LL67 (For the LLamas Among Us)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Have you met your LL referrer in real life?

Yes, we know each other for a reason unrelated to Jeopardy!
29%
Yes, I met them at a Jeopardy!-related event
19%
Yes, but we only met after they referred me
5%
No
48%

Total votes: 86

alietr
Site Admin

Re: LL67 (For the LLamas Among Us)

Post by alietr »

How the &*%&)@! can Raj know "Jem and the Holograms" and NOT get Guthrie!!?!? Didn't matter anyway, but it made my loss look much worse.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

The part saying "note: name the state " took me away from Oklahoma because the capital is Oklahoma City...and that's how I snagged defeat from the jaws of victory.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
squizzle
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by squizzle »

Wowza, yesterday was tough. I got 0(0), nobody else in my rundle got more than three. With get percentages at 29-46-59-10-5-43 this definitely seems like one of the hardest match days I've ever played.

On another note, "Pussy Riot: The Early Years" did not get a BWA nod.
StevenH
Not J! Contestant Material

Post by StevenH »

This week had been absolutely brutal for me, but I managed a 3(3)-0(1) win yesterday. I needed it!
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

This Is Kirk! wrote:MD15 was one of the most difficult days I recall. The only answer I knew for certain was Schroedinger. I was pretty sure on Oklahoma. Those were the only two I got right.

I'm getting my butt kicked lately. 1-7-0 in my last eight matches.
I agree. I really struggled with those questions. I got another lucky get with Kit-Kat. I had no idea that it anything to do with 18th C Whigs but couldn't think of any other term for a portrait that would possibly fit. It's telling that there were no 9(6)s in my Rundle and only one or two 7(5)s.
Woof

Post by Woof »

seaborgium wrote:I almost said Max Planck, but I remembered a recent J! clue that said he was German, not Austrian, and so I hunted for other Teutonic names, and once I came up with Schroedinger (I like to be diligent with diacritics, but I just felt like "oe" this time), I decided that made a lot of sense.
I'm usually happy with Thorsten's science questions, but referring to a wavefunction as a "probability wave" is just plain wrong. And referring to the Hamiltonian operator as "the forces acting upon it" isn't doing anyone any favors, either.
teapot37
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by teapot37 »

Tied at 2(2) yesterday; I got both 1s and he got the 0 and the 2. Weird.
Not many people can say they've lost four times on Jeopardy!.
hbomb1947
Still hoping to get on Jeopardy! while my age is in double digits

Post by hbomb1947 »

Whatever one might say about the Q-factor of Berthe Morisot, can we all agree that "Kit-Cat" was incredibly obscure?

On another note, my incorrect guess for the Austrian physicist was Pauli.
Follow me on twitter, even though I rarely tweet! https://twitter.com/hbomb_worldwide
caknuck
Jarlsberger

Post by caknuck »

hbomb1947 wrote:Whatever one might say about the Q-factor of Berthe Morisot, can we all agree that "Kit-Cat" was incredibly obscure?
I tried for a BWA with "Trouserless Bastards".
@caknuck
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

'Jem and the Pussycats'...didn't get MCW credit for it either.
So, important tip, always go over your answers, even the ones you just know you got right. In fact, -especially- go over those.

Least my film score likely encouraged my opponent to give me 0 for it so no harm, no foul.
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
Lampy

Post by Lampy »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2rM9DNkBkM

Truly truly truly outrageous. Also, my beard has a LITTLE red in it but is not Rupert Grint-colored like it appears in this video.
caknuck
Jarlsberger

Post by caknuck »

Lampy wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2rM9DNkBkM

Truly truly truly outrageous. Also, my beard has a LITTLE red in it but is not Rupert Grint-colored like it appears in this video.
@caknuck
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

I have come to the conclusion that if you make a Venn diagram of my humor and Thorsten's, there would be two non-intersecting circles. As a result, it has made me curious about what it would be like to meet him.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

hbomb1947 wrote: can we all agree that "Kit-Cat" was incredibly obscure?
I have heard of it, but had no real context for it. This was one of the hardest days overall and one of the hardest to defend. Nothing really jumped out as a 0.
mennoknight

Post by mennoknight »

alietr wrote:I have come to the conclusion that if you make a Venn diagram of my humor and Thorsten's, there would be two non-intersecting circles. As a result, it has made me curious about what it would be like to meet him.
Amen to this - I think it would be a fun social experiment.
I eat chicken. That's what I do.
Lampy

Post by Lampy »

dinghammer wrote:
Lampy wrote:Matchday 14 / referendum on my parenting skills incoming!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl-2fqrPSC4
Are the other open tabs things you were actually looking up, or are they just hilarious Easter eggs for us? Because the ones in this video made me laugh when I noticed them.
I'll never tell.
StevenH
Not J! Contestant Material

Post by StevenH »

Schrodinger, Foreman, and Oklahoma were instant gets for me, but I had zero chance at the other three. A tough day for sure, but definitely not the hardest ever.
ThreeIfByAir
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by ThreeIfByAir »

I laughed when I read Q1. I just referred one of my new work colleagues for LL68, and the company I've recently started working for has molecular dynamics at the very heart of what we do. Plus, we distribute some products through a company elsewhere in our building called Schrodinger. No way I was missing that one.
Woof

Post by Woof »

ThreeIfByAir wrote:I laughed when I read Q1. I just referred one of my new work colleagues for LL68, and the company I've recently started working for has molecular dynamics at the very heart of what we do. Plus, we distribute some products through a company elsewhere in our building called Schrodinger. No way I was missing that one.
Too funny! Some of the software I helped write in grad school is marketed through Schrodinger. A couple of my friends still work for them (I think).
Cat Hammarskjold
Feline Secretary-General

Post by Cat Hammarskjold »

hbomb1947 wrote:Whatever one might say about the Q-factor of Berthe Morisot, can we all agree that "Kit-Cat" was incredibly obscure?
I was so sure that the answer was going to be Jacobite that I only gave my opponent one point on this. I hadn't heard of that type of portrait, either.