TD 304: Back To School II -- Junior Year (Final Standings Revealed!)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

TD 304: Back To School II -- Junior Year (Final Standings Revealed!)

Post by barandall800 »

It may be the middle of summer, but it's never a bad time to go back to school. At least when it's just a Think Different game...

Welcome to TD 304, a sequel to my last game, "Back To School." You may wonder why it's Back To School II, but it's subtitled Junior Year...that's because this past year was my junior year. Sort of. I still have 2 years left before I graduate, so I don't even know what to call myself half the time.

Much like last year's edition, all these questions will be based, at least tangentially, on classes I took this past academic year here at Brigham Young University, in scenic Provo, Utah. (See below for an example of how scenic it is. :P) Since this year I took a lot more major-related classes and only had a few general education requirements to take care of, creating a diverse set of questions was a bit more of a challenge, but when it all comes down to it, there should be something here for everyone! A few rules and things to know before we begin classes...

1. Basic TD rules apply.
2. You may DROP one question for a score of 0.
3. You may also AUDIT a question, for the sheep (most popular answer) score on that question.
4. A few questions have EXTRA CREDIT (bonus) opportunities. Answering these extra credit questions is not required; however, there are no penalties for incorrect guesses here, so you might as well go for it! You do not need to have answered correctly the question the extra credit option is attached to.
5. You may notice several of these questions have various options/clues, but there are no letters. This is something I'm experimenting with, as letters have caused occasional issues in the past (both in my games and in others'). Hopefully this will be helpful and make the questions more accessible.
6. As always, no intentional outside research or cheating is allowed. Use only your brains.
7. DO NOT POST answers in this thread, nor post any comment that would give away an answer. Feel free to send me a PM if you need any clarifications that would give away an answer. I will be posting all of them relevant for everyone below.
8. Ties will be broken based on order of entry, which is based on the timestamp from when you submit the Google form.

Submissions will be due Tuesday, July 26, at 12 PM MDT. I will accept any late entries until I get ready to start the reveal.

Please submit via this Google form.

Enjoy your studies, and...Go Cougars! :)
Last edited by barandall800 on Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:10 pm, edited 19 times in total.

barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

Class Catalog (the questions)

Post by barandall800 »

Part I: Fall Semester

1. Contemporary Dance (DANCE 140)
Fall semester, I went well outside my comfort zone and took a contemporary dance class. It was a ton of fun. Contemporary dance has enjoyed a bit of a mainstream cultural breakthrough these past few years with shows like “So You Think You Can Dance” (which features some absolutely stunning contemporary routines). Name an artist who performed one of the following songs used for contemporary routines on “So You Think You Can Dance.” (For songs with more than one well-known artist, clarifying information is included below as a way of helping pin down which particular artist I’m asking for.) (12 possible answers)

-- “Jar of Hearts”
-- “Hallelujah” and “I Know It’s Over” (Singer-songwriter who died in a 1997 drowning accident at the age of 30)
-- “Fix You”
-- “Turning Tables”
-- “Total Eclipse of the Heart”
-- “Calling You” (French-Canadian superstar who currently has a Vegas residency)
-- “Europe, After the Rain”
-- “Like Real People Do”
-- “Angel” (Canadian singer-songwriter who appears in ads for the ASPCA)
-- “Gravity” (Female singer, songwriter, and pianist who wrote the music for a Tony-nominated musical currently on Broadway)
-- “Mercy” (One-named Welsh female singer; this song was a hit in 2008)
-- “Dreaming With A Broken Heart”

2. Creative Writing (ENGL 218R)
In my creative writing class during our creative non-fiction unit, we read an essay by Brian Doyle called “His Last Game,” which featured memories of his late brother (including their shared passion for basketball). We also read a poem by Edward Hirsch called "Fast Break," also about basketball. Name a team that has won the NBA Finals beginning in 1980 (the year after the Seattle SuperSonics, now known as the Oklahoma City Thunder, won). (11 possible answers)

