Thursday, December 10, 2015 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

SavoyGirl
One Day Wonder, Class of 1996

Re: Thursday, December 10, 2015 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by SavoyGirl »

hbomb1947 wrote:
BigDaddyMatty wrote:
dhkendall wrote:
Bamaman wrote: Plus, I'm sure he'll take being 23 years old over being 53 years old. :D
Hey, I'm turning 60 this week. I'd take being 53!

alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

SavoyGirl wrote:
hbomb1947 wrote:
BigDaddyMatty wrote:
dhkendall wrote:
Bamaman wrote: Plus, I'm sure he'll take being 23 years old over being 53 years old. :D
Hey, I'm turning 60 this week. I'd take being 53!
Happy Upcoming Birthday!

Sherm
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Sherm »

RichmondJ wrote:In December 1999 Sports Illustrated did a big awards show called "The 20th Century Awards." (Don't tell me that at the end of 1999 there was still a year to go in the 20th Century; tell SI.) Among other awards, etc. they named the 10 top sports moments of the century. They named the Miracle on Ice as number one. Subjective and debatable whether it should have been number one, of course, but the Miracle on Ice was a very big deal.
ESPN did one of their 30 for 30 movies on the miracle on ice last year. It was really good, because it all came from the Russian side of things. It had nothing to do with the American team. When asked about how big of a deal that game was the Russians really thought nothing much about it other than being upset about losing a game when they knew they were the better team. One of the players said something to the effect of "if you got to kiss Sophia Loren 30 years ago, it may be something you would brag about the rest of your life, but if you ask Sophia Loren about some person that kissed her 30 years ago. She probably doesn't remember it at all. It really wasn't that big of a deal."

I found that interesting.