Friday, June 19, 2015 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

jeff6286
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Friday, June 19, 2015 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by jeff6286 »

mennoknight wrote:If I interpret correctly, the judges were just doing their normal end of round judgy thing. They advanced it a clue because it wasn't a normal last clue, it was a DD which required betting, and I believe this is standard practice.
So are you saying that any time a daily double is hit on the 30th clue of a round, there is going to be a five or so minute break before the contestant makes their wager? This seems like something we would have heard about before if it is Standard practice.
willwoodlen
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by willwoodlen »

dhkendall wrote:Damn, didn't think of asking Mark to put it in the poll until it was too late, but I'm wondering did anyone else get the TS "Royal Fireworks" clue?

Slow to reply, but I got this, too. Classical music is not a strong category for me, but I have this on an old album.
Sage on the Hudson
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Grim, grimmer, grimace

Post by Sage on the Hudson »

JayK33 wrote:I am sad to have missed tonight's FJ as well. My answer was a dumb one, as the person I said the name of lived in the 1700s. So I was way off.

Congrats to Brennan for running the week. Looking forward to seeing him play on Monday.
I'm not; I'm getting rather irked by that odd, lip-less grimace of his.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Re: Grim, grimmer, grimace

Post by dhkendall »

Sage on the Hudson wrote:
JayK33 wrote:I am sad to have missed tonight's FJ as well. My answer was a dumb one, as the person I said the name of lived in the 1700s. So I was way off.

Congrats to Brennan for running the week. Looking forward to seeing him play on Monday.
I'm not; I'm getting rather irked by that odd, lip-less grimace of his.
Well, I don't like the way you look either!
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
Carpe Diem
Boardeh

Post by Carpe Diem »

omgwheelhouse wrote:Well, a lot of big talk about how bad the season was, and how 4 wins was a lock for the TOC and even 3 had a good shot... well... how do you like us now? :)
Are hopeful 3 or 4x champs the ones saying this? ;)
Last edited by Carpe Diem on Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tigershark
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Tigershark »

jeff6286 wrote:
mennoknight wrote:If I interpret correctly, the judges were just doing their normal end of round judgy thing. They advanced it a clue because it wasn't a normal last clue, it was a DD which required betting, and I believe this is standard practice.
So are you saying that any time a daily double is hit on the 30th clue of a round, there is going to be a five or so minute break before the contestant makes their wager? This seems like something we would have heard about before if it is Standard practice.
That did not happen in my show, where one of the contestants hit a daily double in the 30th clue. He just made his wager and answered the question with no break.