Secret Bunker News

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Secret Bunker News

Post by MarkBarrett »

opusthepenguin wrote:Has anybody uploaded tonight's game? I've had a request for it, which I'm happy to fulfill. But if it's already up somewhere, I won't duplicate the effort.
There are reddit links every game day.
badgerfellow
One and Done

Post by badgerfellow »

jeff6286 wrote:
opusthepenguin wrote:Just a heads up to everyone. I'm going to disappear from JBoard (and the internet and all media) starting on Wednesday. I'll be back or at least check back in around mid-April. You guys are great and I love each and every one of you, so don't take this personally. If you need to get in touch, you can still reach me by PM since that will get forwarded to my email.

For boardie mcsheffrey, I've still got your (first) game on my calendar and will upload it and any subsequent games. Best of future retro luck.
So...
You're taping April 12th?
1. If we're being technical, April 12 would be the last full day of Lent, before Triduum starts the evening of April 13, if we're using the Roman Catholic calendar.
2. April 12 also happens to be my airdate!
3. opus, best wishes on your Lenten season! Know that herring is more than acceptable on Fridays.
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

badgerfellow wrote:1. If we're being technical, April 12 would be the last full day of Lent, before Triduum starts the evening of April 13, if we're using the Roman Catholic calendar.
Actually, Lent ends with the procession into Jerusalem which begins Holy Week. Palm/Passion Sunday is the 40th day. The RC calendar is somewhat ambiguous on this point and I know priests who do not know that fact. The problem with the calendar (as it is usually officially presented) is that it groups together Lent & Holy Week into one season. And a lot of resources also include the Triduum, which makes it even more confusing.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
badgerfellow
One and Done

Post by badgerfellow »

bpmod wrote:
badgerfellow wrote:1. If we're being technical, April 12 would be the last full day of Lent, before Triduum starts the evening of April 13, if we're using the Roman Catholic calendar.
Actually, Lent ends with the procession into Jerusalem which begins Holy Week. Palm/Passion Sunday is the 40th day. The RC calendar is somewhat ambiguous on this point and I know priests who do not know that fact. The problem with the calendar (as it is usually officially presented) is that it groups together Lent & Holy Week into one season. And a lot of resources also include the Triduum, which makes it even more confusing.

Brian
My understanding, for the Roman Catholic Church, is that Holy Week excluding Triduum is included in Lent, per changes in 1969 (link below, see page 8). If we used the pre-Vatican II calendar, then Lent would end on Holy Saturday.

http://www.liturgyoffice.org.uk/Calendar/Info/GNLY.pdf
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

badgerfellow wrote:
bpmod wrote:

Brian
My understanding, for the Roman Catholic Church, is that Holy Week excluding Triduum is included in Lent, per changes in 1969 (link below, see page 8). If we used the pre-Vatican II calendar, then Lent would end on Holy Saturday.

http://www.liturgyoffice.org.uk/Calendar/Info/GNLY.pdf
Well, there you go. Another change that I had not known they had made. It seems weird, though, to extend the Lenten season from 40 to 44ish days.

Incidentally, it was well after 1969 that I learned of the church calendar and what starts and ends when.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

The reddit guy has killed his computer. Anybody have a copy of tonight's game?

Brian

clprez

Post by clprez »

bpmod wrote:The reddit guy has killed his computer. Anybody have a copy of tonight's game?

Brian
He was able to get it uploaded. I just finished watching it.
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

clprez wrote:
bpmod wrote:The reddit guy has killed his computer. Anybody have a copy of tonight's game?

Brian
He was able to get it uploaded. I just finished watching it.
Thanks. I've got it now.

Brian

morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

Hello! I'm new to the secret bunker thread. I'm looking for 2 episodes: Wed March 8th and Fri Feb 10th. Where would I find these?
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

morbeedo wrote:Hello! I'm new to the secret bunker thread. I'm looking for 2 episodes: Wed March 8th and Fri Feb 10th. Where would I find these?
https://www.reddit.com/user/jibjabjrjr? ... t1_ddz61vc

The reddit guy has them.
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

MarkBarrett wrote:
morbeedo wrote:Hello! I'm new to the secret bunker thread. I'm looking for 2 episodes: Wed March 8th and Fri Feb 10th. Where would I find these?
https://www.reddit.com/user/jibjabjrjr? ... t1_ddz61vc

The reddit guy has them.
Dreams really do come true!! ;-) Thx
badgerfellow
One and Done

Post by badgerfellow »

Just a heads up for everyone that March Madness is this week. If Jeopardy! is on CBS in your market, check local listings for this Thursday and Friday, as well as next Thursday and Friday.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

I would say heads up to anyone in the Northeast for Tuesday evening's show, we can't have a snowfall without constant coverage of TV station employees out on the roads telling everyone how dangerous it is and they should stay inside and not go anywhere (presumably so the news vans can get through).
Total game show career losings = $171,522
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

According to my DVR guide. my local station is airing them in the morning those days. In the past, they have aired them late at night, so at least I'll get to see them without having to wait. The reddit guy uses my broadcast a good bit, so you may see them there.
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

My network doesn't bump J! and Wheel to 2 AM during March Madness. Could bunker-owner please ensure that I have both those days?

Last year, my friend happened to be on Wheel during an episode blocked out by March Madness. That sucked, but thankfully he livestreamed it.
AndyTheQuizzer
Lots and Lots of Interviews

Post by AndyTheQuizzer »

TenPoundHammer wrote:My network doesn't bump J! and Wheel to 2 AM during March Madness. Could bunker-owner please ensure that I have both those days?

Last year, my friend happened to be on Wheel during an episode blocked out by March Madness. That sucked, but thankfully he livestreamed it.
Reddit-dude will have it.
Andy Saunders
J! Archive Founding Archivist
Publisher - The Jeopardy! Fan
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

Here's a high quality upload of today's game for boardie mcsheffrey:

https://vimeo.com/208393944
Maven
Fate's Law Prevails

Post by Maven »

OntarioQuizzer wrote:
TenPoundHammer wrote:My network doesn't bump J! and Wheel to 2 AM during March Madness. Could bunker-owner please ensure that I have both those days?
Reddit-dude will have it.
Exact same situation as TPH here (unless one or both of my CBS affiliates finally change their tune this year and actually air J! sometime between midnight and noon...I already know which way to bet), so great to know and thank you! :)
"Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

Here's a high quality upload of tonight's game:

https://vimeo.com/208568938

Just a reminder: Please don't share this link publicly. (Do as I say, not as I do.)
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

Today's hq upload:

https://vimeo.com/208746621