Tuesday, November 3, 2015 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

mikeyb
Zergalicious

Re: Tuesday, November 3, 2015 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by mikeyb »

This Is Kirk! wrote:A big couple weeks for Seattle in FJs. First the Space Needle, now Boeing. I'll be looking for Bill Gates or Starbucks sometime next week.

Since I live in Seattle and work for Boeing this was possibly the easiest Final Jeopardy question for me ever.
I work with your travel department (CTD) on occasion!

I swore I'd never miss another question pertaining either to Seattle or aviation, and fortunately, one Final allowed me to keep my pledge on both. :D

Fun game to watch, and congrats to the old and new champ. Even with geography as one of my stronger fields, those "bordering country" categories always kill me, because it's hard for me to visualize maps that quickly. I managed to go 4/5 on this one, though.
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

mikeyb wrote:I swore I'd never miss another question pertaining either to Seattle or aviation, and fortunately, one Final allowed me to keep my pledge on both. :D
Pledges like that are never kept. They just haven't been broken yet.
Silverfox
Don't Step on My Tail!

Post by Silverfox »

A fun game for me. FJ-when I heard Seattle and aviation, I went straight to Boeing. Might have been too easy for a FJ.
Be alert. Stupid never takes a day off!
silverscreentest
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by silverscreentest »

MitchO wrote:Oh, poor Laika. That story ... I get upset every time I think about it.

Since I (apparently) use any opportunity on this board to promote geek troubadour extraordinaire Jonathan Coulton, I'll use this opportunity to leave this here: Jonathan's re-imagining of Space Oddity, with Laika replacing Major Tom in the story. Awkward title, beautiful song ... I present to you "Space Doggity":

(The visuals in this video are actually from another song)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsV-qozMz9A
Guess what Malashenkov?
I took the collar off
Im holding my own leash
And walking myself outside
This door
I dont think
I want to be a good dog anymore.
There was a 2007 graphic novel by Nick Abadzis about Laika, that was partially fictional, from a stray on the streets of Moscow to outer space.
Silver Screen Test, my movie trivia game show. Watch some of the episodes On-Demand.
MitchO
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MitchO »

silverscreentest wrote:There was a 2007 graphic novel by Nick Abadzis about Laika, that was partially fictional, from a stray on the streets of Moscow to outer space.
Have it, read it, love it, gave a copy to Coulton for his birthday at a show a few years back. :D