escuchar

6. Songwriting 1 (MUSIC 186)
Name one of the following famous songwriters or songwriting duos based on a few examples of songs they have written or co-written. Please include the letter of your choice. (14)

A. “The Loco-Motion,” “Up On The Roof,” “Pleasant Valley Sunday” (Duo)
B. “Chandelier,” “Pretty Hurts,” “Diamonds” (Individual)
C. “Stardust,” “Georgia On My Mind,” “The Nearness of You” (Individual)
D. “Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now,” “There You’ll Be,” “I Don’t Wanna Miss A Thing” (Individual)
E. “My Funny Valentine,” “People Will Say We’re In Love,” “The Lady Is A Tramp” (Individual)
F. “The Girl From Ipanema,” “Waters of March,” “How Insensitive” (Individual)
G. “Philadelphia Freedom,” “Daniel,” “Your Song” (Duo)
H. “Alexander’s Ragtime Band,” “There’s No Business Like Show Business,” “White Christmas” (Individual)
I. “The Look of Love,” “Walk On By,” “What’s New, Pussycat?” (Individual)
J. “I Got Rhythm,” “Embraceable You,” “Oh, Lady Be Good!” (Duo)
K. “Yakety Yak,” “Jailhouse Rock,” “Stand By Me” (Duo)
L. “Hallelujah,” “Bird on the Wire,” “Blue Alert” (Individual)
M. “Feed The Birds,” “Let’s Get Together,” “Your Heart Will Lead You Home” (Duo)
N. “A Day In The Life,” “Baby, You’re A Rich Man,” “She’s Leaving Home” (Duo)

Part II: Winter Semester

7. Intro to English Studies (ENG 251)
One of the texts we used for this class was The Oxford Book of American Short Stories, featuring works from many well-known and/or acclaimed authors. Name the author of one of the following short stories included in The Oxford Book of American Short Stories. Please include the letter of your choice. (14)

A. “The Lottery” (1948)
B. “The Paradise of Bachelors and the Tartarus of Maids” (1855)
C. “Good People” (2007)
D. “There Will Come Soft Rains” (1950)
E. “The Yellow Wallpaper” (1892)
F. “Hills Like White Elephants” (1927)
G. “The Storm” (1898)
H. “Fleur” (1986)
I. “That Evening Sun” (1931)
J. “The Tell-Tale Heart” (1843)
K. “A Late Encounter with the Enemy” (1955)
L. “Cannibalism In The Cars” (1868)
M. “My Son The Murderer” (1968)
N. “Rip Van Winkle” (1819)

EXTRA CREDIT (-1 point): Two other key texts we used last semester in the class were the poetry collections Native Guard and Thrall, both by the same poet, a U.S. Poet Laureate. Name the poet. (There is no penalty for an incorrect guess.)

8. New Testament (REL A 212)
Name one of the books in the King James Version of the New Testament, besides those commonly recognized as the Four Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John). (23)

9. Principles of Biology (BIO 100)
Name one of the following (10):
--One of the eight taxonomic ranks
--The individual credited with developing those ranks
--The title of his landmark work first published in 1735 that helped establish those ranks

10. Men’s Chorus (MUSIC 312R)
At our concert this past semester, we sang a selection of songs from a well-known DreamWorks animated movie. Name a DreamWorks Animation full-length feature film that has been nominated for an Academy Award. (12)

EXTRA CREDIT (-1 point): Name one of the three films that won. (There is no penalty for an incorrect guess.)

11. Basic Organ Skills (MUSIC 115)
A common baseball stadium feature is the organ. Name the professional major league baseball team that calls one of the following stadiums its current regular-season home. Please include the letter of your choice. (13)

A. Chase Field
B. Busch Stadium
C. Safeco Field
D. AT&T Park
E. Rogers Centre
F. Miller Park
G. Citi Field
H. O.co Coliseum
I. Minute Maid Park
J. Progressive Field
K. Great American Ball Park
L. Kauffman Stadium
M. Target Field

12. Contemporary Voice (MUSIC 160)
Name the singer who performed one of the following songs recently on the Billboard Hot 100 (taken from the week of January 10, 2015, the first week of winter semester). (13)

