What celebrity would you most like to see give a clue?

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Samer
Valued Contributor

Re: What celebrity would you most like to see give a clue?

Post by Samer »

pinkfreud wrote:I nominate Tom Baker, Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant, and/or Matt Smith. Dunno what the clue should be, but the response, in the form of a question, would be "Who?"
FTW. :)

Personally, I would love to see Bill Belichick or Wes Welker do an entire category.

[Granted, it's an acquired taste, but they do remarkable deadpans.]
John Boy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: What celebrity would you most like to see give a clue?

Post by John Boy »

Samer wrote:
Personally, I would love to see Bill Belichick or Wes Welker do an entire category.

[Granted, it's an acquired taste, but they do remarkable deadpans.]
In Belichick's case, of course, it's not an act. I recall when he was still coaching in Cleveland and was asked in a press conference about the "seven defensive backs" on the Browns roster at the time. A writer in the audience described his reaction, saying Bill looked as if he were "experiencing the agonies of the damned" for an interminable moment, as if he had been asked the most insoluble question a coach could ever field. He finally muttered, "Eight. We have eight DBs."

No matter what Belichick ever said, it always looked as if he were coming forward to reveal his terminal cancer diagnosis to the world. Not exactly a good-time charlie.

But yeah, he does win. I'll give him that. At least he does now that he's left Cleveland.