Help Support JBoard!

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Help Support JBoard!

Post by MarkBarrett »

I'll take April, please.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

We also have someone who wishes to remain anonymous who has volunteered to cover two months, so I have assigned them March and May (although for alliteration purposes giving Anonymous to April and August would have worked much better).

Anyway, as a reminder, this money goes to Brian to help defray the costs of hosting JBoard (and he hosts J-Archive as well) on his server. It doesn't cover all of his costs, and for his continued in-kind donations to this little world of ours we owe him a big thanks as well.

February -> BigDaddyMatty
March -> Anonymous
April -> MarkBarrett
May -> Anonymous
June -> [open]
July -> ElendilPickle
August -> [open]
September -> [open]
jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

When is he going to disclose his tax returns? We all know this five dollars per month is going straight to the hidden account in the Cayman Islands.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

alietr wrote:We also have someone who wishes to remain anonymous who has volunteered to cover two months, so I have assigned them March and May (although for alliteration purposes giving Anonymous to April and August would have worked much better).

Anyway, as a reminder, this money goes to Brian to help defray the costs of hosting JBoard (and he hosts J-Archive as well) on his server. It doesn't cover all of his costs, and for his continued in-kind donations to this little world of ours we owe him a big thanks as well.

February -> BigDaddyMatty
March -> Anonymous
April -> MarkBarrett
May -> Anonymous
June -> [open]
July -> ElendilPickle
August -> [open]
September -> [open]
You could move Mark to May and you'd have another alliteration, although Mark may have wanted April in particular.
gamawire
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by gamawire »

alietr wrote:

June -> [open]
Go ahead and give me June, please.
"It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing." -- Seneca
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

alietr wrote: September -> [open]
I'll take that one
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Shadows (5), Foxy Brown (7), Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6)
OrangeSAM
(Unranked)

Post by OrangeSAM »

I would like to sponsor a month in memory of Mrs OS and gratitude to the J!Board community.
OCSam
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

OrangeSAM wrote:I would like to sponsor a month in memory of Mrs OS and gratitude to the J!Board community.
My condolences. If this is old news, my apologies as well for my tardiness.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

I was unaware your wife had passed away. My sincere condolences on your loss.
OrangeSAM
(Unranked)

Post by OrangeSAM »

Thanks to all who have posted or PM'd condolences. This was the first mention of it here.

On the J!timeline, Mrs OS's death fell between Cindy Stowell's death and her first televised game. Those episodes were tough to watch.
OCSam
OrangeSAM
(Unranked)

Post by OrangeSAM »

I will post more later, where and when appropriate.
OCSam
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

MarkBarrett wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:18 am I'll take April, please.
It's April, so send me an email or PM for instructions, please.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Time to revive this thread. Due to the change in hosting, keeping up the payments to support JBoard kind of fell by the wayside. A wonderful anonymous benefactor has brought us current, however, so we have up through January covered. In order to to pay our hosting fees, I am asking that the donation be increased to $10. Blue Lion has already claimed April. If you would like the high honor and distinction of being the Boardie of the Month, please make your claim here. The Management (and all the rest of you wonderful Boardies) thank you profusely.
davey

Post by davey »

alietr wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:05 am Time to revive this thread. Due to the change in hosting, keeping up the payments to support JBoard kind of fell by the wayside. A wonderful anonymous benefactor has brought us current, however, so we have up through January covered. In order to to pay our hosting fees, I am asking that the donation be increased to $10. Blue Lion has already claimed April. If you would like the high honor and distinction of being the Boardie of the Month, please make your claim here. The Management (and all the rest of you wonderful Boardies) thank you profusely.
I will do it next month.
Peter the accountant

Post by Peter the accountant »

alietr wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:05 am Time to revive this thread.
Thank you for reviving the thread. As a relative noob, I had no idea how the board was supported.
--Peter
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

I believe we're good for a while. Thanks for all of the quick responses!
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

I'm bumping this since Woof has been on way too long, we need to get some money to Robert, and I have no idea what the queue looks like at this point. $10/month supports us. Such a deal! Anyone?
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

alietr wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 11:24 am I'm bumping this since Woof has been on way too long, we need to get some money to Robert, and I have no idea what the queue looks like at this point. $10/month supports us. Such a deal! Anyone?
Sure, I can help out
OrangeSAM
(Unranked)

Post by OrangeSAM »

alietr wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 11:24 am I'm bumping this since Woof has been on way too long, we need to get some money to Robert, and I have no idea what the queue looks like at this point. $10/month supports us. Such a deal! Anyone?
I'd still like to take a month in memory of Mrs OS and to thank this community.

To fill some of the details I didn't mention upthread, she passed in Dec 2016 from complications of ALS. I don't think I've recovered yet.

I want to thank J!Board for providing much needed distraction through difficult times.
OCSam
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

In a good place now, I’ll do it
Total game show career losings = $171,522