Friday, November 27, 2015 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

brick
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Friday, November 27, 2015 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by brick »

dhkendall wrote:
caknuck wrote:Jeopardy! was preempted by high school football in the Dallas market. :|
Excusable, as there really is nothing more important to Texans.

"We now interrupt the coverage of Kennedy's assassination to bring you high school football!"

Judges: TYPES OF COMEDY $200: While I agree "improv" is the best answer, would "impromptu" fit?
I'm not sure. Improv is short for improvisational.... impromptu means something different.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

dhkendall wrote:
caknuck wrote:Jeopardy! was preempted by high school football in the Dallas market. :|
Excusable, as there really is nothing more important to Texans.

"We now interrupt the coverage of Kennedy's assassination to bring you high school football!"

Judges: TYPES OF COMEDY $200: While I agree "improv" is the best answer, would "impromptu" fit?
"impromptu comedy" is a phrase that exists, and impromptu is a synonym for ad-lib, which is probably enough for TPTB
You'd get the stink eye equivalent of text in the daily thread if you said that on air though.
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
BigDaddyMatty
Hoping not to get pruney this time

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

J! was preempted here in DFW for high school football playoffs, because Texas. I see that the game is up on the Archive, but if anyone cares to PM me a link to the episode, I'd be much obliged.
Sprinkles are for winners.
BigDaddyMatty
Hoping not to get pruney this time

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

Coryat: $43,600
51(!) R/1 W
DD: 3/3
FJ: Instaget
LT: E.L. James, North Dakota, Rick Warren, Blackberry (DD), Massachusetts, 60' 6", pawnbrokers, applesauce, West Nile virus

What WHAT! That's what I'm talkin' about! Fifty right, if only for a night.
Sprinkles are for winners.