LL68: For the LLamas

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Re: LL68: For the LLamas

Post by This Is Kirk! »

mpahu wrote:
teapot37 wrote:
Woof wrote:
alietr wrote:
This Is Kirk! wrote:For those who got the Greek Islands question correct what was your answer? Mine was Lesbos.
Ditto.
Yup.
Nearly went Mykonos, but I also chose Lesbos.
Add me to the Lesbos crowd.
Interesting. When I saw the three correct answers I thought Rhodes would be the one most people would have gone with.

skullturf
Married to a Jeopardy! Champion

Post by skullturf »

I also said Lesbos, but not because of any current events. I just picked it because I had a vague memory of it being a bit bigger than the other islands around it.

OSXpert
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by OSXpert »

I had 4, 6, 12, 20 and was waffling between 8 and 16 and chose wrong. I shouldn't do my quizzes at 2AM.

I am surprised "The Girl is Mine" wasn't the MCW answer, since that is also a jackson mccartney duet, unlike ebony and ivory. I got "Say, Say, Say" though.

I put Mykonos, and it was somewhat Fleet Fox related that it was in my head.

dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

This Is Kirk! wrote:For those who got the Greek Islands question correct what was your answer? Mine was Lesbos.
I was waffling between Lesbos and Rhodes, quickly realized that I was merely rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic, and went with Rhodes as I figured out by then it was bigger and has a better chance of being right (Lesbos might've been fourth, but Rhodes sure as hell wasn't, that's a colossal island!)
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012

This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

dhkendall wrote:
I was waffling between Lesbos and Rhodes, quickly realized that I was merely rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic, and went with Rhodes as I figured out by then it was bigger and has a better chance of being right (Lesbos might've been fourth, but Rhodes sure as hell wasn't, that's a colossal island!)
Actually Lesbos is larger than Rhodes. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_i ... ce_by_size

ihavejeoprosy

Post by ihavejeoprosy »

Damn you and your defense Randyg
Please follow me on Twitter @Cinjeopardy
Total game show losings: $25 K

ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Post by ElendilPickle »

Rhodes here.

IIRC there was a Gore Vidal/William F. Buckley debate clip on a recent Alpaca Farm quiz, which helped me with the Vidal answer. No clue on the math question, though.

hbomb1947
Still hoping to get on Jeopardy! while my age is in double digits

Post by hbomb1947 »

I had Rhodes.

I succumbed to the MCWA on the Asian food question, despite the fact that I eat Indian food frequently. One thing that hurt me is that one of my favourite Indian appetizers is channa masala -- in fact, I ordered that during lunch at an Indian restaurant just yesterday (after I had submitted my responses). So the inclusion of "channa" in the clue steered me towards masala, although perhaps I should have known better since channa masala is chick pea-based and doesn't include lentils.

So entering today's action I'm 0 for 8 on food and drink questions this season, which is kinda fluky because food isn't my best subject but I'm not that uninformed about it.
Follow me on twitter, even though I rarely tweet! https://twitter.com/hbomb_worldwide

RandyG
Founder of the Royal House of JBoardie of the Month

Post by RandyG »

ihavejeoprosy wrote:Damn you and your defense Randyg
A defense of 3 on the math question and 0 on the food both seemed pretty obvious; the rest were a roll of the dice.

No surprise that in our 8 matches over 7 seasons as co-rundlers -- from R->C->B->A -- we're 3-3-2 head-to-head. Overall you're a little better on offense, while I'm a little better on defense. Looks like this may become a very long term pattern.
"The COMPLETE GUIDE To Republican Ethics: tRump Edition" is right ===> here

econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Rhodes

OSXpert

Post by OSXpert »

I had chutney for the food question, because it sounds like it should be chopped up. I'm pretty bad with remembering Indian food names, because instead of ordering off menus I mostly go to Indian buffets and eat... everything.

ihavejeoprosy

Post by ihavejeoprosy »

RandyG wrote:
ihavejeoprosy wrote:Damn you and your defense Randyg
A defense of 3 on the math question and 0 on the food both seemed pretty obvious; the rest were a roll of the dice.

No surprise that in our 8 matches over 7 seasons as co-rundlers -- from R->C->B->A -- we're 3-3-2 head-to-head. Overall you're a little better on offense, while I'm a little better on defense. Looks like this may become a very long term pattern.
Doesnt get closer than that. I think ive played the most games against you. i guess its going to be a long rivalry :lol:
Please follow me on Twitter @Cinjeopardy
Total game show losings: $25 K

mpahu
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by mpahu »

OSXpert wrote:I had chutney for the food question, because it sounds like it should be chopped up. I'm pretty bad with remembering Indian food names, because instead of ordering off menus I mostly go to Indian buffets and eat... everything.
I always do this, enjoy everything, then have no way to order it anywhere else because I was too busy eating to bother with the name.

goatman
Man Who Stares At Goats!

Post by goatman »

Having enjoyed my Dhal I completely forget it went with curry, DOH! Cost me top billing. :evil:
The corridors of my mind are plastered with 3M Post-It notes!

dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

I noticed just now that of the 22 in my rundle (D Continental Div 2), 7 (including yesterday's opponent, today's opponent and, of course, myself) are Canadian, and all but 1 are in the top 10 of the rundle! Approximately a third of us! (And not all have the same referral thread either)
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012

SBurrus

Post by SBurrus »

My undefeated week continues. Despite only answering 1 question correct (proteins), I won my MD18 match 2(1)-0(F). My opponent has been sporadic at participating, but did not answer anything yesterday. This moves me to 6-10-2 for the season, and into a 3-way tie for 18th place in my division.

mpahu
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by mpahu »

MD18: won 9(5)-3(3).

I still haven't drank my first beer, but I'll take my first O'Douls with pride.

Holocene Hero
Valued Contributor

Post by Holocene Hero »

Ha! First defensive victory and it's a good one, 7(3)-4(4).

Now I feel better about putting Celebrity Lip Sync instead of Lip Sync Battle.

alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Yes! I won a true Buckner, 5(2)-4(4)! He even gave me two points for the b-school question. Tepper was a classmate of mine. I saw that and my eyes went wide (both at the question as well as the points).

dnbguy

Post by dnbguy »

I had business written down, then changed it at the last second to law. Grr. Week 1 started so well for me, and it has gone downhill ever since.