HELP- Responding late to audition email QUESTION

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

EndlessEntropy
Valued Contributor

HELP- Responding late to audition email QUESTION

Post by EndlessEntropy »

I was selected for an inperson audition in boston on october 8th. I took the test months ago and forgot about it and assumed I didn't get chosen, then i randomly check that email today and find out I got the invite email a week ago.

I RSVP'd back just now, 5 days after the last day to email- do I have any chance at all of still getting an audition spot or are they generally all filled up????
What’s Montague? It is nor hand, nor foot,
Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
Belonging to a man. O, be some other name!
What’s in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other word would smell as sweet.

-Shakespeare
Rafferty Barnes
Jeopardy! Champion

Re: HELP- Responding late to audition email QUESTION

Post by Rafferty Barnes »

I'm not sure, but people do have last minute cancellations, I'm sure they'll try to work you in!
caknuck
Jarlsberger

Post by caknuck »

Corina and Maggie are very cool. Just explain what happened and they may be able to make accommodations. Good Luck!
@caknuck
mennoknight
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by mennoknight »

EndlessEntropy wrote:I was selected for an inperson audition in boston on october 8th. I took the test months ago and forgot about it and assumed I didn't get chosen, then i randomly check that email today and find out I got the invite email a week ago.

I RSVP'd back just now, 5 days after the last day to email- do I have any chance at all of still getting an audition spot or are they generally all filled up????
This happened to me as well. You can see from the profile pic how it turned out. Just reply, explain, and they'll get back to you.
I eat chicken. That's what I do.
EndlessEntropy
Valued Contributor

Post by EndlessEntropy »

Thanks everyone! I got official confirmation yesterday for the audition and time and location! First time and I just turned 21, can't wait!!!
What’s Montague? It is nor hand, nor foot,
Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
Belonging to a man. O, be some other name!
What’s in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other word would smell as sweet.

-Shakespeare
ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Post by ElendilPickle »

EndlessEntropy wrote:Thanks everyone! I got official confirmation yesterday for the audition and time and location! First time and I just turned 21 (still an undergrad >.>), can't wait!!!
Great! Dress nicely, speak up, be enthusiastic, and work on your "fun facts" so you can spend a minute or so talking about yourself comfortably.
caknuck
Jarlsberger

Post by caknuck »

ElendilPickle wrote:
EndlessEntropy wrote:Thanks everyone! I got official confirmation yesterday for the audition and time and location! First time and I just turned 21 (still an undergrad >.>), can't wait!!!
Great! Dress nicely, speak up, be enthusiastic, and work on your "fun facts" so you can spend a minute or so talking about yourself comfortably.
I can't emphasize the "be enthusiastic" part enough. My first time through the process, I was nervous and introverted. (When Maggie has to ask you if you're having fun, it's a bad sign.) My second time through, you couldn't stop me from dancing my fat ass off and smiling my cheeks numb.

It was the difference between waiting by the phone for a year-and-a-half and getting a callback within three weeks.
@caknuck