Millionaire 2016-17 Season Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

kerryoakie
Loyal Jeopardista

Re: Millionaire 2016-17 Season Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by kerryoakie »

MarkBarrett wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 3:59 pm
kerryoakie wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 1:33 pm Hey everyone, my episode of Millionaire airs on May 30th. Feel free to poke fun at all of the embarrassing and awkward faces I make at Chris Harrison. ;)
Okay, you gave permission. Joanne Woodward was in The Three Faces of Eve. Here are three faces of Kerry although there were many others to choose from. Jim Carrey would be impressed if he watches.

Spoiler
$20,000
Spoiler
Spoiler
The +1 and 50:50 were left on the table.
Question for Kerry with spoiler:
Spoiler
Did you know the singers for "Time After Time" and/or "Bette Davis Eyes" or only that Olivia Newton-John did "Physical." The editing made it look like you eliminated one song and got the question right without lifelines only because you knew Donna Summer sang "Bad Girls."
General question about the question in the photos above:
Spoiler
I'm thinking Balmoral is the castle and Barbasol is the shaving product. What would be the close-sounding culinary school? The closest I could think was Barbizon for modeling.
So I knew I made a lot of weird faces (enough for Chris Harrison to comment about them), but after watching the episode, I had no idea I made that many. This was my genuine and true self, so I'd like to make a formal apology to my coworkers who have to stare at my "thinking" and "excited" faces all day long, haha.

Regarding the song Q:
Spoiler
I knew all of the artists and that Donna Summer sang Bad Girls. We were told to verbalize our thinking, but it looks like ONJ was the only artist that made the cut. There were multiple "ins" to this question, including the year and "Summer." They probably edited it to remove any more of the stupid faces I made.
Regarding the final Q:
Spoiler
I knew that B was looking for Barbasol, but that was all I was really able to eliminate. Hindsight, it's obvious that A was looking for Balmoral. I think I was so overwhelmed with everything, I just went with the audience and lost a $5000 gamble. I wish I'd done the "Wayne Method" and told the audience I was thinking "B" so those who didn't know would be inclined to pick it.
General other notes:
Spoiler
I taped this episode in mid-August. I was originally supposed to tape a week earlier, but a water leak on the switchboard canceled all taping that day and I was last in line the next day of taping and was bumped after already being mic'd up with hair and makeup done. The weekend I was supposed to tape, TCONA was in town and the audience was PACKED with insanely smart people. I don't want to blame anyone, but the audience on my tape day was really sparse, to the point that they were telling people to sit staggered so it looked more full. My personal goal was $50k, so I'm a little disappointed, but $5k isn't a bad pay-day for 15 minutes of work!
kerryoakie
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by kerryoakie »

Also, if anyone has a digital copy of my episode, I would be eternally grateful for it. I have some friends in other countries who want to see it. Thanks!!
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

kerryoakie wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 7:13 am
Spoiler
I taped this episode in mid-August. I was originally supposed to tape a week earlier ... I was last in line the next day of taping and was bumped after already being mic'd up with hair and makeup done.
Sorry to hear this happened to someone else as well. At least you got to tape after all ...
Vermonter
2003 College Champion

Post by Vermonter »

You guys remember that promo clip the show used to run for its highlight videos? The one where Chris says "You did it." and the crowd starts going wild, as if it's a $1 million win?

When did that episode air? I'd been keeping an eye out but never saw it.
Hate bad wagering? Me too. Join me at The Final Wager.
mujason
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by mujason »

I believe the "You did it" came after the 50k question in this episode.

https://bobbymgsk.wordpress.com/2016/11 ... re-112416/
-Jason
cf1140
Not Jeopardy! Material

Post by cf1140 »

How many weeks of reruns does Millionaire run every year?

Like Jeopardy has 6 weeks of reruns and then 6-8 weeks of tournaments/kids week/celebrity games so a total of 38-40 weeks of 'regular' programming.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

cf1140 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:06 pm How many weeks of reruns does Millionaire run every year?

Like Jeopardy has 6 weeks of reruns and then 6-8 weeks of tournaments/kids week/celebrity games so a total of 38-40 weeks of 'regular' programming.
Varies from year to year how long the summer reruns go, but June, July and August, plus a little of September.

I think they're around 150 episodes per year.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
RichmondJ
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by RichmondJ »

Last season they told us they were taping 175 total episodes, including all specialty weeks. That would be 35 weeks of original shows.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

RichmondJ wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:37 pm Last season they told us they were taping 175 total episodes, including all specialty weeks. That would be 35 weeks of original shows.
I did forget the kids weeks and some other special weeks that don't go on my spreadsheet.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
CasketRomance

Post by CasketRomance »

xxaaaxx wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 11:18 pm
MarkBarrett wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 10:09 amSince I did yesterday's episode it's only fair that I do the May 24 one as well: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzJUVd ... 1VUEk/view
Spoiler
If she had taken a bit more time, she could've reasoned out that last question without burning her +1. 1/5 of the US is ~64M. There's no way in hell there are even 64 million Mormons or Jews on the entire planet, and probably barely that many Lutherans.
any chance you have more episodes? i live in delaware and it is not shown on any channel in the southern part of the state
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

CasketRomance wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:28 pm
xxaaaxx wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 11:18 pm
MarkBarrett wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 10:09 amSince I did yesterday's episode it's only fair that I do the May 24 one as well: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzJUVd ... 1VUEk/view
Spoiler
If she had taken a bit more time, she could've reasoned out that last question without burning her +1. 1/5 of the US is ~64M. There's no way in hell there are even 64 million Mormons or Jews on the entire planet, and probably barely that many Lutherans.
any chance you have more episodes? i live in delaware and it is not shown on any channel in the southern part of the state
No, the few I shared are it. This YouTube user seems to have the season uploaded as far as I could tell with a quick look so that should keep you busy: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUFjuB ... pORzERkvlQ