A. “Shake It Off”
B. “Take Me To Church”
C. “All About That Bass”
D. “I’m Not The Only One”
E. “Thinking Out Loud”
F. “Riptide”
G. “Something In The Water”
H. “Earned It (Fifty Shades of Grey)”
I. “Jealous”
J. “Ghost”
K. “Uptown Funk”
L. “The Heart Wants What It Wants”
M. “Habits (Stay High)”

13. Choose one of the previously mentioned classes to “enroll” in. (12)
(You may of course use any rationale for your decision...your favorite subject; the one that looks the most interesting; what you think will sheep the least; etc. For your convenience the class descriptions from the university catalog or elsewhere are included here.)
Spoiler
Physical Science: Conceptual lectures and demonstrations of the most significant and universal laws and models describing the physical world by faculty from the Physics and Astronomy, Chemistry and Biochemistry, and Geology departments.

University Chorale: Mixed, unauditioned choir, singing literature from various styles of choral music.

Doctrine & Covenants: Origin, content, and teachings of the Doctrine and Covenants.

Global Church 1900-Present: The LDS Church in the twentieth and twenty-first centuries, international expansion, significant developments of LDS Church programs and structure, the LDS Church during wartime, the world-wide spread of temples.

3rd Year Spanish Reading, Grammar, and Culture: Intensive study and practice with Spanish grammar, vocabulary, and writings incorporating cultural and literary readings.

Songwriting 1: Songwriting for present-day music publishing industry; basic songwriting theory; form, content, and style.

Intro to English Studies: Introduction to the discipline of English studies, including the fundamental concepts and practice of literary analysis and critical theory.

New Testament: Historical background, narrative, and doctrines of the New Testament.

Principles of Biology: Introductory biology course for general education students.

Men's Chorus: Largest collegiate male choral organization in the U.S; known for versatile choral literature and an engaging performance style. (Sorry this sounds like an ad... :))

Basic Organ Skills: Class instruction in organ for nonmusic majors.

Contemporary Voice: Private or semiprivate vocal instruction. One to two hours of daily practice.
Last edited by barandall800 on Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

Re: TD 246: Back To School

Post by barandall800 »

List of entries received and confirmed:
Spoiler
1. nightreign
2. BigDaddyMatty
3. dnbguy
4. 9021amyers
5. ElendilPickle
6. gamawire
7. ZachTheRiah
8. Magna
9. Blue Lion
10. Abraxas
11. Paulsaysthought
12. immaf
13. Lampy
14. nklotz
15. brick
16. mahatma
17. MarkBarrett
18. clprez
19. Lars
20. Realdeo
21. brainpower
22. dott888
23. Ryno
24. squizzle
25. ouachiouat
26. Peggles
27. Rackme32
28. econgator
29. DCrawshawJr
30. patkav
31. Vermonter
32. jgamer
33. Woppy T
34. Benkins
35. Linear Gnome
36. sarisson
37. coolcah36
38. Bamaman
39. Lumosityfan
40. Tigershark
41. Peachbox
42. mennoknight
43. RandyG
44. goatman
45. MitchO
46. tjconn728
47. PowerofHoodoo
48. dragonscale333
49. Woof
Clarifications (please read!)
1. Recognized alternate names will be accepted. (The source I am using is Wikipedia, though I will research any unexpected responses I receive to see if I can find a reliable source to support them and not mark them as incorrect.) Any alternate names for a period will not be counted as separate answers.
6. One or more of the options requiring an individual rather than a duo may include a songwriter who has been part of more than one well-known songwriting pair. Keep in mind that I am looking for the individual in common for all three examples given. Example: Say I've listed two songs written by Collins/Chu, and one written by Collins/Ingram. I'm not looking for Ingram or Chu, I'm looking for Collins. (This also applies for songs listed that are co-writes with other writers.)
7. The year included in parentheses is the year of publication, except in cases where stories were published posthumously. In this case I put the year it was written. In any event, keep in mind that the year is meant to best help you identify the response, not serve as negbait.
8. Books titled by the same author will be counted as separate responses (for example, "1 Rutter" and "2 Rutter" would be separate).
Last edited by barandall800 on Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:37 pm, edited 22 times in total.
immaf
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Re: TD 246: Back To School (Questions Now Posted)