3. Civilization: Music 1 (MUSIC 201)
This was a broad civilization survey-type class that, true to its name, focused primarily on music up to the 1700s, but also covered a lot of art and history as well. A very interesting figure we discussed was St. Hildegard of Bingen (1098-1179), an abbess who composed music, wrote about natural science and philosophy, wrote one of the first morality plays, and was a noted visionary and mystic, among other things. Her works Physica and Causae et curae were seminal medical writings of the medieval era. Today, medical knowledge & practice has greatly advanced since the time of Hildegard. Name the location (state if in the United States, and country if outside the United States) of one of the following hospitals/clinics. (12 possible answers)

-- Bellevue Hospital Center (this is its former name; it was renamed in 2015)
-- Groote Schuur Hospital
-- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
-- Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
-- Hirslanden Klinik Hirslanden
-- HonorHealth Scottsdale Osborn Medical Center
-- Mayo Clinic (their flagship location)
-- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
-- Albert Schweitzer Hospital
-- Intermountain Primary Children’s Medical Center
-- Hadassah Medical Center (they have two campuses; both are in the same country)
-- Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center & Children’s Hospital

4. Concert Choir (MUSIC 314R)
This past year, I had the privilege of singing in the BYU Concert Choir. We sang a lot of interesting, exciting, absolutely beautiful songs. One of the more out-of-the-box ones we did was a song by none other than Dolly Parton, “Light of a Clear Blue Morning.” Answer one of the following pieces of Dolly-related trivia by naming: (13 possible answers)

-- The Whitney Houston hit from “The Bodyguard” soundtrack that Dolly famously wrote, and had a hit with herself.
-- The fellow country singer who gave Dolly a spot on his weekly TV show in 1967, helping her gain fame (she coincidentally wrote the above song about the end of their professional relationship).
-- The Disney Channel sitcom, named after a semi-fictional singer, where Dolly recurred as the title character’s “Aunt Dolly,” a nod to her role as the godmother to the singer/actress who played that character.
-- The WB sitcom, this time named after a real-life singer, where Dolly guest-starred as a ruthless real-estate agent.
-- The city in Tennessee where Dolly’s namesake theme park Dollywood is located.
-- One of the two singers Dolly recorded with on two “Trio” albums.
-- The singer she dueted with on “Islands In The Stream.”
-- The name of the beautician Dolly played in “Steel Magnolias.” (First name only is fine.)
-- The down-to-earth title of Dolly’s latest album (her 43rd), to be released in August.
-- One of the two songs Dolly has written that have been nominated for an Academy Award for Best Original Song (one is from 1980, the other from 2005).
-- The title of the 2015 NBC holiday special based on Dolly’s early life.

5. Pioneers & Persecution 1846-99 (REL C 342)
In this class about LDS Church history during the latter half of the 19th century, one of the key threads we learned about was Utah’s long journey to statehood. Name a U.S. state granted admission to the Union after Utah in 1896, one of these states’ capitals, or the U.S. President who admitted Utah into the Union. (11 possible answers)

6. Intro to Spanish Literature (SPAN 339)
In my Intro to Spanish Literature class, we read a variety of Spanish-language works, as well as watched some Spanish-language or Spanish language-related films like “Il postino” and “Under the Same Moon.” Name a Latin American nominated for an Academy Award in one of the following categories: Best Actor (lead & supporting), Best Actress (lead & supporting), and Best Director. (See below for helpful clarifications on the criteria/sources I'm using.) (18 possible answers)

EXTRA CREDIT (-2 points): Name the only Uruguayan to win an Academy Award, for Best Original Song in 2004 for “Al otro lado del rio.”

