Help Support JBoard!

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Re: Help Support JBoard!

Post by dhkendall »

bpmod wrote:(Of course, another possibility would be to have all of the cheaters pay. The fourteen or so could split it whatever way they decide among themselves.)
Considering all 15 of them are the same person, should be easy enough to do. What would be a better punishment is if that person pays $5x15=$75 as a punishment. :)
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
RandyG
Founder of the Royal House of JBoardie of the Month

Post by RandyG »

dhkendall wrote:
bpmod wrote:(Of course, another possibility would be to have all of the cheaters pay. The fourteen or so could split it whatever way they decide among themselves.)
Considering all 15 of them are the same person, should be easy enough to do. What would be a better punishment is if that person pays $5x15=$75 as a punishment. :)
25 $3 bills should cover it.
countyguy
Vacuously Undefeated on J!

Post by countyguy »

Make them pay (by blackmail), but none of them should be JBoarder of the Month... We can make GFTT, Caboom, those in the queue, and other people who do various things, such as winning the SHC boardies of the month...:D

Seriously, though, I did not mean to offend GFTT by nominating Caboom. GFTT made an inestimable contribution to our board.
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

RandyG wrote:25 $3 bills should cover it.
No way, Hosehead!

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
Peggles
Grand Exalted Queen of the Universe

Post by Peggles »

alietr wrote:It has been suggested, and I will concur, that Goforthetie be specially honored with being named JBoarder of the Month for his exceptional detective work in exposing the TD cheat. Therefore, I am going to push the current queue back by one month. If someone would like to sponsor GFTT in order to keep Brian whole on our hosting fees, that would be just wonderful.
Excellent idea, and excellent detective work by GFTT.

Funding taken care of. (No comments, please, about ending with a preposition.) :D
lisa0012
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by lisa0012 »

Peggles wrote:
alietr wrote:It has been suggested, and I will concur, that Goforthetie be specially honored with being named JBoarder of the Month for his exceptional detective work in exposing the TD cheat. Therefore, I am going to push the current queue back by one month. If someone would like to sponsor GFTT in order to keep Brian whole on our hosting fees, that would be just wonderful.

Funding taken care of. (No comments, please, about ending with a preposition.) :D
At this point should we just let Peggles be JBoarder of the Year?
RandyG

Post by RandyG »

bpmod wrote:
No way, Hosehead!

Brian
That's what I love about this place. Where else can you go to learn about the shortest U.S. Interstate and a new insult in the same day? :D
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

RandyG wrote:
bpmod wrote:
No way, Hosehead!

Brian
That's what I love about this place. Where else can you go to learn about the shortest U.S. Interstate and a new insult in the same day? :D
Insult? I would never mean it that way. Especially not when it's you I'm addressing, Randy.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

lisa0012 wrote:
Peggles wrote:

At this point should we just let Peggles be JBoarder of the Year?
I concur. Thanks again, Peggles!

Brian

RandyG

Post by RandyG »

bpmod wrote:
RandyG wrote:
bpmod wrote:
No way, Hosehead!

Brian
Insult? I would never mean it that way. Especially not when it's you I'm addressing, Randy.

Brian
Oh, Brian. (O'Brien?) I didn't take it as an insult, just that I learned a new insult. A variation on hoser? :lol:
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

RandyG wrote:Oh, Brian. (O'Brien?) I didn't take it as an insult, just that I learned a new insult. A variation on hoser? :lol:
Yes. Basically synonymous with hoser, but not as often used (not that hoser is anymore). It was my lame attempt at a play on words. Actually Bob &/or Doug probably uttered those exact words more than once.

Brian

jkbrat
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by jkbrat »

bpmod wrote:
RandyG wrote:Oh, Brian. (O'Brien?) I didn't take it as an insult, just that I learned a new insult. A variation on hoser? :lol:
Yes. Basically synonymous with hoser, but not as often used (not that hoser is anymore). It was my lame attempt at a play on words. Actually Bob &/or Doug probably uttered those exact words more than once.

Brian
And Weird Al uttered it at least once as well..... (Don't worry, you don't have to listen to the whole thing; it's right near the beginning.)

Hmmmm, best line? Gosh, so many to choose from, but I think maybe "they treat curling just like it's a real sport". :lol:

[Ducking]:

There are times I almost think I am not sure of what I absolutely knooooooooo-OW

Learn, Review, Repeat

A Archipelago
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

jkbrat wrote:And Weird Al uttered it at least once as well..... (Don't worry, you don't have to listen to the whole thing; it's right near the beginning.)

Hmmmm, best line? Gosh, so many to choose from, but I think maybe "they treat curling just like it's a real sport". :lol:

[Ducking]:

Oh, one of my favourite Weird Al songs! (And, of course, the first time he played the song in Canada --- was here! And I wasn't able to go to that concert!)

Was a bit excited when I saw the "Official music video" tag on the title, but Weird Al hasn't made an official video on that song at all (and it's pretty obvious front eh video, as Weird Al isn't even in it at all). However, I will gladly show my favourite video of the song, which is way better than jkbrat's video:

(And, for the curious, every single word in that song is true. I swear to Maplor, the god of maple syrup.)
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

I picked a bad day to be on my mom's computer which, for some reason, has no capability at the moment to play online videos. I am pretty sure I know the song in question, but I can't wait to see the videos.

I have been to two Weird Al concerts and possess an autographed guitar (well what's left of it, anyway) that he used in concert.

Brian

jkbrat
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by jkbrat »

dhkendall wrote: Was a bit excited when I saw the "Official music video" tag on the title, but Weird Al hasn't made an official video on that song at all
Wait, you mean that something can be labeled "official music video" without it being an official music video???

My faith in the veracity of information on the internet has been irrevocably shattered. :lol:

(Your unofficial version is better, I concur.)
There are times I almost think I am not sure of what I absolutely knooooooooo-OW

Learn, Review, Repeat

A Archipelago
jkbrat
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by jkbrat »

bpmod wrote:I picked a bad day to be on my mom's computer which, for some reason, has no capability at the moment to play online videos.
Poor mom. If only she knew someone who was sorta handy with like computery things and such. ;)
bpmod wrote:I have been to two Weird Al concerts and possess an autographed guitar (well what's left of it, anyway) that he used in concert.

Brian
Your geek cred just skyrocketed in my book. :D (I've been to only one and possess not even a used ticket stub to show for it ....)

Learn, Review, Repeat

A Archipelago
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman »

Hey, I have a ticket stub! But not an autographed guitar.

jkbrat
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by jkbrat »

trainman wrote:Hey, I have a ticket stub! But not an autographed guitar.

Partial cred(it) ;)

Learn, Review, Repeat

A Archipelago
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

His band is called Tampa Theater?
lisa0012
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by lisa0012 »

bpmod wrote:I picked a bad day to be on my mom's computer which, for some reason, has no capability at the moment to play online videos. I am pretty sure I know the song in question, but I can't wait to see the videos.

I have been to two Weird Al concerts and possess an autographed guitar (well what's left of it, anyway) that he used in concert.

Brian
I've been to two Weird Al concerts, but possess nothing but my memories. That's awesome.