Post by immaf »

For #6, when you say "songwriter" do you mean the composer, the lyricist, or sometimes ones, sometimes the other?
Teems with quiet fun.
barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by barandall800 »

immaf wrote:For #6, when you say "songwriter" do you mean the composer, the lyricist, or sometimes ones, sometimes the other?
Sometimes one, sometimes the other, sometimes both in the case of a duo.
barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by barandall800 »

A little bump. 17 entries in and confirmed so far! :)
barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by barandall800 »

Bumpety bump. A little less than 72 hours to go, and we're up to 26 entries! Still plenty of singletons and unclaimed responses available. :D
barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

Re: TD 246: Back To School (Deadline Monday 6/8 @ 4PM MDT)

Post by barandall800 »

A bit more than 24 hours to get your entries in! We're up to 35 now...let's see if we can get some more. Yes, there are STILL various singletons & unused answers available...you can still make it to the top of the class! :D
goatman
Man Who Stares At Goats!

Post by goatman »

Workin' on an entry but getting to #13 totally unclear what you're asking; "to enroll in" one of the other 12? Is this an essay? I don't do essays!
The corridors of my mind are plastered with 3M Post-It notes!
barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by barandall800 »

goatman wrote:Workin' on an entry but getting to #13 totally unclear what you're asking; "to enroll in" one of the other 12? Is this an essay? I don't do essays!
It just needs to be 5 pages long... :D

No, it means to choose one of the classes as your answer. :)
goatman
Man Who Stares At Goats!

Post by goatman »

barandall800 wrote:
goatman wrote:Workin' on an entry but getting to #13 totally unclear what you're asking; "to enroll in" one of the other 12? Is this an essay? I don't do essays!
It just needs to be 5 pages long... :D

No, it means to choose one of the classes as your answer. :)
Okay but I still don't get it, whatevah! :?
The corridors of my mind are plastered with 3M Post-It notes!
Vermonter
2003 College Champion

Post by Vermonter »

goatman wrote:
barandall800 wrote:No, it means to choose one of the classes as your answer. :)
Okay but I still don't get it, whatevah! :?
It's basically just "pick a number that you don't think other people will pick"
Hate bad wagering? Me too. Join me at The Final Wager.
barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by barandall800 »

One final bump. About 20 minutes left to submit! This is your chance...we have 49 entries, and you could be the 50th! :D
barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by barandall800 »

The entry period is now closed. Thanks to all 49 of you who have entered! I plan to begin the reveal within the next hour or two. Stay tuned!
nightreign
#TeamAlsoRans

Re: TD 246: Back To School (ENTRIES CLOSED; Reveal to begin soon)

Post by nightreign »

I feel like my answers were fairly obscure on that one. Then again, everyone else's probably were, too. I'm just hoping for a top half finish.
barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

Re: TD 246: Back To School (ENTRIES CLOSED; Reveal to begin soon)

Post by barandall800 »

And we're finally ready to begin! Sorry I took a bit...I am using Vermonter's TD Tracker for the first time, a decision which I made a bit more recently than I would have liked, and had to get everything set up. It should be a pretty well-oiled machine from here on out. (Emphasis on should. :D)

1. Physical Science (PHY S 100)
Name a currently recognized geologic period that occurred during the Cenozoic, Mesozoic, or Paleozoic Eras.

Not a big surprise for the sheep here. Some of you had some nice gets. Like I noted in the clarifications, the alternate names I received (there was only one, Holocene) weren't counted as separate responses.