Part II: Winter Semester

7. Writing Fiction (ENGL 318R)
In my fiction writing class, we focused exclusively on short fiction, not on novels. However, given that last time I asked about short stories and it didn’t work out so well, I thought I’d make this question a little more accessible this time around. Recent years have seen a large increase in fantasy/dystopian series for children and teens. At least three of those series stand out in particular (and have all been adapted into popular film series as well). Name a novel from one of the following hit young adult/children’s book series: the series about a boy wizard by J.K. Rowling, the dystopian series featuring children battling to the death by Suzanne Collins, or the vampire/werewolf romance series by Stephenie Meyer. (14 possible answers)

8. Ballroom Dance, International Latin, Beginning (DANCE 185)
Another detour out of my comfort zone, this time inspired by my love for watching ballroom dance. Things started off kind of rocky for me, but I ended up being a much better dancer (we learned the rumba and the samba) than I thought I was. Kind of like the journey of the celebrities on “Dancing With the Stars”...at least a little. Name one of the 22 celebrity winners of the U.S. version of “Dancing With The Stars.” (22 possible answers)

EXTRA CREDIT (-2 points): Name one of the 13 celebrity winners of its UK counterpart “Strictly Come Dancing.” Gain 2 additional points off for each additional winner you can correctly name, up to a total of 5 for 10 points off. (You can submit up to 5 guesses.)

9. French Choir (FREN 346R)
I don’t speak French. My French knowledge is pretty darn limited. Still, I needed one more credit in my schedule, so I took part in this choir last semester. It was a ton of fun (and very welcoming towards those of us who weren’t so French-inclined), and I did learn a few new things. Name a president of France in the Fourth or Fifth French Republic (that is, since 1947). (There was one interim president during this time, who served twice. He will be accepted as a correct answer.) (10 possible answers)

10. Writing About the Arts and Humanities (ENGL 311)
This was an advanced writing class I was required to take for my final general education requirement. (I later found out since I changed my major to English, the major-specific advanced writing class I took this summer counted for the same requirement. Hmph.) One of the projects we undertook was writing a polished resume and cover letter. Identify one of the following people based on a brief summary of notable jobs/roles/titles they have held. (12 possible answers)

-- Prime Minister of the UK (2016-present), UK Home Secretary (2010-2016)
-- U.S. Senator (2009-present), “Saturday Night Live” writer (1975-1980, 1985-1995)
-- Co-host of “Dancing With The Stars” (2005-present), host of “America’s Funniest Home Videos” (2001-15), host of “Hollywood Squares” (1998-2004)
-- Co-host of “Dancing With The Stars” (2014-present), Fox Sports correspondent (2012-present), “Dancing With The Stars” contestant (2010), ESPN correspondent (2004-2012)
-- ESPN “Sunday NFL Countdown” commentator (2006-2015), Chicago Bears head coach (1982-1992), NFL player (1961-1972)
-- Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund (2011-present), French Minister of Finance (2007-2011)
-- President of the International Olympic Committee (2013-present), President of the Deutscher Olympischer Sportbund (2006-2013), Men’s fencing Olympic gold medalist (1976)
-- MSNBC analyst (2011-present), Republican National Committee Chairman (2009-2011)
-- “America’s Got Talent” judge (2016-present), “Britain’s Got Talent” judge (2007-present), “American Idol” judge (2002-2010)
-- President of Russia (2012-present, 2000-2008), Prime Minister of Russia (2008-2012)
-- Republican presidential candidate (2011-2012), U.S. Ambassador to China (2009-2011), Governor of Utah (2005-2009), U.S. Ambassador to Singapore (1992-1993)
-- U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice (2010-present), U.S. Solicitor General (2009-2010), Dean of Harvard Law School (2003-2009)

11. American Literary History (ENGL 293)
This was a great class. Those of us who have grown up in the States know quite a lot about American literature. But lest this quiz be too U.S.-centric, how about we pay tribute to our Canadian boardies and talk a bit about Canadian literature? Name the Canadian writer who created one of the following well-known works (in a few cases, I’ve given more than one work). (13 possible answers)

-- The Handmaid’s Tale (novel)
-- The English Patient (novel)
-- The Progress of Love; Lives of Girls and Women; The Love of a Good Woman (short story collections)
-- Shoeless Joe (novel)
-- Anne of Green Gables (novel)
-- Beautiful Losers (novel)
-- In Flanders Fields (poem)
-- Scott Pilgrim (comic book series)
-- The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz; Joshua Then and Now; Barney’s Version (novels)
-- The Cremation of Sam McGee (poem)
-- By Grand Central Station I Sat Down and Wept (prose poetry novel)
-- The Stone Angel; The Diviners (novels)
-- Neuromancer (novel)

EXTRA CREDIT (-2 points): Which one of these works is by an individual known primarily as a musician?

