Secret Bunker News

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

PanthersFan1
Contributor

Re: Secret Bunker News

Post by PanthersFan1 »

opusthepenguin wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:10 pm
PanthersFan1 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:19 pm Penguin could you upload Seth Wilson's First Game?
Nope. Don't seem to have that one.

Note to all: I'm not encouraging requests for games, BUT if you have a request, including the following information will increase your chances of a favorable response:

1. Date game was played
2. Names of all three contestants
3. Link to the J-Archive record of the game

When I have to search for that information myself just to do someone a favor, I get cranky.
okay no problem.
Caboom
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Caboom »

PanthersFan1 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:13 pm
PanthersFan1 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:19 pm Penguin could you upload Seth Wilson's First Game?

Note to all: I'm not encouraging requests for games, BUT if you have a request, including the following information will increase your chances of a favorable response:

1. Date game was played

When I have to search for that information myself just to do someone a favor, I get cranky.
okay no problem.
Here you go.
PanthersFan1
Contributor

Post by PanthersFan1 »

Caboom wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:25 pm
PanthersFan1 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:13 pm

1. Date game was played

okay no problem.
Here you go.
ty.
plasticene

Post by plasticene »

Any chance of getting Friday night's game? I was assuming it would come on tonight, since all the episodes in L.A. were delayed by a day, but then we saw the first minute of Friday's episode at the tail end of the middle-of-the-night WWTBAM from last night. It turns out college football is pre-empting the usual Saturday showing.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

plasticene wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:52 pm Any chance of getting Friday night's game? I was assuming it would come on tonight, since all the episodes in L.A. were delayed by a day, but then we saw the first minute of Friday's episode at the tail end of the middle-of-the-night WWTBAM from last night. It turns out college football is pre-empting the usual Saturday showing.
https://www.reddit.com/user/jibjabjrjr It's currently the second-most recent post of his.
zerobandwidth
That Guy Who Said "Yay!"

Post by zerobandwidth »

Would it be possible and not-too-gauche for me to preemptively request a recording of the 2017-09-27 episode? I can't reveal much about it of course, but I think I can say that player 2 will bear a striking resemblance to my avatar. :D My local station tends to play local ads instead of the closing credits, which is terribly annoying even on a normal night.
Battle of the Brains contestant, 1995-1997
Jeopardy! match 34:13, 2017-09-27
LearnedLeague: PatersonP (LL76: D Summit Div2)

The truth is rarely pure, and never simple.
— from Oscar Wilde's The Importance of Being Earnest
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

zerobandwidth wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:53 pm Would it be possible and not-too-gauche for me to preemptively request a recording of the 2017-09-27 episode? I can't reveal much about it of course, but I think I can say that player 2 will bear a striking resemblance to my avatar. :D My local station tends to play local ads instead of the closing credits, which is terribly annoying even on a normal night.
But of course. A high quality copy is one of the free services provided for boardies. (Well, your first 10 games are free. After that, I have to charge you.) The reddit guy is fine for people who just missed a show. When it's your own gorgeous mug up there, you want something a little higher def. If I don't post a link within 12 hours of your show, I probably just forgot you were special. PM me and I'll get it done.
zerobandwidth
That Guy Who Said "Yay!"

Post by zerobandwidth »

opusthepenguin wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:59 pm But of course.
Much thanks!
opusthepenguin wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:59 pm When it's your own gorgeous mug up there, you want something a little higher def.
Aww shucks :oops: :D

Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

zerobandwidth wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:53 pm Would it be possible and not-too-gauche for me to preemptively request a recording of the 2017-09-27 episode? I can't reveal much about it of course, but I think I can say that player 2 will bear a striking resemblance to my avatar. :D My local station tends to play local ads instead of the closing credits, which is terribly annoying even on a normal night.

A guy who looks like Alex Trebek is going to be on the show?
zerobandwidth
That Guy Who Said "Yay!"

Post by zerobandwidth »

Bamaman wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:58 pm A guy who looks like Alex Trebek is going to be on the show?
Oh yeah well I think that guy is going to be on like the whole season. I bet he works for the show or something.

opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

Reddit guy (peace be upon him) wasn't able to upload Monday's game, so here it is if anyone wants it:

https://vimeo.com/234524443
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

Here's today's game for all Pasha's family and fans:

https://vimeo.com/235828174
zerobandwidth
That Guy Who Said "Yay!"

Post by zerobandwidth »

opusthepenguin wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:35 pm Here's today's game for all Pasha's family and fans:

https://vimeo.com/235828174
Many thanks, O wise and powerful Opus :geek:

opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

I notice that Vimeo no longer lets viewers download the videos. That's too bad. I get around this with a Firefox add-on called FVD. It also exists for Chrome, Android, and I'm not sure what else. A search for <FVD Video Download> should turn it up.

If that doesn't work, here's a direct link to an mp4. Anyone who wants it should download it soon-ish. I'll eventually remove it because it takes up a ton of space.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8o84 ... XZRd1NvQTA

If you click the Download link, Google will inform you that the file is too large to scan for viruses. So you'll have to ask yourself one question. "Do I trust the penguin?" Well? Do ya, punk?
zerobandwidth
That Guy Who Said "Yay!"

Post by zerobandwidth »

I trusted the penguin. Thank you!

opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

Today's game is uploading. Should be ready in 30 minutes or less. I'm tired and headed for bed, so in the hopes that there are no glitches, here's what should be the correct link:

https://vimeo.com/236509065

SMALL WARNING: (Edit: Warning no longer necessary.) Vimeo will choose a cover pic at random since I'm not supervising the process. This pic MAY SPOIL SOMETHING ABOUT THE GAME. AVERT YOUR EYES AS YOU CLICK!!! I.e. you might see a certain clue revealed or what the scores are at some unidentified point in the game or even the correct response to FJ. There's no telling what Vimeo will do.

Also, a reminder that Vimeo no longer includes a download link. If you Google <FVD video download> plus your platform/browser name (e.g. Firefox, Chrome, Android), you may find an add-on/app that will allow you to download the game anyway. Otherwise you'll have to be content with streaming it.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Early request for Wheel of Fortune on December 8.
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

Bamaman wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 am Early request for Wheel of Fortune on December 8.
Absolutely! It's on my calendar.
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

Anyone got today's J! and Wheel? This stupid football nonsense can go die in a fire.
CailinGaoilge
Location: Ontario, Canada; formerly resident in UK and Ireland

Post by CailinGaoilge »

TenPoundHammer wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:56 pm Anyone got today's J! and Wheel? This stupid football nonsense can go die in a fire.
Reddit-guy for J!. Unless you've already found it. Let me know when you've got this and I'll delete.