This class was by far my least favorite, subject-wise. I actually had to retake it this year because I failed it the first time. However, as I noted, our professor had tons of energy and was absolutely hilarious. (At the midpoint of each class period, we had "joke time" where he told us a joke, and/or someone in the class told a joke. He did this without fail, not pulling the old "in a minute" excuse.) Plus he explained things much better than the first professor I had years ago. :)

JURASSIC – 11 responses
Bamaman
Benkins
brainpower
ElendilPickle
Lars
MarkBarrett
nightreign
ouachiouat
Ryno
squizzle
ZachTheRiah

CRETACEOUS – 8 responses
Blue Lion
clprez
Linear Gnome
mahatma
MitchO
Rackme32
sarisson
Vermonter

TRIASSIC – 5 responses
coolcah36
dnbguy
mennoknight
nklotz
Tigershark

DEVONIAN – 3 responses
Abraxas
immaf
Magna

QUATERNARY (AKA Pleistocene or Holocene) – 3 responses
goatman
Lampy
Peachbox

AUDIT – 2 responses
DCrawshawJr
gamawire

CAMBRIAN – 2 responses
econgator
Peggles

SILURIAN – 2 responses
Lumosityfan
Woof

PERMIAN – Singleton!
RandyG

DROP – 0 points
9021amyers
BigDaddyMatty
brick
dott888
dragonscale333
jgamer
patkav
Paulsaysthought
PowerofHoodoo
tjconn728
Woppy T

INCORRECT - 16 points
Realdeo (Silver Age)

Unused correct answers
Neogene (Miocene/Pliocene)
Paleogene (Paleocene/Eocene/Oligocene)
Carboniferous
Ordovician
barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

Re: TD 246: Back To School (ENTRIES CLOSED; Reveal in progress)

Post by barandall800 »

Scores after question 1

1. 9021amyers — 0 pts
1. BigDaddyMatty — 0 pts
1. brick — 0 pts
1. dott888 — 0 pts
1. dragonscale333 — 0 pts
1. jgamer — 0 pts
1. patkav — 0 pts
1. Paulsaysthought — 0 pts
1. PowerofHoodoo — 0 pts
1. tjconn728 — 0 pts
1. Woppy T — 0 pts
12. RandyG — 1 pts
13. DCrawshawJr — 2 pts
13. gamawire — 2 pts
13. econgator — 2 pts
13. Peggles — 2 pts
13. Lumosityfan — 2 pts
13. Woof — 2 pts
19. Abraxas — 3 pts
19. immaf — 3 pts
19. Magna — 3 pts
19. goatman — 3 pts
19. Lampy — 3 pts
19. Peachbox — 3 pts
25. coolcah36 — 5 pts
25. dnbguy — 5 pts
25. mennoknight — 5 pts
25. nklotz — 5 pts
25. Tigershark — 5 pts
30. Blue Lion — 8 pts
30. clprez — 8 pts
30. Linear Gnome — 8 pts
30. mahatma — 8 pts
30. MitchO — 8 pts
30. Rackme32 — 8 pts
30. sarisson — 8 pts
30. Vermonter — 8 pts
38. Bamaman — 11 pts
38. Benkins — 11 pts
38. brainpower — 11 pts
38. ElendilPickle — 11 pts
38. Lars — 11 pts
38. MarkBarrett — 11 pts
38. nightreign — 11 pts
38. ouachiouat — 11 pts
38. Ryno — 11 pts
38. squizzle — 11 pts
38. ZachTheRiah — 11 pts
49. Realdeo — 16 pts

More reveal coming later tonight!
9021amyers
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: TD 246: Back To School (ENTRIES CLOSED; Reveal in progress)

Post by 9021amyers »

I'm in the lead, and I only had to wuss my way out of the first question!
barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

Re: TD 246: Back To School (Reveal in progress)

Post by barandall800 »

Our day of classes continues...

2. University Chorale (MUSIC 311R)
Name the musical/film from which one of the songs below originates.

These were the choices, to remind everyone:
A. “When You Wish Upon A Star”
B. “Who Will Buy?”, “Where Is Love?”
C. “Not While I’m Around”
D. “Sunrise, Sunset”
E. “Bring Him Home”
F. “Hymn To The Fallen”
G. “You’ll Never Walk Alone”
H. “Never Never Land”
I. “Come To My Garden”
J. “Over The Rainbow”
K. “Fill The World With Love”
L. “The Impossible Dream”
M. “In Dreams”
N. “The Circle of Life”

Some of the unused answers and singletons/doubletons definitely surprised me a bit here. (I sense a lot of reverse psychology happened with "Les Miserables.") Only one DROP and one AUDIT used here...you all seemed pretty confident in your musical-related knowledge.

