Summer reruns 2015

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, dhkendall, trainman, econgator

legendneverdies
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 1605
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:52 pm

Summer reruns 2015

Post by legendneverdies » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:20 am

I suspect the six weeks of Summer reruns starting MOnday 8/3 will be TofC, Teachers tourney, Kids' week, and Celeb week, as they were the only six weeks of non-regular games this season. THis is only the third Trebek season to have 200 regular games, with season three and season four the other two.

User avatar
Winchell Factor
Jeopardy! Champion
Posts: 510
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:07 pm

Re: SUmmer reruns 2015

Post by Winchell Factor » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:27 am

I can't decide whether I want to see that TOC again or not. I thought it was wicked hard!

User avatar
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 7987
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:37 am
Location: San Francisco

Re: SUmmer reruns 2015

Post by MarkBarrett » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:35 am

legendneverdies wrote:I suspect the six weeks of Summer reruns starting Monday 8/3 will be TofC, Teachers tourney, Kids' week, and Celeb week, as they were the only six weeks of non-regular games this season. This is only the third Trebek season to have 200 regular games, with season three and season four the other two.
Correct, the TOC will air Aug. 3 -14.

User avatar
ZachTheRiah
In Search of the Unknown
Posts: 232
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:43 am

Re: SUmmer reruns 2015

Post by ZachTheRiah » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:38 am

Winchell Factor wrote:I can't decide whether I want to see that TOC again or not. I thought it was wicked hard!
The TOC this year was one of the first times I had a 0/30 in a single round. Ugh.

mahatma
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 487
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:52 pm

Re: SUmmer reruns 2015

Post by mahatma » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:14 pm

ZachTheRiah wrote:
Winchell Factor wrote:I can't decide whether I want to see that TOC again or not. I thought it was wicked hard!
The TOC this year was one of the first times I had a 0/30 in a single round. Ugh.
Wasn't somebody saying that theoretically, based on game theory and high-order differential equations, it is possible to go oh-fer and still win?

Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes
Posts: 8994
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:39 pm

Re: SUmmer reruns 2015

Post by Bamaman » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:23 pm

mahatma wrote:
ZachTheRiah wrote:
Winchell Factor wrote:I can't decide whether I want to see that TOC again or not. I thought it was wicked hard!
The TOC this year was one of the first times I had a 0/30 in a single round. Ugh.
Wasn't somebody saying that theoretically, based on game theory and high-order differential equations, it is possible to go oh-fer and still win?
You can't win with $0, so no.

mahatma
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 487
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:52 pm

Re: SUmmer reruns 2015

Post by mahatma » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:38 pm

Bamaman wrote:
mahatma wrote:
ZachTheRiah wrote:The TOC this year was one of the first times I had a 0/30 in a single round. Ugh.
Wasn't somebody saying that theoretically, based on game theory and high-order differential equations, it is possible to go oh-fer and still win?
You can't win with $0, so no.
Oh. Okay. Thanks.

User avatar
triviawayne
On the Diving Board, Ready to Jump In
Posts: 1045
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:50 pm

Re: SUmmer reruns 2015

Post by triviawayne » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:46 pm

mahatma wrote:
Bamaman wrote:
mahatma wrote:
ZachTheRiah wrote:The TOC this year was one of the first times I had a 0/30 in a single round. Ugh.
Wasn't somebody saying that theoretically, based on game theory and high-order differential equations, it is possible to go oh-fer and still win?
You can't win with $0, so no.
Oh. Okay. Thanks.
Although you could have the best score. Meaning you score $0, and both your opponents have negative amounts.

You with the best performance of the game get nothing, while those with negative money get $1000 and $2000.

I just wonder what Alex would do to fill the time. I would hope for home viewers the final would still be revealed.
Total game show career losings = $171,522

User avatar
Magna
Hooked on Jeopardy
Posts: 2932
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:37 pm

Re: SUmmer reruns 2015

Post by Magna » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:30 pm

triviawayne wrote:
mahatma wrote:
Bamaman wrote:
mahatma wrote:
ZachTheRiah wrote:The TOC this year was one of the first times I had a 0/30 in a single round. Ugh.
Wasn't somebody saying that theoretically, based on game theory and high-order differential equations, it is possible to go oh-fer and still win?
You can't win with $0, so no.
Oh. Okay. Thanks.
Although you could have the best score. Meaning you score $0, and both your opponents have negative amounts.

You with the best performance of the game get nothing, while those with negative money get $1000 and $2000.

I just wonder what Alex would do to fill the time. I would hope for home viewers the final would still be revealed.
None of you would make it to FJ in that situation, so there wouldn't be a need to reveal the category or correct response. When that has happened, there was no FJ - the show just closed with Alex chatting with the players.

squizzle
Loyal Jeopardista
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:47 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: SUmmer reruns 2015

Post by squizzle » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:02 pm

Magna wrote:
triviawayne wrote:
mahatma wrote:
Bamaman wrote:
mahatma wrote: Wasn't somebody saying that theoretically, based on game theory and high-order differential equations, it is possible to go oh-fer and still win?
You can't win with $0, so no.
Oh. Okay. Thanks.
Although you could have the best score. Meaning you score $0, and both your opponents have negative amounts.

You with the best performance of the game get nothing, while those with negative money get $1000 and $2000.

