LL67 (For the LLamas Among Us)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Have you met your LL referrer in real life?

Yes, we know each other for a reason unrelated to Jeopardy!
29%
Yes, I met them at a Jeopardy!-related event
19%
Yes, but we only met after they referred me
5%
No
48%

Total votes: 86

Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Re: LL67 (For the LLamas Among Us)

Post by Woof »

ThreeIfByAir wrote:Anybody else put down the wrong island? Just me? Note to self: Bora Bora is indeed an island in French Polynesia, but it's a lot smaller than Tahiti...
I had to talk myself out of New Caldedonia being a) an island and b) part of French Polynesia. Once that was accomplished, Tahiti was the next choice for me. Bora Bora never crossed my mind.

This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

BigDaddyMatty wrote: Depending on the outcome of this week's J! episodes, Chorizo N may be populated with two ToC champions. We already have a fella by the name of MeliaD.
What the heck is Chorizo N?

goldenboy
Valued Contributor

Post by goldenboy »

I'm in Rundle C Frontier.

SwanShadow
Jeopardy! TOCer

Post by SwanShadow »

This Is Kirk! wrote:
BigDaddyMatty wrote: Depending on the outcome of this week's J! episodes, Chorizo N may be populated with two ToC champions. We already have a fella by the name of MeliaD.
Chorizo N = C Horizon.
Michael Rankins
ToC '88; Super J! '90; BoBAB '98; UToC '05; BotD Fan Favorite Reject, '14

dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

Woof wrote:
ThreeIfByAir wrote:Anybody else put down the wrong island? Just me? Note to self: Bora Bora is indeed an island in French Polynesia, but it's a lot smaller than Tahiti...
I had to talk myself out of New Caldedonia being a) an island and b) part of French Polynesia. Once that was accomplished, Tahiti was the next choice for me. Bora Bora never crossed my mind.
Considering that New Caledonia *is* an island and a French possession in the South Pacific (but not in. French Polynesia), that must've been some good convincing!
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012

RandyG
Founder of the Royal House of JBoardie of the Month

Post by RandyG »

This Is Kirk! wrote:
chorizo-n.jpg
chorizo-n.jpg (13.99 KiB) Viewed 1457 times
"The COMPLETE GUIDE To Republican Ethics: tRump Edition" is right ===> here

plasticene
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by plasticene »

There was some kind of glitch in my referral GelbergD's MD7 match. Take a look at http://www.learnedleague.com/match.php?id=657533. Very bizarre! (At least for now. He's notified the Commissioner, so I'm sure it will be fixed soon.)

Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

dhkendall wrote:
Woof wrote:
Considering that New Caledonia *is* an island and a French possession in the South Pacific (but not in. French Polynesia), that must've been some good convincing!
Actually, the main island of New Caledonia is officially called Grande Terre. What steered me away from it is recalling its proximity to New Zealand which put it outside of the boundaries of Polynesia as I understand it.

reddpen
Thrice Unplucked from the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by reddpen »

lillypie82 wrote:
silverscreentest wrote:
lillypie82 wrote:
MikeDupee wrote:
econgator wrote: Not even Michael Dupee? And Josh Frumkin's ... brother?
Are you in Rookie Rundle 1 in Horizon?
I am! I'm finding out how terrible I am at trivia... I totally killed that Taylor Swift question today though :D

Referred by goatman, who I only know from this board, but who was nice enough to give me a referral despite my minimal participation here.
Just a friendly suggestion to not comment on questions until the match day is over. Even "those questions were easy" or "those questions were tough" may be a hint to someone.
DUH, I thought of that later after I posted. Apparently grading Ken Jennings' Tuesday Trivia for 9 years isn't enough to ingrain "Do not discuss current questions" in my mind :oops:
Lilly! Nice to see you here. (I'm late here too.)

Just to throw in some content... more data for the "Trust Your First Instinct" file:
--MD6 Q5, I type in The Faerie Queene, then look at the characters again and second-guess myself with Pilgrim's Progress. Cost me three points and the match.
--MD7 Q6, I type in Sun Yat-Sen, then look at "revolutionary" again and second-guess myself with Mao Zedong. Cost me two points, but not the match as I pulled out a 4(2)-4(4) tie when my opp gave me three for Tahiti.

