Thursday, February 11, 2016 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

OrangeSAM
(Unranked)

Re: Thursday, February 11, 2016 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by OrangeSAM »

opusthepenguin wrote:Here you go, everyone. Watch it again as Niki starts the video with $2400. I think "In the Hall of the Mountain King" is the trigger music that unleashes her superpowers.

WOW.
Seeing this again, it struck me that after a clue or two, Alex picked up his pace as well. Hardly fazed him.
OCSam
TomKBaltimoreBoy
Lucky to be Here

Post by TomKBaltimoreBoy »

Love the video, opus; shared it with the contestants group on Facebook.
Life IS pain, Princess. Anyone telling you differently is selling something.
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

TomKBaltimoreBoy wrote:Love the video, opus; shared it with the contestants group on Facebook.
I tweeted it to Niki and hopefully followed BobF's instructions properly. I'm not sure how to tell if I was successful.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

BigDaddyMatty wrote: Many times, a player in a distant third after the first day of a two-day final comes back to win the whole thing.
I think Alex says this because the 1987 and 1988 ToCs were won by the player who finished the first final match in third. The third place comeback was solidified in his mind as a frequent occurrence at that point, and no number of times it doesn't happen will dislodge it from there.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

seaborgium wrote:
BigDaddyMatty wrote: Many times, a player in a distant third after the first day of a two-day final comes back to win the whole thing.
I think Alex says this because the 1987 and 1988 ToCs were won by the player who finished the first final match in third. The third place comeback was solidified in his mind as a frequent occurrence at that point, and no number of times it doesn't happen will dislodge it from there.
So... Illusory correlation?
http://lifehacker.com/the-illusory-corr ... 1755442156
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Shadows (5), Foxy Brown (7), Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6)