Summer reruns 2015

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

legendneverdies
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Summer reruns 2015

Post by legendneverdies »

I suspect the six weeks of Summer reruns starting MOnday 8/3 will be TofC, Teachers tourney, Kids' week, and Celeb week, as they were the only six weeks of non-regular games this season. THis is only the third Trebek season to have 200 regular games, with season three and season four the other two.
Winchell Factor
Jeopardy! Champion

Re: SUmmer reruns 2015

Post by Winchell Factor »

I can't decide whether I want to see that TOC again or not. I thought it was wicked hard!
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

legendneverdies wrote:I suspect the six weeks of Summer reruns starting Monday 8/3 will be TofC, Teachers tourney, Kids' week, and Celeb week, as they were the only six weeks of non-regular games this season. This is only the third Trebek season to have 200 regular games, with season three and season four the other two.
Correct, the TOC will air Aug. 3 -14.
ZachTheRiah
In Search of the Unknown

Post by ZachTheRiah »

Winchell Factor wrote:I can't decide whether I want to see that TOC again or not. I thought it was wicked hard!
The TOC this year was one of the first times I had a 0/30 in a single round. Ugh.
mahatma

Post by mahatma »

ZachTheRiah wrote:
Winchell Factor wrote:I can't decide whether I want to see that TOC again or not. I thought it was wicked hard!
The TOC this year was one of the first times I had a 0/30 in a single round. Ugh.
Wasn't somebody saying that theoretically, based on game theory and high-order differential equations, it is possible to go oh-fer and still win?
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

mahatma wrote:
ZachTheRiah wrote:
Wasn't somebody saying that theoretically, based on game theory and high-order differential equations, it is possible to go oh-fer and still win?
You can't win with $0, so no.
mahatma

Post by mahatma »

Bamaman wrote:
mahatma wrote:
ZachTheRiah wrote:The TOC this year was one of the first times I had a 0/30 in a single round. Ugh.
Oh. Okay. Thanks.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

mahatma wrote:
Bamaman wrote:
mahatma wrote:
ZachTheRiah wrote:The TOC this year was one of the first times I had a 0/30 in a single round. Ugh.
Oh. Okay. Thanks.
Although you could have the best score. Meaning you score $0, and both your opponents have negative amounts.

You with the best performance of the game get nothing, while those with negative money get $1000 and $2000.

I just wonder what Alex would do to fill the time. I would hope for home viewers the final would still be revealed.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
Magna
Hooked on Jeopardy

Post by Magna »

triviawayne wrote:
mahatma wrote:
Bamaman wrote:
mahatma wrote:
Oh. Okay. Thanks.
Although you could have the best score. Meaning you score $0, and both your opponents have negative amounts.

You with the best performance of the game get nothing, while those with negative money get $1000 and $2000.

I just wonder what Alex would do to fill the time. I would hope for home viewers the final would still be revealed.
None of you would make it to FJ in that situation, so there wouldn't be a need to reveal the category or correct response. When that has happened, there was no FJ - the show just closed with Alex chatting with the players.
squizzle
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by squizzle »

Magna wrote:
triviawayne wrote:
mahatma wrote:
Bamaman wrote:
mahatma wrote: Wasn't somebody saying that theoretically, based on game theory and high-order differential equations, it is possible to go oh-fer and still win?
Oh. Okay. Thanks.

None of you would make it to FJ in that situation, so there wouldn't be a need to reveal the category or correct response. When that has happened, there was no FJ - the show just closed with Alex chatting with the players.
There's been an episode where all three players ended with $0 or negative money? That's depressing.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

squizzle wrote:
Magna wrote:
triviawayne wrote: Although you could have the best score. Meaning you score $0, and both your opponents have negative amounts.

There's been an episode where all three players ended with $0 or negative money? That's depressing.
I know that happened in the Fleming era, but Alex? I'm gonna need to see your sources there.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
legendneverdies

dhkendall wrote:[

I know that happened in the Fleming era, but Alex? I'm gonna need to see your sources there.
If it'd happened in the Trebek era, we'd have known by now probably. Nowadays they might replay the game or at least the DJ! round rather than show a game with no one making it to FJ!, who knows.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

legendneverdies wrote:
dhkendall wrote:[

If it'd happened in the Trebek era, we'd have known by now probably. Nowadays they might replay the game or at least the DJ! round rather than show a game with no one making it to FJ!, who knows.
I would really hope the show and S&P would have more integrity than that.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

No, they would not replay the game. I also doubt they'd show the unsued FJ. I guess they'd either stand around and chat or else edit the regular game play to stretch things out to eat up the FJ time and just say goodbye at the end of DJ.

It would have been funny if this happened in Alex's earlier days (when non-FJ players didn't appear during the credits) and he stood out there by himself during the credits.
ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Post by ElendilPickle »

dhkendall wrote:
squizzle wrote:
Magna wrote:
triviawayne wrote: Although you could have the best score. Meaning you score $0, and both your opponents have negative amounts.

http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=4074
sarisson

Post by sarisson »

It also happened in the second episode ever aired, back in 1984. Everyone bet everything on a rather technical Final about "The Calendar." (This was before the founder of The Final Wager was even born, but still, there was no excuse for such horrible wagering.) There's a very low-quality youtube vid of it.
As far as everyone finishing with $0 or less before Final, I don't believe that's ever happened.
Hoping for a third lap
legendneverdies

I think the original poster was talking about no one being eligible for FJ! in a game in the Trebek era, which has yet to happen.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

I got the impression people were asking about triple $0 or less *before* FJ, I can remember a few instances of the type Elendil Pickle posted. And that hasn't happened in the Trebek era - at least it's not in the Archive.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Re: Summer reruns 2015

Post by opusthepenguin »

Ok, who else sees this subject line and automatically hears it to the tune of "Summer Nights" from Grease?
TomKBaltimoreBoy
Lucky to be Here

Re: Summer reruns 2015

Post by TomKBaltimoreBoy »

opusthepenguin wrote:Ok, who else sees this subject line and automatically hears it to the tune of "Summer Nights" from Grease?
No one.

Until NOW.

"cursed waterfowl"
Life IS pain, Princess. Anyone telling you differently is selling something.