12. Intro to Translation (SPAN 414)
We learned about lots of interesting concepts in my Intro to Translation class (which combined both Spanish-speaking and Portuguese-speaking students). Translation can often be a tricky process. Name the original title in English of one of the following ‘bad translations’ of film titles that have been translated back into English. To help you, I have included the year of release, and the initials of the movie’s lead actors/actresses. (14 possible answers) (Sources: http://mentalfloss.com/article/31192/31 ... can-movies, http://thoughtcatalog.com/cody-delistra ... ie-titles/, https://www.babbel.com/en/magazine/amer ... anslations)

Just Send Him To University Unqualified (1983) - T.C.
HIs Great Device Makes Him Famous (1997) - M.W.
He’s a Ghost! (1999) - B.W.
If You Leave Me, I Delete You (2004) - J.C.
I Will Marry A Prostitute To Save Money (1990) - J.R.
American Bluff (2013) - B.C.
Please, Do Not Touch the Old Women (1968) - Z.M.
Mr. Cat Poop (1997) - J.N.
Rain of Falafel (2009) - B.H. (voice)
Love Is In The Sky (1986) - T.C. (again)
American Virgin Man (1999) - J.B.
Electronic Murderer (1984) - A.S.
Happiness Therapy (2012) - J.L.
Malkovich’s Hole (1999) - J.M.
Last edited by barandall800 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

Class Roll & Clarifications

Post by barandall800 »

Entries received (46):
Spoiler
  1. jev15
  2. MarkBarrett
  3. Rackme32
  4. Caboom
  5. BulgarianBeast
  6. mitchparov
  7. immaf
  8. Magna
  9. Greg Vinton
  10. ElendilPickle
  11. lindap
  12. World71Racer
  13. arekp01
  14. Ryno
  15. Bipolar Bear
  16. totebags
  17. SBurrus
  18. Gamawire
  19. dott888
  20. Kirbstar
  21. pauerpoint
  22. This is Aoba
  23. clprez
  24. lisa0012
  25. Cat Hammarskjold
  26. 9021amyers
  27. Blue Lion
  28. Aunt_Ija
  29. Holocene Hero
  30. Tabby
  31. econgator
  32. BigDaddyMatty
  33. ChexMix
  34. geolawyerman
  35. OSXpert
  36. mennoknight
  37. Bamaman
  38. patkav
  39. Sherm
  40. Peachbox
  41. xxaaaxx
  42. RandyG
  43. mujason
  44. Woppy T
  45. Bob F
  46. JillyJill
Clarifications
On question 6, the definition of Latin America here includes Brazil and Puerto Rico, and does not include Spain. It also does not apply to those born in the continental United States, as per my source for this question, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_L ... d_nominees. If an answer not on my list is received, it should be able to fit the above criteria in order to count as correct.
Last edited by barandall800 on Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:42 pm, edited 12 times in total.

barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

Re: TD 304: Back To School II -- Junior Year (Questions Now Posted!)

Post by barandall800 »

The questions are up and the game is open! Here we go... :)

barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by barandall800 »

A little bump to put this near the top again. We've got 15 entries so far! Keep 'em coming. There's definitely still lots of singletons available.

barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by barandall800 »

A little weekend bump. Still lots of singletons available!

Holocene Hero
Valued Contributor

Re: TD 304: Back To School II -- Junior Year (Closes Tuesday at Noon MDT)

Post by Holocene Hero »

I never thought the words "I should've watched more Dancing with the Stars" would ever enter my brain

barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by barandall800 »

24 1/2 hours left, and we're up to 35 entries! Can we make it to 40? 50? Beyond? There are still some singletons left (some of which would surprise you). It's anybody's game, so make sure to enter! :)

barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

Re: TD 304: Back To School II -- Junior Year (Closes TOMORROW at Noon MDT)

Post by barandall800 »

One last extremely late-night/early morning bump. Only a few hours left to get those entries in! I will likely accept entries a little bit after the deadline, but I should start the reveal pretty promptly. Don't miss out!

