LL68 Referrals

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

goatman
Man Who Stares At Goats!

LL68 Referrals

Post by goatman »

Season is open for Learned League 68 coming in Feb! Participation is by referral only; you can get these from Boardies, until 31 Jan 2016.
Interested parties post in this thread if you want to try your luck in LL68; each LLama gets one referral but we have many LL Boardies! ... "Happy... Winter... " ;)

From Thorsten A. Integrity:
Hello! I'm sending this note to all leaguers currently registered for LL68, to confirm your registration*, and as a call for referrals for new players. Invitations for new players will be sent beginning on February 1, so if you have a prospective player you think would enjoy the wild excitement of LL, please visit the page linked below to view the terms and conditions for referring, and submit the name and email address.

http://www.learnedleague.com/thorsten/referral.php

Spots are limited for new players, so if you have any referrals, please submit them before February 1. If you've already submitted a referral via the LL website, it should be reflected on the referral page, and you do not need to submit again. You will be notified when your referral's invitation is sent, and are expected to be your referral's initial primary resource for all LL-related questions.

LL68 begins on February 22. The deadline for registration (and withdrawal) is 5:00pm GMT on Wednesday, February 17.

Happy Winter!

Yours,
Thorsten
The corridors of my mind are plastered with 3M Post-It notes!

ilcap
Valued Contributor

Re: LL68 Referrals

Post by ilcap »

I am dying to get in this thing. Dying. I swear I'll be good.

MarkyMarkm
Valued Contributor

Post by MarkyMarkm »

So this is where we bribe potential referrers with all sorts of e-goodies? Or is there some sort of draconian regulation against that?

MinnesotaMyron
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

ilcap wrote:I am dying to get in this thing. Dying. I swear I'll be good.
Can you get pms after only 2 posts? I'll set you up; my other 3 referrals were perfect strangers too. You know the twin precepts of don't forfeit/don't cheat, right? You'll play every day, and not google/wiki answers? If so, I gotcha covered.

BigDaddyMatty
Save Me, Maggie!

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

MarkyMarkm wrote:So this is where we bribe potential referrers with all sorts of e-goodies? Or is there some sort of draconian regulation against that?
I can be bought gently persuaded.
Sprinkles are for winners.

ilcap
Valued Contributor

Post by ilcap »

MinnesotaMyron wrote:
ilcap wrote:I am dying to get in this thing. Dying. I swear I'll be good.
Can you get pms after only 2 posts? I'll set you up; my other 3 referrals were perfect strangers too. You know the twin precepts of don't forfeit/don't cheat, right? You'll play every day, and not google/wiki answers? If so, I gotcha covered.
I think PMs will work for me, and yeah, I'll play fair. Scout's honor.

MarkyMarkm
Valued Contributor

Post by MarkyMarkm »

BigDaddyMatty wrote:
MarkyMarkm wrote:So this is where we bribe potential referrers with all sorts of e-goodies? Or is there some sort of draconian regulation against that?
Hah, well, while I won't make any grandiose proclamations about my future performance, I would love to take my "talents" to LL. I, too, promise to abide by the rules, and play every day.

BigDaddyMatty
Save Me, Maggie!

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

MarkyMarkm wrote:
BigDaddyMatty wrote:
Hah, well, while I won't make any grandiose proclamations about my future performance, I would love to take my "talents" to LL. I, too, promise to abide by the rules, and play every day.
Sold! PM me your full name and email address.
Sprinkles are for winners.

Armandillo
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Armandillo »

Since I am nice enough to create TDs, and my friends are rotten enough to not invite me, can I PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get an invite? :)

I promise to follow the rules and not beat you too soundly!!!!

My private messages work :P

jev15
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by jev15 »

Probably bad form to ask for a favor with my first post, but here goes anyway. I've been lurking on this board for a long time and would love to join LL. I'm an inveterate rule-follower, and way too competitive to ever forfeit.

barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by barandall800 »

Armandillo wrote:Since I am nice enough to create TDs, and my friends are rotten enough to not invite me, can I PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get an invite? :)

I promise to follow the rules and not beat you too soundly!!!!

My private messages work :P
I'm just a lowly peon with only two seasons under my belt, but I'd be happy to refer you. Shoot me a PM with your full name and email (I think? Just going off what I see other people doing...), and I'll figure out this whole referral thing. :)

Peachbox
Sports Jeopardy! Contestant

Post by Peachbox »

I'm keen on joining Learned League; I've tried previous questions on my own with middling (to me) results, but playing will only make me better, right? :)

DefCon4
Contributor

Post by DefCon4 »

jev15 wrote:Probably bad form to ask for a favor with my first post, but here goes anyway. I've been lurking on this board for a long time and would love to join LL. I'm an inveterate rule-follower, and way too competitive to ever forfeit.
Same for me (I'm sure this is bad form, but I've been envious of you LLers for a long time!). I've been lurking here for a while, have done a number of the LL sample questions, hate hate hate forfeiting, and don't understand the point of cheating. I'm as competitive against myself as I am anyone else.

MinnesotaMyron
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

Might I suggest a post to the Introduce Yourself Here thread?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=189

If your first and only post is a request for an LL referral, you're probably not going to get many bites. Players are responsible for vouching for their referrals. Total stranger is one thing, but 1 post on a message board with a generic handle is quite another.

(Protip: don't post how you "think you might check out those TD games". We got burned by that a while ago.)

BulgarianBeast
Valued Contributor

Post by BulgarianBeast »

I would love to try my luck in LL, if one of you would be so kind as to refer me. PM would work if anyone is interested. Thanks in advance! :)

hbomb1947
Still hoping to get on Jeopardy! while my age is in double digits

Post by hbomb1947 »

I have a referral available. If you're interested, PM me and if I don't already know you, please include a brief description of your trivia background and why you're interested in Learned League, as well as a pledge that you will abide by the rules (including not cheating, and following through on the commitment and not forfeiting matches).
Follow me on twitter, even though I rarely tweet! https://twitter.com/hbomb_worldwide

SBurrus

Post by SBurrus »

I wudn't mind giving this thing a whirl. Can't say I'd perform more than average but it sounds like fun. If not this year, then maybe next...but if anyone has a referral available, I'm very interested.

thethirdmoose
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by thethirdmoose »

Hi everyone, I just got my jeopardy audition invitation and I am trying to do all the trivia I can to get in shape - I would love an LL invitation, and I will 100% commit to playing honorably every day.

mrexley
Valued Contributor

Post by mrexley »

If anyone has an available referral, I would appreciate it. Thanks!
Learned League: KimEd

MitchO

Post by MitchO »

I don't know how you folks can safely make a commitment to definitely be able to answer every day. I'd love to LL, even though I'm pretty sure I would fall to a decently low group ... but I'm a single Dad. There are just too many days where between work and home, I'm not on a computer with the mental energy to do it.