"500 questions" is casting for season 2

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

VoluptuousLoser
Valued Contributor

Re: "500 questions" is casting for season 2

Post by VoluptuousLoser »

MarkBarrett wrote:
VoluptuousLoser wrote:Taping is complete. New host is Dan Harris.

There will likely be controversy about an unethical decision the producers made with respect to casting. I'll leave it at that.
The Wikipedia page for the show has end of S1 player Richard Mason returning for season 2, so that has to be true. It must be something else. :)
I can neither confirm nor deny. Actually, I could do one of those things.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

There will likely be controversy about an unethical decision the producers made with respect to casting. I'll leave it at that.
Since there is likely to be controversy, will that unethical decision be obvious to viewers?
Total game show career losings = $171,522
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

triviawayne wrote:

Since there is likely to be controversy, will that unethical decision be obvious to viewers?
As I am fairly sure it is "the current champ doesn't return", yeah.
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

News is getting out that
Spoiler
Ken Jennings
will be a contestant. The show returns on May 26. ABC is going game show crazy with Pyramid (Strahan), Match Game (A. Baldwin), To Tell the Truth (A. Andersen), and Celebrity Family Feud (Harvey).
MitchO

Post by MitchO »

Austin Powers

Post by Austin Powers »

And to tie it all together, the first contestant is Jennings, who is replacing Richard Mason (which was news to Richard Mason).
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Unless they have made significant rule changes, having Ken go first gives him a significant advantage.
xxaaaxx

Post by xxaaaxx »

The old host was awful. I don't much care for Nightline, but Dan Harris can't possibly be worse; even boring and slow would be an improvement over grating and annoying.
alietr wrote:Unless they have made significant rule changes, having Ken go first gives him a significant advantage.
If they haven't, I don't think I'll even finish watchng episode 1. Not really interested in watching so many challengers stuck twiddling their thumbs and mostly walking away with nothing.
Austin Powers

Post by Austin Powers »

alietr wrote:Unless they have made significant rule changes, having Ken go first gives him a significant advantage.
He's flabby and out of practice. Happens when you don't have to compete to get onto these affairs.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

xxaaaxx wrote:The old host was awful. I don't much care for Nightline, but Dan Harris can't possibly be worse; even boring and slow would be an improvement over grating and annoying.
In the spirit of today: So in other words Richard Quest:Dan Harris::Jar Jar Binks:an AT-AT
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
Rex Kramer
Jeopardy! TOCer

Post by Rex Kramer »

Austin Powers wrote:
He's flabby and out of practice. Happens when you don't have to compete to get onto these affairs.
To be fair, it also happens when you do have to compete to not get onto these affairs.

Rex
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

I saw a promo spot on ABC last night and spotted a couple of players (real quick, but sure looked like them) from the TOC class of 2010 and someone from MSQ (not to mention J! and others), but my favorite was the audience shot from last season used again.
mrbungle

Post by mrbungle »

MarkBarrett wrote:I saw a promo spot on ABC last night and spotted a couple of players (real quick, but sure looked like them) from the TOC class of 2010 and someone from MSQ (not to mention J! and others), but my favorite was the audience shot from last season used again.
it should be interesting to see who's on the show!
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

mrbungle wrote:
MarkBarrett wrote:I saw a promo spot on ABC last night and spotted a couple of players (real quick, but sure looked like them) from the TOC class of 2010 and someone from MSQ (not to mention J! and others), but my favorite was the audience shot from last season used again.
I'll keep an eye out for anyone I recognize from Who's Still Standing? as well. ;)
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

Or they didn't let last year's audience leave.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
mrbungle

Post by mrbungle »

MarkBarrett wrote:I'll keep an eye out for anyone I recognize from Who's Still Standing? as well. ;)
winky wink wink, MarkBarrett!!
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

mrbungle wrote:
Fingers crossed!!!
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

dhkendall wrote:
They will remain in their seats until we get through 500 questions dammit!
Total game show career losings = $171,522
Rex Kramer
Jeopardy! TOCer

Post by Rex Kramer »

dhkendall wrote:
It only felt like that.