BobF
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by BobF »

Holocene Hero wrote:I never thought the words "I should've watched more Dancing with the Stars" would ever enter my brain
Fortunately for me, I have a major crush on one of the winners. Well at least I hope the person I'm referring to won, I believe that is the case.

ETA: Okay, I looked it up, my crush did win. :-)
Was once hugged by Maggie Speak!

Caboom

Post by Caboom »

BobF wrote:
Holocene Hero wrote:I never thought the words "I should've watched more Dancing with the Stars" would ever enter my brain
Fortunately for me, I have a major crush on one of the winners. Well at least I hope the person I'm referring to won, I believe that is the case.

So who's your crush? Wait, let me guess...
Spoiler
Alfonso Ribeiro?

BobF

Post by BobF »

Caboom wrote:
BobF wrote:

So who's your crush? Wait, let me guess...
Spoiler
Alfonso Ribeiro?
Hahaha. I have no idea who that is. You'll just have to wait until the reveal. Just hope Brother Randall doesn't pull a LumosityFan on us. :-)

BigDaddyMatty
Save Me, Maggie!

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

BobF wrote:Hahaha. I have no idea who that is. You'll just have to wait until the reveal. Just hope Brother Randall doesn't pull a LumosityFan on us. :-)
You have no idea who that is? The right punchline is to say that's not unusual, but it definitely is.
Sprinkles are for winners.

barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

Re: TD 304: Back To School II -- Junior Year (Closes at Noon MDT)

Post by barandall800 »

OK, the entry period is now closed! I think I should have sent out PMs of answers to all who wanted them. With 46 entries in, this will be a great game! The reveal should begin very soon. :)

barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

Question 1 (Contemporary Dance)

Post by barandall800 »

Fall semester has begun! Here's the first question...

1. Contemporary Dance (DANCE 140)
Name an artist who performed one of the following songs used for contemporary routines on “So You Think You Can Dance.”

I've been watching "So You Think You Can Dance" since season 8 (though I missed a couple seasons while in Peru, and I haven't watched this season's "juniors" edition yet), and it was a substantial factor in my decision to take contemporary dance out for a spin. Since the grading was based more on our commitment and effort than our skill, I got an A just fine in the class. (I was also one of 3 men in the class, so I have a feeling our instructor took it a little easier on us guys, since she was so happy that we were even there at all. :)) In a somewhat interesting turn of events, I got to perform in a dance concert this past February because of this class. We did group projects where we put movements to poems that we recited, and our instructor liked them so much that she arranged for us to do them at the dance department's faculty showcase. So that happened. :P

I'd love to post videos for all of these incredible dances, but in the interest of brevity and in honor of our sheep, one of my favorite SYTYCD dances, to none other than "Total Eclipse of the Heart" (if you see nothing else, you have to watch the run-up to 1:17):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEqtgujqbcI

OK, just one more...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5I_VW7bcY8

Wrong answers – 13 points
PAT BENATAR
pauerpoint

AUDIT - 8 points
econgator

"Total Eclipse of the Heart"
Bonnie Tyler — 8 responses
9021amyers
Bamaman
BigDaddyMatty
Bob F
BulgarianBeast
ElendilPickle
Rackme32
totebags

"Fix You"
Coldplay — 6 responses
ChexMix
lisa0012
mitchparov
OSXpert
Sherm
World71Racer

"Calling You"
Celine Dion — 5 responses
Aunt_Ija
Greg Vinton
immaf
Magna
SBurrus

"Mercy"
Duffy — 4 responses
Holocene Hero
MarkBarrett
Ryno
This is Aoba

"Angel"
Sarah McLachlan — 4 responses
Blue Lion
mennoknight
Peachbox
RandyG

"Jar of Hearts"
Christina Perri — 3 responses
Bipolar Bear
Cat Hammarskjold
Gamawire

