LL70: For the LLamas

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

dnbguy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

LL70: For the LLamas

Post by dnbguy »

The rundles have been posted! I am in C Pacific Division 2. I see a few familiar faces in there. Good luck to everyone!

REMINDER:
Bamaman wrote:Do not make any comment about a particular question or set of questions until that day's game is completed and the results posted on the LL website. This goes beyond giving an answer. Do not say things like "those were hard" or "those were easy". Do not even say how many you got right that day until the match is completely finished on the LL site. Do not put your comments in spoilers. Just avoid commenting on the questions until the next day when we will rehash every question on here.
Last edited by dnbguy on Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linear Gnome
One Miner Gal

Re: LL70: For the LLamas

Post by Linear Gnome »

dnbguy wrote:The rundles have been posted! I am in C Pacific Division 2. I see a few familiar faces in there. Good luck to everyone!
(Linear Gnome waves "hi")
nightreign
#TeamAlsoRans

Post by nightreign »

D Magnolia Div 1. I feel like I know half the people in this rundle! I see JordanT and HardeeCR along with 3 of my referrals and several others I recognize.
Let's do this.
hbomb1947
Still hoping to get on Jeopardy! while my age is in double digits

Post by hbomb1947 »

nightreign wrote:D Magnolia Div 1. I feel like I know half the people in this rundle! I see JordanT and HardeeCR along with 3 of my referrals and several others I recognize.
Let's do this.
I have MarkBarrret in my rundle. And when we meet on MD11, anything pop culture-y or sportsball-y is getting assigned a zero. :)
Follow me on twitter, even though I rarely tweet! https://twitter.com/hbomb_worldwide
sarisson

Post by sarisson »

I'm in Chorizo N Division 1 with tjconn, quarterrican, I think a few other boardies, and a contestant from 500 Questions Season 2. I don't recognize any Jeopardy alums this time.
Hoping for a third lap
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

hbomb1947 wrote:
nightreign wrote:D Magnolia Div 1. I feel like I know half the people in this rundle! I see JordanT and HardeeCR along with 3 of my referrals and several others I recognize.
Let's do this.
I have MarkBarrret in my rundle. And when we meet on MD11, anything pop culture-y or sportsball-y is getting assigned a zero. :)
It was just beginner's luck that I was 13/13 in Games/Sports. :) At some point I will miss in that category and yes, I'm hopeful it will only cost me a zero. There are some other J! champs and/or boardies in that Continental C Div. 2 as well we get to play.
hbomb1947
Still hoping to get on Jeopardy! while my age is in double digits

Post by hbomb1947 »

MarkBarrett wrote:There are some other J! champs and/or boardies in that Continental C Div. 2 as well we get to play.
Who besides Pastor Dave?
Follow me on twitter, even though I rarely tweet! https://twitter.com/hbomb_worldwide
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

hbomb1947 wrote:
MarkBarrett wrote:There are some other J! champs and/or boardies in that Continental C Div. 2 as well we get to play.
Who besides Pastor Dave?
WarwickB = colonialrampage

I'm assuming:
ProctorK = http://www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=7516
MaeroffJ = http://www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=744
D'OrsoC = http://www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=6533
skullturf
Married to a Jeopardy! Champion

Post by skullturf »

I managed to stay alive in A Central. I've always had more losses than wins every time I've been in an A rundle, but I've managed to avoid being relegated so far.

I think some people in A Central got split off into A Laguna (including some tough competitors) but there are also some impressive people from lower Central rundles who have climbed up the ranks.

Side note: I attended TCONA for the first time this month, and noticed several people who have been in the same rundle as me in the past. Apologies if I forget anyone, but ChernicoffS, CorteseV, FoderaB, LehmannS, VeredJ, WhitlockS were all at TCONA this year and are all names that I recognize from competing against them in LL (as well as knowing their names from Jeopardy!).
boson
Trivial

Post by boson »

Magnolia A is starting to look tougher... the promotions to A include DupeeM and Ronin WhitlockS and some other tough competitors.

With 28 in the rundle I don't face off against PrussC... but fortunately I have our jboard private rundle to satisfy the trivial uxoricidal bloodlust.

As much as I like LL, I'm finding the accusations of cheating at the championships on that message board extremely distasteful. The (since edited) email banning of one player for poor performance live seems ridiculous and backwards. Though it hasn't even been close for me, I would consider boycotting the championships if invited because of this witch hunt.
CrunchyTaco
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by CrunchyTaco »

Looks like I've been moved to Continental D 1 from Continental D 2. Good luck to all!
Blue Lion

Post by Blue Lion »

This is my rookie season. I'm in Horizon League, Grayl Branch.
mpahu
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by mpahu »

A Metro here. I am very excited to get back to the daily trivia grind, however madcap, hellbound, etc.
colonialrampage
Valued Contributor

Post by colonialrampage »

MarkBarrett wrote:
hbomb1947 wrote:
Who besides Pastor Dave?
WarwickB = colonialrampage

I'm assuming:
ProctorK = http://www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=7516
MaeroffJ = http://www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=744
D'OrsoC = http://www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=6533
Great. Now you've given me the resources to actually do some research into my defense so if I don't do it I have to feel guilty now.

Good luck this season! (on every match day except when you play me)
teapot37

Post by teapot37 »

Got moved to the new Piedmont this season, so I don't know most of the people I'll be playing against except for the people who are in my branch.

Not many people can say they've lost four times on Jeopardy!.
SBurrus

Post by SBurrus »

I'm in Rundle E Pacific, Division 2...along with what seems to be at least half of my Division 1 opponents from LL69.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Linear Gnome wrote:
dnbguy wrote:The rundles have been posted! I am in C Pacific Division 2. I see a few familiar faces in there. Good luck to everyone!
(Linear Gnome waves "hi")
Yep!
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

I'm in Continental D2. Sadly, it is a 30 player group, so I won't play everyone, including my referrer, DHKenadall. There are a few names on there that are familiar, but not totally sure who they are on here.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Bamaman wrote:I'm in Continental D2. Sadly, it is a 30 player group, so I won't play everyone, including my referrer, DHKenadall. There are a few names on there that are familiar, but not totally sure who they are on here.
I won't do all of the work for you, but I'll give you one that I would think is the same person. HanleyS is StevenH here.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

MarkBarrett wrote:
Bamaman wrote:I'm in Continental D2. Sadly, it is a 30 player group, so I won't play everyone, including my referrer, DHKenadall. There are a few names on there that are familiar, but not totally sure who they are on here.
I won't do all of the work for you, but I'll give you one that I would think is the same person. HanleyS is StevenH here.
Thanks. I do have one of my referrals, clprez in my group. I think after just seeing all these names for so long they kind of run together and I forget who is who. I was hoping you'd land in D but you had to be a show off and get into C.