I just wonder what Alex would do to fill the time. I would hope for home viewers the final would still be revealed.
None of you would make it to FJ in that situation, so there wouldn't be a need to reveal the category or correct response. When that has happened, there was no FJ - the show just closed with Alex chatting with the players.
There's been an episode where all three players ended with $0 or negative money? That's depressing.

User avatar
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream
Posts: 8743
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:49 am
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Contact:

Re: SUmmer reruns 2015

Post by dhkendall » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:08 pm

squizzle wrote:
Magna wrote:
triviawayne wrote: Although you could have the best score. Meaning you score $0, and both your opponents have negative amounts.

You with the best performance of the game get nothing, while those with negative money get $1000 and $2000.

I just wonder what Alex would do to fill the time. I would hope for home viewers the final would still be revealed.
None of you would make it to FJ in that situation, so there wouldn't be a need to reveal the category or correct response. When that has happened, there was no FJ - the show just closed with Alex chatting with the players.
There's been an episode where all three players ended with $0 or negative money? That's depressing.
I know that happened in the Fleming era, but Alex? I'm gonna need to see your sources there.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

legendneverdies
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 1605
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:52 pm

Re: SUmmer reruns 2015

Post by legendneverdies » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:25 pm

dhkendall wrote:[

There's been an episode where all three players ended with $0 or negative money? That's depressing.

I know that happened in the Fleming era, but Alex? I'm gonna need to see your sources there.
If it'd happened in the Trebek era, we'd have known by now probably. Nowadays they might replay the game or at least the DJ! round rather than show a game with no one making it to FJ!, who knows.

User avatar
triviawayne
On the Diving Board, Ready to Jump In
Posts: 1045
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:50 pm

Re: SUmmer reruns 2015

Post by triviawayne » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:29 pm

legendneverdies wrote:
dhkendall wrote:[

There's been an episode where all three players ended with $0 or negative money? That's depressing.

I know that happened in the Fleming era, but Alex? I'm gonna need to see your sources there.
If it'd happened in the Trebek era, we'd have known by now probably. Nowadays they might replay the game or at least the DJ! round rather than show a game with no one making it to FJ!, who knows.
I would really hope the show and S&P would have more integrity than that.
Total game show career losings = $171,522

Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes
Posts: 8994
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:39 pm

Re: SUmmer reruns 2015

Post by Bamaman » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:33 pm

No, they would not replay the game. I also doubt they'd show the unsued FJ. I guess they'd either stand around and chat or else edit the regular game play to stretch things out to eat up the FJ time and just say goodbye at the end of DJ.

It would have been funny if this happened in Alex's earlier days (when non-FJ players didn't appear during the credits) and he stood out there by himself during the credits.

User avatar
ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler
Posts: 2454
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 12:53 am

Re: SUmmer reruns 2015

Post by ElendilPickle » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:52 pm

dhkendall wrote:
squizzle wrote:
Magna wrote:
triviawayne wrote: Although you could have the best score. Meaning you score $0, and both your opponents have negative amounts.

You with the best performance of the game get nothing, while those with negative money get $1000 and $2000.

I just wonder what Alex would do to fill the time. I would hope for home viewers the final would still be revealed.
None of you would make it to FJ in that situation, so there wouldn't be a need to reveal the category or correct response. When that has happened, there was no FJ - the show just closed with Alex chatting with the players.
There's been an episode where all three players ended with $0 or negative money? That's depressing.
I know that happened in the Fleming era, but Alex? I'm gonna need to see your sources there.
http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=4074

sarisson
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:39 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: SUmmer reruns 2015

Post by sarisson » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:04 pm

It also happened in the second episode ever aired, back in 1984. Everyone bet everything on a rather technical Final about "The Calendar." (This was before the founder of The Final Wager was even born, but still, there was no excuse for such horrible wagering.) There's a very low-quality youtube vid of it.
As far as everyone finishing with $0 or less before Final, I don't believe that's ever happened.
One-time swimmer

legendneverdies
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 1605
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:52 pm

Re: SUmmer reruns 2015

Post by legendneverdies » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:12 pm

I think the original poster was talking about no one being eligible for FJ! in a game in the Trebek era, which has yet to happen.

User avatar
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream
Posts: 8743
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:49 am
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Contact:

Re: SUmmer reruns 2015

Post by dhkendall » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:31 pm

I got the impression people were asking about triple $0 or less *before* FJ, I can remember a few instances of the type Elendil Pickle posted. And that hasn't happened in the Trebek era - at least it's not in the Archive.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

User avatar
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard
Posts: 5942
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:33 pm
Location: Shawnee, KS
Contact:

Re: Summer reruns 2015

Post by opusthepenguin » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:48 pm

Ok, who else sees this subject line and automatically hears it to the tune of "Summer Nights" from Grease?

User avatar
TomKBaltimoreBoy
Lucky to be Here
Posts: 580
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:30 am

Re: Summer reruns 2015

Post by TomKBaltimoreBoy » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:51 pm

opusthepenguin wrote:Ok, who else sees this subject line and automatically hears it to the tune of "Summer Nights" from Grease?
No one.

Until NOW.

"cursed waterfowl"
Life IS pain, Princess. Anyone telling you differently is selling something.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google [Bot] and 31 guests