"Hallelujah" and "I Know It's Over"
Jeff Buckley — 3 responses
dott888
patkav
Woppy T

"Gravity"
Sara Bareilles — 3 responses
clprez
JillyJill
Tabby

"Turning Tables"
Adele — 2 responses
Caboom
mujason

"Like Real People Do"
Hozier — Singleton!
arekp01

DROP
geolawyerman
jev15
Kirbstar
lindap
xxaaaxx

Unused correct responses
John Mayer ("Dreaming With A Broken Heart")
Last edited by barandall800 on Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

Question 1 Standings

Post by barandall800 »

1. geolawyerman — 0 pts
1. jev15 — 0 pts
1. Kirbstar — 0 pts
1. lindap — 0 pts
1. xxaaaxx — 0 pts

6. arekp01 — 1 pts
7. Caboom — 2 pts
7. mujason — 2 pts
9. Bipolar Bear — 3 pts
9. Cat Hammarskjold — 3 pts

9. clprez — 3 pts
9. dott888 — 3 pts
9. Gamawire — 3 pts
9. JillyJill — 3 pts
9. patkav — 3 pts

9. Tabby — 3 pts
9. Woppy T — 3 pts
18. Blue Lion — 4 pts
18. Holocene Hero — 4 pts
18. MarkBarrett — 4 pts

18. mennoknight — 4 pts
18. Peachbox — 4 pts
18. RandyG — 4 pts
18. Ryno — 4 pts
18. This is Aoba — 4 pts

26. Aunt_Ija — 5 pts
26. Greg Vinton — 5 pts
26. immaf — 5 pts
26. Magna — 5 pts
26. SBurrus — 5 pts

31. ChexMix — 6 pts
31. lisa0012 — 6 pts
31. mitchparov — 6 pts
31. OSXpert — 6 pts
31. Sherm — 6 pts

31. World71Racer — 6 pts
37. 9021amyers — 8 pts
37. Bamaman — 8 pts
37. BigDaddyMatty — 8 pts
37. Bob F — 8 pts

37. BulgarianBeast — 8 pts
37. econgator — 8 pts
37. ElendilPickle — 8 pts
37. Rackme32 — 8 pts
37. totebags — 8 pts

46. pauerpoint — 13 pts

barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

Question 2 (Creative Writing)

Post by barandall800 »

2. Creative Writing (ENGL 218R)
Name a team that has won the NBA Finals beginning in 1980 (the year after the Seattle SuperSonics, now known as the Oklahoma City Thunder, won).

I knew I would have to stretch a few of these subjects to include more diverse subject matter, and I remembered reading a bit about basketball in my Creative Writing class, so there you go. A very fun class that resulted in me changing my minor to Creative Writing (I actually found out it was now a minor from my professor). The results here are very typical for a TD...random sheep, obvious answers being singletons, all that. Happy to say there were no wrong responses here.

1994, 1995
Houston Rockets — 8 responses
Bob F
ChexMix
dott888
Rackme32
RandyG
This is Aoba
totebags
xxaaaxx

Philadelphia 76ers — 8 responses
9021amyers
arekp01
Bamaman
BigDaddyMatty
Cat Hammarskjold
clprez
Greg Vinton
Sherm

1989, 1990, 2004
Detroit Pistons — 7 responses
Aunt_Ija
Blue Lion
Caboom
Holocene Hero
jev15
mennoknight
Woppy T

Dallas Mavericks — 6 responses
BulgarianBeast
econgator
geolawyerman
lisa0012
mujason
Ryno

1999, 2003, 2005, 2014
San Antonio Spurs — 4 responses
Bipolar Bear
Gamawire
lindap
patkav

1991, 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998
Chicago Bulls — 3 responses
Kirbstar
OSXpert
SBurrus

Golden State Warriors — 3 responses
immaf
JillyJill
World71Racer

1981, 1984, 1986, 2008
Boston Celtics — 2 responses
MarkBarrett
mitchparov

Cleveland Cavaliers — Singleton!
Tabby

1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010
Los Angeles Lakers — Singleton!
ElendilPickle

2012, 2013
Miami Heat — Singleton!
pauerpoint

DROP
Magna
Peachbox

Unused correct responses
None

barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

Question 2 Standings

Post by barandall800 »

Our 5-way tie for the lead thanks to a DROP on the first question is now broken, and Kirbstar is our sole leader. Peachbox takes one of the biggest leaps, a whopping 16 places, to land in a tie for 2nd. Trust me, though, there are a lot more twists and turns to come...

