Stoopid 49ers...

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Rackme32
Three-time Failer Of The Online Jeopardy! Test

Stoopid 49ers...

Post by Rackme32 »

My local J! affiliate is broadcasting the damn football game instead of Episode 1 of Season 33. and as far as I can see is *not* planning to show it at all. Episode 2 is scheduled for Tuesday.

Fortunately ESPN normally has MNF, so this won't be a weekly occurrence... But I'm po'd.
Clue Jungry
Loyal Jeopardista

Hey Boston -- No Jeopardy Scheduled for 9/16, 9/21, Possibly More!

Post by Clue Jungry »

Moved to a separate post
Last edited by Clue Jungry on Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
alamble
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Stoopid 49ers...

Post by alamble »

Rackme32 wrote:My local J! affiliate is broadcasting the damn football game instead of Episode 1 of Season 33. and as far as I can see is *not* planning to show it at all. Episode 2 is scheduled for Tuesday.

Fortunately ESPN normally has MNF, so this won't be a weekly occurrence... But I'm po'd.
ESPN always has Monday Night Football; when teams are playing in a nationally-televised game on a cable network (ESPN or NFLN) the league allows the participating teams' local affiliates to simulcast the broadcast.
Peachbox
Sports Jeopardy! Contestant

Post by Peachbox »

I'm hoping some kind soul on here will make it available for those of us who will miss it on regular tv. ;)
IronNeck

Post by IronNeck »

Fantastic. I just looked it up and this affects me, too.
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

The secret bunker is full until September 14. So I've had to put this one in the super secret bunker:
  • LINK REDACTED
As always, PLEASE DO NOT SHARE THESE LINKS PUBLICLY.* If you respond to this post, please delete the link before clicking Submit. If you share the link privately, please make sure the person you share it with knows the rule.

* Yes. I know. I am saying this while sharing the link in a publicly accessible forum. Do as I say, not as I do. This post will self-destruct in less than 24 hours. If I am asked about it, I will deny all knowledge.
Last edited by opusthepenguin on Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
corvo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by corvo »

DJ! was pretty tough, i thought! A lot of clams for me.

FJ, was an instaget, and I was a bit surprised to see 2/3 miss.
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

corvo wrote:stuff...
Just curious as to what this has to do with the 49ers.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
Rackme32

Post by Rackme32 »

bpmod wrote:

Brian
The presence of the 49er's gave the local J! affiliate, who also happens to be the local ABC affiliate, to pre-empt J! to show the silly football game.

p.s. Thanks to the "sooper secret bunker" guy! :)
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

Rackme32 wrote:
bpmod wrote:

Brian
The presence of the 49er's gave the local J! affiliate, who also happens to be the local ABC affiliate, to pre-empt J! to show the silly football game.

p.s. Thanks to the "sooper secret bunker" guy! :)
What I mean is: Why is he discussing the game here, rather than in the daily thread*?

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
Peachbox
Sports Jeopardy! Contestant

Post by Peachbox »

Thank you, kind penguin. :)
dpj626
Contributor

Post by dpj626 »

Thanks opus. I take it 41/Action News NBC cut the end of the show off before the credits could finish. Much appreciated.
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

dpj626 wrote:Thanks opus. I take it 41/Action News NBC cut the end of the show off before the credits could finish. Much appreciated.
Yeah, they never show the full credits. Just five seconds or so and then they cut away to their Big Important Whatever.
Rackme32

Post by Rackme32 »

So after all this, Channel 7 in SF shows Monday's show on Tuesday, and their sked reads Ep 2 tonight, ep 3, Thursday, ep, Friday... and no ep. 5 at any time, and then back on schedule with ep 6 on Monday.

Grrrrrrrrrrr...
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Rackme32 wrote:So after all this, Channel 7 in SF shows Monday's show on Tuesday, and their sked reads Ep 2 tonight, ep 3, Thursday, ep, Friday... and no ep. 5 at any time, and then back on schedule with ep 6 on Monday.

Grrrrrrrrrrr...
I checked listings in two different places and KGO has J! scheduled at 1:07 - 1:37 a.m on 9/17 followed by the new WOF. I'll be recording with extra time bookended.
Rackme32

Post by Rackme32 »

MarkBarrett wrote:
Rackme32 wrote:So after all this, Channel 7 in SF shows Monday's show on Tuesday, and their sked reads Ep 2 tonight, ep 3, Thursday, ep, Friday... and no ep. 5 at any time, and then back on schedule with ep 6 on Monday.

Grrrrrrrrrrr...
I checked listings in two different places and KGO has J! scheduled at 1:07 - 1:37 a.m on 9/17 followed by the new WOF. I'll be recording with extra time bookended.
Apparently, Zap2it (which is what WaveBroadband uses on its website) hasn't caught wind of it, but my DVR has... As you did, I've set it to record a couple show right afterward in case they get behind. Wouldn't let me record the half-hour ahead of it because it thinks I'm recording overlapping shows on the same channel. Hopefully, I'll get lucky and the edipsode shows up *somewhere*...