As of MD6 I've hit bottom of A Continental so have nowhere to go but up (the tie didn't help much except my psyche), and I like my chances today.

For the Johns I tried Daniel's, Walker and Cash.
Back in the pool

jjwaymee

Post by jjwaymee »

econgator wrote:
sarisson wrote:How did 90% of LLamas get Top Gun?!
Honestly, given Iceman and Goose, I'm surprised it wasn't north of 95%.
I had it after Viper and Jester, without even reading the rest of the clue. I'm a child of the 80s.

jjwaymee

Post by jjwaymee »

dhkendall wrote:
econgator wrote:
jjwaymee wrote:I would love to be able see the percentages of correct vs incorrect answers on the Euchre question for people from Michigan vs people not from Michigan.
Not from Michigan, but 8 years in the Navy means I have played just about every card game known to man (although the main ones were Hearts, Spades, Euchre, and Pinochle. Or Cribbage if there were only two of us.).
You e never played 3 person cribbage? Or four (requiring teams)? I play that frequently, especially since there are four people in our house (including the kids) who enjoy cribbage.

And why Michigan for euchre?
Not saying it's only Michigan, but as a lifelong resident I know very few people who don't know how to play Euchre. That is all.

dnbguy

Post by dnbguy »

I got sugar mixed up with alcohol on Match Day 6. I also couldn't name two Taylor Swift albums on Match Day 7. I have a TD question right now asking for a Taylor Swift song. It's been a long week.

RandyG
Founder of the Royal House of JBoardie of the Month

Post by RandyG »

dnbguy wrote:... I also couldn't name two Taylor Swift albums on Match Day 7. I have a TD question right now asking for a Taylor Swift song...
That's how I knew half of a correct answer on the LL albums question -- thx -- while still having no clue regarding the TD individual songs.
"The COMPLETE GUIDE To Republican Ethics: tRump Edition" is right ===> here

BigDaddyMatty
Save Me, Maggie!

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

dnbguy wrote:I got sugar mixed up with alcohol on Match Day 6.
I hear that's dangerous. The whole "jungle juice" effect and all.
Sprinkles are for winners.

Lampy

Post by Lampy »

Here's 8, y'all, this time with our first GUEST STAR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1rK-id0uCc

jfrumkin
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by jfrumkin »

A 2(3)-1(2) win in A is about as unexpected a win as I could hope to get. It's also some killer defense being played on both sides.
Twitter: @jfrumkin

Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

My 33/33/33/90 on Pacino paid off nicely...considering they were all right. (I went with Dog Day Afternoon)
And then I go and muck things up thinking e starts 2.17 instead of 2.71
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): What Dreams May Come (8), Parasite (10), Gods and Generals (6), Sausage Party (8)

This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

Lampy wrote:Here's 8, y'all, this time with our first GUEST STAR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1rK-id0uCc
Nicely done, again. U Thant was definitely what led me to Myanmar.

The math question did me in. My opponent and I got the same five correct (both missing Brooks), but I assigned the math question a three and she assigned it zero. Her math score was near the bottom and I didn't think the value of e would be so well known. It's not the kid of thing most of us need to use in normal life.

jfrumkin
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by jfrumkin »

Volante wrote:My 33/33/33/90 on Pacino paid off nicely...considering they were all right. (I went with Dog Day Afternoon)
And then I go and muck things up thinking e starts 2.17 instead of 2.71
I had two questions yesterday that played off of things that happened to me on Jeopardy. My one (horribly failed) attempt at humor in answering a question was one about the Attica uprising and I tried to do the Pacino "Attica!" but went half-measure and, afterwards, everyone asked me why I sort-of yelled that answer but no others. So I had to go with Dog Day Afternoon over the others on that one. The other was I had a question that I missed about the town where Hearst Castle is in and my wife, a native Californian, gave me crap, so having no idea on this question and seeing "palatial" in the clue, I figured it was as good a guess as any (but it actually ended up being a better guess than any).
Twitter: @jfrumkin

This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

jfrumkin wrote:The other was I had a question that I missed about the town where Hearst Castle is in and my wife, a native Californian, gave me crap, so having no idea on this question and seeing "palatial" in the clue, I figured it was as good a guess as any (but it actually ended up being a better guess than any).
The "palatial" hint didn't even register with me until you just mentioned it!