Polo Poll

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

When is it OK to wear a polo shirt on Jeopardy! ?

The airline lost your luggage.
45%
It's laundry day.
18%
Your tux is at the dry cleaners.
24%
It's under a sweater or jacket.
41%
It's your 5th game of the day.
33%
It's Sports Jeopardy!
63%
You think that it's Sports Jeopardy!
45%
It's your lucky polo.
31%
You wore it to your audition.
27%
Someone spilled something on you in the green room or commissary.
45%
It belonged to someone who is no longer with you (or at least not with you in Culver City) and Carpe Diem is a bad person.
24%
Never.
24%

Total votes: 49

MitchO
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Polo Poll

Post by MitchO »

I was gonna wear the shirt I wore this past weekend to NY Comic Con:

(NOTE: This pic is not me [neither the guy nor Harley :p], but it is a virtual copy of what I wore)

Look. You're on a national television show; you're in the public eye. We "shouldn't" worry about behavior, clothing, voice volume etc; but we're going to. Human nature and all that. I missed last night's episode (and won't be home for tonight :( ), so I didn't see the shirt and question, but I'll fight for everyone's right to talk about it.~

PowerofHoodoo
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by PowerofHoodoo »

If you bring a carryon containing 3 or more camera-ready outfits and don't have to make a connecting flight in 10 minutes, the responsible adults on board hate you. It's been more than thirty years since I had a checked bag miss a flight, and it was delivered a few hours later.

I too would live in jeans and a polo or knit shirt 100% of the time if I could. However, I'm not going to a wedding, high-ticket fundraiser, or Jeopardy! audition dressed that casually. More than half the men who were in my audition group in Kansas City this year were in jeans which I've never seen before.

And another thing, you kids get off my lawn!

brick

Post by brick »

Vermonter wrote:
mahatma wrote:
zakharov wrote:weeooo weeeooo it's the fashion police
Pull OVah, pull OVah!
it's a cardigan but thanks for noticing

MDaunt
Weighed in the balance and found wanting

Post by MDaunt »

Don't care as long as I can have my liposuctionist in the green room. And some snacks.

teapot37

Post by teapot37 »

Where do I click for "I wore a polo shirt on the show"?
Not many people can say they've lost four times on Jeopardy!.

This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

PowerofHoodoo wrote:If you bring a carryon containing 3 or more camera-ready outfits and don't have to make a connecting flight in 10 minutes, the responsible adults on board hate you.
Huh? Pretty much everyone on board brings a carry-on these days. Kind of a consequence of charging for checked bags. The only time I ever check a bag anymore is if I'm going on a ski trip and bring skis. Can't imagine checking a bag with just clothes in it.

grindcore
Some Guy

Post by grindcore »

If and when I get the call, I'm bringing my four favourite band t-shirts and my Tottenham jersey. And y'all can suck it.

And yes I know that wouldn't be allowed but y'all can still suck it.

Vermonter
2003 College Champion

Post by Vermonter »

MitchO wrote:Look. You're on a national television show; you're in the public eye. We "shouldn't" worry about behavior, clothing, voice volume etc; but we're going to. Human nature and all that.
It also appears to be human nature to care what other people think, but if you can get past that and focus on the game, you're probably better off (cf. Arthur Chu).
Hate bad wagering? Me too. Join me at The Final Wager.

Vanya
The support is non-zero

Post by Vanya »

Vermonter wrote:
MitchO wrote:Look. You're on a national television show; you're in the public eye. We "shouldn't" worry about behavior, clothing, voice volume etc; but we're going to. Human nature and all that.
It also appears to be human nature to care what other people think, but if you can get past that and focus on the game, you're probably better off (cf. Arthur Chu).
Judging by Chu's response to online criticism, he cares a lot what other people think of him (unless that was all self-promotion, which also depends on what people think). Indeed, his current so-called job of online commenter and crusader against the "rape culture" also depends on what people think.