D. FIDDLER ON THE ROOF – 8 responses
Benkins
gamawire
MarkBarrett
nklotz
ouachiouat
patkav
Paulsaysthought
RandyG

B. OLIVER! – 6 responses
clprez
immaf
Magna
nightreign
Rackme32
Woof

J. THE WIZARD OF OZ – 6 responses
9021amyers
Bamaman
brainpower
DCrawshawJr
Lumosityfan
Ryno

N. THE LION KING – 6 responses
BigDaddyMatty
Blue Lion
coolcah36
mennoknight
tjconn728
Vermonter

G. CAROUSEL – 5 responses
Abraxas
Lampy
Lars
Linear Gnome
Peggles

A. PINOCCHIO – 3 responses
econgator
mahatma
ZachTheRiah

I. THE SECRET GARDEN – 3 responses
dnbguy
ElendilPickle
Tigershark

H. PETER PAN – 2 responses
dragonscale333
MitchO

K. GOODBYE, MR. CHIPS – 2 responses
jgamer
PowerofHoodoo

L. THE MAN OF LA MANCHA – 2 responses
Peachbox
sarisson

AUDIT – Singleton!
dott888

M. BLUE VELVET* – Singleton!
goatman

M. THE LORD OF THE RINGS: FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING – Singleton!
squizzle

DROP – 0 points
Realdeo

INCORRECT - 13 points
Woppy T (A. Cinderella)
brick (L. The Sound of Music)

Unused correct answers
C. Sweeney Todd
E. Les Miserables
F. Saving Private Ryan

*A note on the ruling for Blue Velvet: I was very surprised to receive that response, as the intended answer was of course The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring, but I looked it up, and there is indeed a song called "In Dreams" from the film Blue Velvet. Now, you probably wouldn't see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sing it anytime soon, but the question was to identify the musical/film from which the song originated, with me just giving the title and nothing more, and there wasn't any wording that would disqualify Blue Velvet, so there you go.
barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

Re: TD 246: Back To School (Reveal in progress)

Post by barandall800 »

Scores after question 2

1. dott888 — 1 pts
2. dragonscale333 — 2 pts
2. jgamer — 2 pts
2. PowerofHoodoo — 2 pts
5. goatman — 4 pts
6. econgator — 5 pts
6. Peachbox — 5 pts
8. 9021amyers — 6 pts
8. BigDaddyMatty — 6 pts
8. tjconn728 — 6 pts
11. Peggles — 7 pts
12. patkav — 8 pts
12. Paulsaysthought — 8 pts
12. Woof — 8 pts
12. DCrawshawJr — 8 pts
12. Lumosityfan — 8 pts
12. Abraxas — 8 pts
12. Lampy — 8 pts
12. dnbguy — 8 pts
12. Tigershark — 8 pts
21. RandyG — 9 pts
21. immaf — 9 pts
21. Magna — 9 pts
24. gamawire — 10 pts
24. MitchO — 10 pts
24. sarisson — 10 pts
27. coolcah36 — 11 pts
27. mennoknight — 11 pts
27. mahatma — 11 pts
30. squizzle — 12 pts
31. Woppy T — 13 pts
31. brick — 13 pts
31. nklotz — 13 pts
31. Linear Gnome — 13 pts
35. clprez — 14 pts
35. Rackme32 — 14 pts
35. Blue Lion — 14 pts
35. Vermonter — 14 pts
35. ZachTheRiah — 14 pts
35. ElendilPickle — 14 pts
41. Lars — 16 pts
41. Realdeo — 16 pts
43. nightreign — 17 pts
43. Bamaman — 17 pts
43. brainpower — 17 pts
43. Ryno — 17 pts
47. Benkins — 19 pts
47. MarkBarrett — 19 pts
47. ouachiouat — 19 pts

After an 11-way tie for the lead after the first question, here we find ourselves with a lone leader. But with the scores very close and 11 more questions to go, anything could happen...