LL66 (For the LLamas)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

sarisson
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: LL66 (For the LLamas)

Post by sarisson »

I entered Formula 1 for the above reason and because econgator used to live in my hometown. It was a very good 1DS, with three easily gettable questions for someone with little knowledge of the sport. Nigel Mansell's World Championship Racing was one of my favorite games (for the Amiga 1200!) when I was 6-7 years old. You never forget that soundtrack and the moving world map with the track layouts. I answered "Red 3" on that question.
Hoping for a third lap
Linear Gnome
One Miner Gal

Post by Linear Gnome »

teapot37 wrote:
econgator wrote: Go play! Now! If you do not, I shall edit all of your posts into gibberish. :)
Fkhksdj woijsdfkjj oijdslfksjdrwejk outchange dsljdfkwuesd.

Dammit.
I need a keyboard protector for posts like this.
boson
Trivial

Post by boson »

Don't bother doing the Conspiracy Theories 1DS - it is all fixed anyhow.
teapot37

Post by teapot37 »

boson wrote:Don't bother doing the Conspiracy Theories 1DS - it is all fixed anyhow.
That's what THEY want you to think.
Not many people can say they've lost four times on Jeopardy!.
caknuck
Jarlsberger

Post by caknuck »

I wish I wasn't an incoming rookie.
(le sigh)

EDITED. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE *NO* GAME DAY DISCUSSIONS!!!!
@caknuck
caknuck
Jarlsberger

Post by caknuck »

caknuck wrote:I wish I wasn't an incoming rookie.
(le sigh)

Um, rookie mistake?

Sorry!
@caknuck
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

caknuck wrote:
caknuck wrote:I wish I wasn't an incoming rookie.
(le sigh)

Um, rookie mistake?

Sorry!
Off to the Group W bench you go!
sarisson

Post by sarisson »

I never ever expected to finish in the top 10% on Conspiracy Theories. Even with just 7 right, I came in 52nd. How did Operation Northwoods stump 91% of participating LLamas? How could anyone not know the first question? Do people actually not read Infowars regularly?
I have an answer to the above questions: aliens. I'm not saying it was aliens, but it definitely was aliens.
Hoping for a third lap
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

sarisson wrote:I never ever expected to finish in the top 10% on Conspiracy Theories. Even with just 7 right, I came in 52nd. How did Operation Northwoods stump 91% of participating LLamas? How could anyone not know the first question? Do people actually not read Infowars regularly?
I have an answer to the above questions: aliens. I'm not saying it was aliens, but it definitely was aliens.
I got just 7 right too and finished in a tie for 195th! (And just behind one of my referrals). I guess it matters what you money.

I fully denounce all conspiracy theories as bunk but after answering the last question and getting it wrong, I'm really starting to wonder about that one.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

dhkendall wrote:I fully denounce all conspiracy theories as bunk but after answering the last question and getting it wrong, I'm really starting to wonder about that one.
Count me in as someone who thought it was "Berenstein." I didn't play this one day, but I would have gotten it correct. I know now it's -stain, but I definitely remember it from "back in the day" as -stein!
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

This Is Kirk! wrote:
dhkendall wrote:I fully denounce all conspiracy theories as bunk but after answering the last question and getting it wrong, I'm really starting to wonder about that one.
Count me in as someone who thought it was "Berenstein." I didn't play this one day, but I would have gotten it correct. I know now it's -stain, but I definitely remember it from "back in the day" as -stein!
The answer was -stain, so if you "thought it was "Berenstein"" you would have been wrong as that's what I answered.

This one is just creepy the more I think about it, it was never -stain! I must track down some old books now!
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
quarterrican
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by quarterrican »

dhkendall wrote:
This Is Kirk! wrote:
The answer was -stain, so if you "thought it was "Berenstein"" you would have been wrong as that's what I answered.

This one is just creepy the more I think about it, it was never -stain! I must track down some old books now!
I got both this one and #7 only because of the podcast Reply All - they go into the parallel theory idea for -stain that the smith mentioned in the question in this ep: https://gimletmedia.com/episode/38-undo-undo-undo/

Fully worth a listen.
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

dhkendall wrote:The answer was -stain, so if you "thought it was "Berenstein"" you would have been wrong as that's what I answered.
Right. What I was trying to say is even though I now know it's actually "Berenstain," and has supposedly always been spelled that way, I remember it as being "Berenstein" when I was a kid. I now realize I remembered it wrong all this time--unless there really was a parallel universe...
boson
Trivial

Post by boson »

dhkendall wrote:
sarisson wrote:I never ever expected to finish in the top 10% on Conspiracy Theories. Even with just 7 right, I came in 52nd. How did Operation Northwoods stump 91% of participating LLamas? How could anyone not know the first question? Do people actually not read Infowars regularly?
I got just 7 right too and finished in a tie for 195th! (And just behind one of my referrals). I guess it matters what you money.
I got 7 right and came in 459th place. I blame the illuminati.