Summer Hiatus Challenge 2015 - TOC Instant Replay Thread

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

BoK
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Summer Hiatus Challenge 2015 - TOC Instant Replay Thread

Post by BoK »

As Woof points out in his responses, there was a originally a typo in the Drama 6-pointer (It now reads 'At the end of Ibsen's "A Doll's House", ...', but it used to read 'At this end of Ibsen's "A Doll's House", ...'), which makes the clue quite confusing. When I corrected it, Woof was the only one to respond and since he got it right despite the typo, I thought it would be OK. But there is the possibility that the change occurred after someone else read the clue and before he/she answered it. If this is the case for anyone and it caused you to miss, please let us know. Sorry about the confusion.

Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

And so my 2015 SHC ends ingloriously, with just about as many clams as answers. Many thanks to BoK, rjaguar3 and all the contributors for their efforts that made this SHC such a success, and thanks also to DoT for getting the ball rolling in the first place.

cinemaniax7
Humble Pi

Post by cinemaniax7 »

That was brutal. I mean the whole ToC, but especially the war category. I would consider hara-kiri as a matter of honor, but I was dead in this tournament almost from the start. Hail to the victors!

patkav
The Chicago Mauler

Post by patkav »

Hearty congratulations to the victors, of which I am most certainly not one.

And great thanks and appreciation to BoK, rjaguar3 and all those who worked hard on a great SHC.

Lampy

Post by Lampy »

Oops, we forgot that Harold Godwinson is Harold II and just said Harold. This'll be a fun sweat.

mahatma

Post by mahatma »

First, I again want to thank the people who ran/wrote this SHC. A lot of work, and some really great categories/questions. The TOC definitely lived up to its 'very difficult' billing (no matter what Schliemann says).

Second, I want to point out something really weird. We know there have been some server issues the past couple of days. One of those came up while I was trying to submit my Day 6 answers. I ended up trying multiple times, and eventually they went through. Now, when I look at the Day 6 thread, I see three successive posts of my answers. Not that surprising, right? I just assume that the 'internal errors' I saw eventually let the posts through. However, the weird thing is that, even though a couple of new responses have been posted this afternoon, I can't see those. When I open the Day 6 thread, all I see are my three duplicate responses, then dead air. If I search for the more-recent entries by username, I can find and read them. Maybe somebody more back-end-tech-savvy can explain this?

Congratulations to the winners.

Lampy

Post by Lampy »

Yeah, thanks so much for the challenge and daily fun!!

dinghammer
No Relation

Post by dinghammer »

mahatma wrote:When I open the Day 6 thread, all I see are my three duplicate responses, then dead air. If I search for the more-recent entries by username, I can find and read them. Maybe somebody more back-end-tech-savvy can explain this?
I was about to ask about that. For a while, it was saying the last post was by billy pilgrim, but that post wasn't showing up. Now it says it's by Schliemann, and I'm not seeing his post either. I can see the posts if I search for the users' posts (as you said), though. I can also see those posts, but not yours, if I search the thread for "hall". Weird.

mahatma

Post by mahatma »

Did I break the TOC Day 6 thread?

I really hope this means Mssrs Pilgrim and Schliemann don't get stuck with my answers.

rjaguar3

Post by rjaguar3 »

I'm currently having the same problem getting the responses in the D6 thread. These will be scored once the posts are available.

clprez

Post by clprez »

If you want to see Schielmann's post in that thread, you can get to it by going to his profile and click on "search user's posts".

Blue Lion

Post by Blue Lion »

Many thanks to BoK, rjaguar3, and everyone else who made this year's TOC possible. This year's categories were even more diabolical than last year's, and I mean that as a compliment.

Congratulations as well to this year's TOC participants. You earned it!

Caboom

Post by Caboom »

clprez wrote:If you want to see Schielmann's post in that thread, you can get to it by going to his profile and click on "search user's posts".
Or you can use this link to see them in the thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3089&start=16

rjaguar3

Post by rjaguar3 »

Caboom wrote:
clprez wrote:If you want to see Schielmann's post in that thread, you can get to it by going to his profile and click on "search user's posts".
Or you can use this link to see them in the thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3089&start=16
Thanks for the assistance. I've added billy pilgrim's and Schilemann's responses.