Teacher Tournament

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

britt408
Contributor

Teacher Tournament

Post by britt408 »

Does anyone know when the teacher tournament is usually filmed and aired?
jeff6286
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Teacher Tournament

Post by jeff6286 »

britt408 wrote:Does anyone know when the teacher tournament is usually filmed and aired?
There's not really a "usually". Most Jeopardy! tournaments come in the Sweeps months of November, February, and May. The first 5 Teachers' Tournaments have been held in May, February, November, November, and February. They've yet to have 2 in the same calendar year, and this year's was in February, so I would say February or May of next year are the best bets, but it depends on where they choose to slot Teens, College, and presumably a Tournament of Champions in Season 32, and basically no 2 Jeopardy! seasons ever look exactly alike. Taping is usually about 3-6 weeks before a tournament airs, to the best of my knowledge. Some years there is a schedule for the year leaked or publicly announced in August/September, so if you keep watching this board, something may be reported before the new season premieres in September.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

There was no college or teen tourney this season, so there is no guarantee they'll have a teacher tournament. The tournies used to run on a fairly set schedule, but now it is whenever they feel like it.
britt408
Contributor

Post by britt408 »

At the Kansas City auditions, Maggie made mention of being eligible for the teacher tournament which makes me think that there will be one this year (I hope so, at least!) I thought I remembered seeing it in the spring - just curious!
JayK33
Just a Fan

Post by JayK33 »

I hope we have a tournament coming up soon, before the season ends. Maybe they'll do what they did last year or the year before and have one fill up the last two weeks of the season.
legendneverdies

Post by legendneverdies »

JayK33 wrote:I hope we have a tournament coming up soon, before the season ends. Maybe they'll do what they did last year or the year before and have one fill up the last two weeks of the season.
I think if there were a tournament scheduled to air this month, Jboard would have known about it by now.
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

I seem to recall tournaments sneaking up on us in the past. Wasn't there one just last year that we didn't hear anything about until Alex mentioned it the Friday before?
legendneverdies

Post by legendneverdies »

Robert K S wrote:I seem to recall tournaments sneaking up on us in the past. Wasn't there one just last year that we didn't hear anything about until Alex mentioned it the Friday before?
The Teen tournament was known to be closing out last season by the time the Battle of the Decades finals aired IIRC.
Vermonter
2003 College Champion

Post by Vermonter »

Robert K S wrote:I seem to recall tournaments sneaking up on us in the past. Wasn't there one just last year that we didn't hear anything about until Alex mentioned it the Friday before?
Kids Week
Hate bad wagering? Me too. Join me at The Final Wager.
alamble

Post by alamble »

JayK33 wrote:I hope we have a tournament coming up soon, before the season ends. Maybe they'll do what they did last year or the year before and have one fill up the last two weeks of the season.
No tournaments for the rest of this season, sorry.