LL 70 Referrals

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Re: LL 70 Referrals

Post by Bamaman »

AleBelly wrote:I'm interested, if anyone's OK with referring a relative newbie to this board. I did some reading on the site, though, and saw that forfeits are frowned upon (as they should be). I'll be on a backpacking trip in the middle of LL 70 with no internet access. Are there any mechanisms in place to accommodate situations like this?

Thanks!
You are able to get the questions in advance. There is q limit of five requests per season, but you might get more if you asked and explained your situation.

That being said, if you are going to be away more than a couple days and this would be your first season, it might be a good idea to wait until LL71 to start.

I will add there are no matches on Saturdays or Sundays and Labor Day will also be an off day.
Blue Lion
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Blue Lion »

I just registered for LL 70. Many thanks to jjwaymee, who referred me.
Cat Hammarskjold
Feline Secretary-General

Post by Cat Hammarskjold »

Bamaman wrote:
AleBelly wrote:I'm interested, if anyone's OK with referring a relative newbie to this board. I did some reading on the site, though, and saw that forfeits are frowned upon (as they should be). I'll be on a backpacking trip in the middle of LL 70 with no internet access. Are there any mechanisms in place to accommodate situations like this?

Thanks!
You are able to get the questions in advance. There is q limit of five requests per season, but you might get more if you asked and explained your situation.

That being said, if you are going to be away more than a couple days and this would be your first season, it might be a good idea to wait until LL71 to start.

I will add there are no matches on Saturdays or Sundays and Labor Day will also be an off day.
The commissioner is very understanding and accomodating about playing days in advance. When my laptop needed to be repaired on match day 12 of LL66 and I wasn't sure how often I could get to the library to play LL, he gave me access to the rest of the questions for the season. I wouldn't advise voluntarily playing 13 match days at once to anybody, however, but when he emails them to you, the 24 hours you have to play each match in advance doesn't start until you open the link, so you'd probably want to do it in groups of five or something more manageable. The thing is, since you're a rookie, your opponents will have only built up a small sample size of question statistics, so playing defense would be really tough. But if you can't wait until LL71, it is doable, you'll just be at a disadvantage.
AleBelly
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by AleBelly »

Great, thanks. I can make this work, and would be most appreciative of a referral if any of you are willing to part with one!

Thanks
Shannon
jbeltz
Valued Contributor

Post by jbeltz »

I am a relative newbie here, but I just began my first swim in the pool (auditioned in Vegas last month) and would love to get involved with LL as well.
Wpwells

Post by Wpwells »

Bamaman wrote:

Thanks!

I was in Greece for a whole season and didn't know when I would and wouldn't have wifi, so Thorsten let me play the whole season with advance requests. The only issue is the whole season isn't available before the start of the season.
AleBelly
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by AleBelly »

AleBelly wrote:Great, thanks. I can make this work, and would be most appreciative of a referral if any of you are willing to part with one!

Thanks
Shannon
Thanks to you fine folks (BulgarianBeast and another offer by BigDaddyMatty) I've been referred...

Cheers
jjwaymee

Post by jjwaymee »

Blue Lion wrote:I just registered for LL 70. Many thanks to jjwaymee, who referred me.
You're welcome. And many thanks to you for the contributions you have made to the JBoard!