1. Kirbstar — 0 + 3 → 3 pts [unch]
2. lindap — 0 + 4 → 4 pts [↓1]
2. Peachbox — 4 + 0 → 4 pts [↑16]
2. Tabby — 3 + 1 → 4 pts [↑7]
5. Magna — 5 + 0 → 5 pts [↑21]

6. geolawyerman — 0 + 6 → 6 pts [↓5]
6. JillyJill — 3 + 3 → 6 pts [↑3]
6. MarkBarrett — 4 + 2 → 6 pts [↑12]
9. Bipolar Bear — 3 + 4 → 7 pts [unch]
9. Gamawire — 3 + 4 → 7 pts [unch]

9. jev15 — 0 + 7 → 7 pts [↓8]
9. patkav — 3 + 4 → 7 pts [unch]
13. immaf — 5 + 3 → 8 pts [↑13]
13. mitchparov — 6 + 2 → 8 pts [↑18]
13. mujason — 2 + 6 → 8 pts [↓6]

13. SBurrus — 5 + 3 → 8 pts [↑13]
13. xxaaaxx — 0 + 8 → 8 pts [↓12]
18. arekp01 — 1 + 8 → 9 pts [↓12]
18. Caboom — 2 + 7 → 9 pts [↓11]
18. ElendilPickle — 8 + 1 → 9 pts [↑19]

18. OSXpert — 6 + 3 → 9 pts [↑13]
18. World71Racer — 6 + 3 → 9 pts [↑13]
23. Ryno — 4 + 6 → 10 pts [↓5]
23. Woppy T — 3 + 7 → 10 pts [↓14]
25. Blue Lion — 4 + 7 → 11 pts [↓7]

25. Cat Hammarskjold — 3 + 8 → 11 pts [↓16]
25. clprez — 3 + 8 → 11 pts [↓16]
25. dott888 — 3 + 8 → 11 pts [↓16]
25. Holocene Hero — 4 + 7 → 11 pts [↓7]
25. mennoknight — 4 + 7 → 11 pts [↓7]

31. Aunt_Ija — 5 + 7 → 12 pts [↓5]
31. lisa0012 — 6 + 6 → 12 pts [unch]
31. RandyG — 4 + 8 → 12 pts [↓13]
31. This is Aoba — 4 + 8 → 12 pts [↓13]
35. Greg Vinton — 5 + 8 → 13 pts [↓9]

36. BulgarianBeast — 8 + 6 → 14 pts [↑1]
36. ChexMix — 6 + 8 → 14 pts [↓5]
36. econgator — 8 + 6 → 14 pts [↑1]
36. pauerpoint — 13 + 1 → 14 pts [↑10]
36. Sherm — 6 + 8 → 14 pts [↓5]

41. 9021amyers — 8 + 8 → 16 pts [↓4]
41. Bamaman — 8 + 8 → 16 pts [↓4]
41. BigDaddyMatty — 8 + 8 → 16 pts [↓4]
41. Bob F — 8 + 8 → 16 pts [↓4]
41. Rackme32 — 8 + 8 → 16 pts [↓4]

41. totebags — 8 + 8 → 16 pts [↓4]

BobF

Re: TD 304: Back To School II -- Junior Year (Question 2 Revealed)

Post by BobF »

Great, I'm behind the guy or gal who gave the only wrong answer in this contest so far.

9021amyers

Re: TD 304: Back To School II -- Junior Year (Question 2 Revealed)

Post by 9021amyers »

The distribution of answers on Question 2 is exactly the thing that makes me hate TD.