Sister Shows, Sister Sites? (BAV/JBoard)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Prizes
Just Started Her First Lap in the Jeopardy! Pool!

Sister Shows, Sister Sites? (BAV/JBoard)

Post by Prizes »

So, I got to around to thinking: As owner of the Wheel-equivalent fanpage Buy a Vowel Boards, why not try to strike an alliance with you here at JBoard? We like our brains to be taxed as well, have a similar member tracker, etc. Plus, the members here are of very high quality; much respect there.

The shows are sister, so why not us as sites? Do you think we can do something to work together a bit? Just shooting the bit, trying to help both pages. We can help you with matters of varying sorts, if you help us, you know? I believe with the strong leadership within both pages that we have the potential to make something great from both pages into something extraordinary. This isn't a merge exactly, but more of a co-support network, alliance between the two.

And hey, we have to teach TPH lots over at BAV a ton, too!
BobF
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Sister Shows, Sister Sites? (BAV/JBoard)

Post by BobF »

How about if both URLs point to the same site and then there could be a Jeopardy sub-board and a Wheel sub-board?
Was once hugged by Maggie Speak!
MrMushnik
Wheel of Jeopardy!

Post by MrMushnik »

BobF wrote:How about if both URLs point to the same site and then there could be a Jeopardy sub-board and a Wheel sub-board?
As a recent member of BAV boards, I really like this idea. But, from the lack of responses I'm guessing there's not a lot of "Wheel" fans here?? Or do people like compartmentalizing their game show interests? I do realize they are completely different shows.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

I just don't see any need for this.

There would still be separate boards, I always get here through favorites, I would be bypassing the front page to do that extra click to the jboard anyway.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

I am also a big Wheel fan. I have never signed up over at BAV due to time constraints. If (whoever runs) BAV ever decides they need better backend infrastructure, I'd be willing to help.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
MrMushnik
Wheel of Jeopardy!

Post by MrMushnik »

Sorry to revive this, but I think the advantage would be opening strictly "Wheel" fans to the "other side." There's obviously a lot more analysis and insight available in J!'s 61 clues vs "Wheel"s 6-8 puzzles. I understand how it's such a different demographic and skill set, but the fact they run consecutively in so many markets could drive more traffic to this site. Or visa versa.