Sports Jeopardy Online Test Registration

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Re: Sports Jeopardy Online Test Registration

Post by Bamaman »

I don't think sports is something you can master just by starting from scratch. I could probably name at least a hundred baseball players without trying that are in the HOF or close to it and that would just be the tip of the iceberg. You could do the same for the other Big 4 sports. Then there is auto racing, boxing, golf, soccer and womens' sports.

You say you haven't followed sports much the last few years. I really haven't much either. But I do very well on the historical questions.

Being a MMA fan might help if they have a category on that as you'd probably run it. Chess wouldn't totally be shocking to see it appear.

I do think the contestant quality will improve as the show moves to TV. More people will see it and will apply, which increases the chances of stronger sports trivia people making it.

I'd say give it a shot. You have nothing to lose. If going to the audition (or the show itself) isn't a financial hardship, then go.
CrunchyTaco
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by CrunchyTaco »

I would register for this, but the birthday listed on my profile has a typo and the site won't let make a correction. I've tried contacting the people that run the site twice this week but the obviously incorrect info (I was not born in the year 0009 AD) still stands with no way to change it.

Edit: I should mention that the site won't let me register for this test because of an improper birthday.
Cat Hammarskjold
Feline Secretary-General

Post by Cat Hammarskjold »

CrunchyTaco wrote:I would register for this, but the birthday listed on my profile has a typo and the site won't let make a correction. I've tried contacting the people that run the site twice this week but the obviously incorrect info (I was not born in the year 0009 AD) still stands with no way to change it.

Edit: I should mention that the site won't let me register for this test because of an improper birthday.
Do you have a second email address? You can probably make a correct profile from there.
mpahu
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by mpahu »

I signed up as soon as I found out, even though I had watched maybe two episodes prior to that. I've been watching the old episodes lately. SJ is a really well-done show.

I haven't had much luck with the random selection for the regular show, so maybe the sports version will be a nice change of pace!
Blue Lion
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Blue Lion »

CrunchyTaco wrote:I would register for this, but the birthday listed on my profile has a typo and the site won't let make a correction. I've tried contacting the people that run the site twice this week but the obviously incorrect info (I was not born in the year 0009 AD) still stands with no way to change it.
If you were born in the year 9 AD, you'd absolutely nail the Ancient Olympics, Chariot Racing, and Gladiatorial Games categories.
BobF

Post by BobF »

Blue Lion wrote:
If you were born in the year 9 AD, you'd absolutely nail the Ancient Olympics, Chariot Racing, and Gladiatorial Games categories.
I'd love to find out if he met Jesus. :D
Was once hugged by Maggie Speak!
CrunchyTaco

Post by CrunchyTaco »

Well, they fixed the situation so I am no longer listed as being 2007 years old.
mxc_takeshi

Post by mxc_takeshi »

I watched a few episodes on NBC Sports, felt pretty confident about myself afterwards, and signed up to take the test when prompted.
Cat Hammarskjold
Feline Secretary-General

Post by Cat Hammarskjold »

Just a reminder that the tryout test is tonight. I didn't get any reminder emails, but it says I'm registered. Did you get a reminder email?
Anachronism

Post by Anachronism »

I received one this afternoon. Just a reminder that the test is at 5 PST, and to log in ahead of time in case I need to have my password sent to me (which seems to be the case every time I take a test).
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Yeah ... no.
9021amyers

Post by 9021amyers »

I took the practice test yesterday, and got a perfect score.

I don't think I got a perfect score on the real thing, but I doubt I answered more than four questions incorrectly.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

9021amyers wrote:I don't think I got a perfect score on the real thing, but I doubt I answered more than four questions incorrectly.
I was pretty much the opposite. I missed about 5 of the first 12 and just closed it out after that.
jlgarfield

Post by jlgarfield »

I think I missed, like six. Maybe seven.
CrunchyTaco

Post by CrunchyTaco »

I think I started well, but then just tanked it at the end, much like my Detroit Tigers.
amorris525
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by amorris525 »

I thought it was much harder than the first test. Started out well but faded at the end. Doubt I qualify unless there is a curve of some sort
Blue Lion

Post by Blue Lion »

CrunchyTaco wrote:I think I started well, but then just tanked it at the end, much like my Detroit Tigers.
20/30. Close, but no cigar. (And if Blue Cross caught me smoking, my insurance premium would go through the roof.)
Last edited by Blue Lion on Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

There were at least 3 Qs specially tailored to a guy with my login name, and it was nice to be able to correctly say
Spoiler
Sanders
as a correct response, 14 years and 1 day after failing to correctly do so. (Different guy though, of course.) Did way better than I thought I would, so we'll see. This was my first time ever taking the test in the online era. It's tense, isn"t it?
sarisson

Post by sarisson »

Oof, that was much harder than the practice test. I might've passed, but probably not. I did guess correctly on
Spoiler
discus
, maybe a few other things, but I left 5-6 blank.
Hoping for a third lap
mike21878
Contributor

Post by mike21878 »

I'm probably freaking out for nothing .. but once I was done it said "Submitting Test, Do Not Close This Window" or something like that ... I waited it out ... then got to a "This screen will close in 1:00" and the timer froze. Waited a few seconds, closed it as it said it was submitted ... and my J! profile says my test is incomplete.

Flooded servers? Or am I going to be rather angry in a bit ?

Good luck to everyone!