Secret Bunker News

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

clprez
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Secret Bunker News

Post by clprez »

triviawayne wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 8:44 am
mhepbaum wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 1:54 am So...I will be making an appearance on y'alls TVs this Thursday the 25th. :)

You will be able to figure out which one I am pretty easily from my username. It's not my exact name, but. Close enough. (I often use a portmanteau of my maiden/middle & married name in everyday life/online).

Opuspenguin, I know this is a big ask, but any chance I could get a good HQ upload of Thursday's game so I can have it for posterity? And any subsequent games, if I won, but I can only officially confirm & ask for Thursday :)

And...I don't know if this is too much, if it is, I will just rely on Reddit, but wondering if it's possible to get all this week's games because I got to know everyone in my "filming group" and would love to have all the episodes from this week for posterity, but I know that's a lot.

Thanks in advance!
Is there somewhere on reddit that posts video of every episode?
The link to each episode is in the daily game threads.
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

I've uploaded an HD version of Monday's game:

https://vimeo.com/album/4600673
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

Tuesday's game in HD:

https://vimeo.com/album/4600673/sort:date/

I'll add this week's games to that album as I get them uploaded. So that link will continue to be relevant even if I forget to make an announcement in this thread.
rouquinne
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by rouquinne »

I was about to say that I was sorry I'll have to miss mhepbaum's game, but it looks like Opus might have just helped me find a way to see it, plus I can cut my cable cord and not miss J!

:)

I am in a black hole of SW Ontario where neither Toronto nor Detroit channels reach even with a really good antenna!
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

Ok, Melanie, your first game is up:

https://vimeo.com/album/4600673/sort:date/

Normally I would set the thumbnail to a picture of your smiling face. But when I saw the thumbnail randomly chosen by Vimeo, I had to laugh and leave it alone. Check it out for yourself.
Spoiler
THE LAST JUDGMENT!!!!! We caught it on video for you! :lol:
PowerofHoodoo

Post by PowerofHoodoo »

Is there a new episode today (Memorial Day)? We're getting a Cubs game in Chicago.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

PowerofHoodoo wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 1:37 pm Is there a new episode today (Memorial Day)? We're getting a Cubs game in Chicago.
J! has new episodes every single weekday from the start of the season until the end of the season for 230 games or 46 consecutive weeks. Holidays included. Yes, there is a new game today.

The reddit guy is away for a month, so it looks like a sub has taken a crack at it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3ymJl ... 1wUms/view

Semi mild scoreboard spoiler on the thumbnail, so click without taking it in after going to the link.
PowerofHoodoo

Post by PowerofHoodoo »

Thanks for the link, Mark.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

The fill-in help on reddit are not messing around as the 5/30 game is already available.
PowerofHoodoo

Post by PowerofHoodoo »

The Chicago affiliate eventually showed a late-night (technically early-morning) shift for the Monday episode that my series recording is supposed to have picked up. Haven't checked it, but they're actually better about showing pre-empted episodes than where we lived before.
Category 13
Wagering Viking

Post by Category 13 »

An intense line of thunderstorms with immpecible timing swept through my area this evening.
So the power blinks out at 7:30, just as Alex is making his opening comment. Our cable box takes about 9 minutes to re-boot :x so naturally the power blinks out again at 7:38, :evil: then once more at 7:47. :twisted:
When the TV finally returned to operation, We were treated to the last three notes of the closing credits theme music. N-I-C-E

So whenever someone can get Wednesday's game up...
I might need to be re-clued on what the password is.
PowerofHoodoo

Post by PowerofHoodoo »

Sessions's Senate testimony pre-empted Jeopardy in Chicago today. A ballgame is delaying prime time to late night, so they may not show Jeopardy later. Can anyone provide a link?
Last edited by PowerofHoodoo on Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OSXpert

Post by OSXpert »

PowerofHoodoo wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:00 pm Sessions's Senate testimony pre-emptied Jeopardy in Chicago today. A ballgame is delaying prime time to late night, so they may not show Jeopardy later. Can anyone provide a link?
Here is the reddit thread for today's Jeopardy game:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Jeopardy/comme ... e=Jeopardy
PowerofHoodoo

Post by PowerofHoodoo »

The firing of Reince Priebus preempted the end of DJ and Final Jeopardy in Chicago today. Can anyone provide a link?

Thanks.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

PowerofHoodoo wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:03 pm The firing of Reince Priebus preempted the end of DJ and Final Jeopardy in Chicago today. Can anyone provide a link?

Thanks.
https://www.reddit.com/user/jibjabjrjr
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

Anyone have a link to the October 14, 2015 episode - Matt Jackson's final game? I was out of the country in 2015 and missed his episodes. Just finished watching his first 13 games in reruns but his final game was preempted and I can't find it anywhere online. Arggh! Hoping it's out there and someone with superior search skills can find it for me :P
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

morbeedo wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:40 pm Anyone have a link to the October 14, 2015 episode - Matt Jackson's final game? I was out of the country in 2015 and missed his episodes. Just finished watching his first 13 games in reruns but his final game was preempted and I can't find it anywhere online. Arggh! Hoping it's out there and someone with superior search skills can find it for me :P
Using my superior search skills, I found it. On my computer. I'm uploading it now. Give it an hour or two.

https://vimeo.com/228596003

You get my local commercials included free of charge.
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

opusthepenguin wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:37 pm
morbeedo wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:40 pm Anyone have a link to the October 14, 2015 episode - Matt Jackson's final game? I was out of the country in 2015 and missed his episodes. Just finished watching his first 13 games in reruns but his final game was preempted and I can't find it anywhere online. Arggh! Hoping it's out there and someone with superior search skills can find it for me :P
Using my superior search skills, I found it. On my computer. I'm uploading it now. Give it an hour or two.

https://vimeo.com/228596003

You get my local commercials included free of charge.
Wow! Thank you SOOO much! :P

I knew he lost in game 14 but didn't know how it went down, so I nearly lost my mind when I realized the rerun got preempted
PanthersFan1
Contributor

Post by PanthersFan1 »

Penguin could you upload Seth Wilson's First Game?
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

PanthersFan1 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:19 pm Penguin could you upload Seth Wilson's First Game?
Nope. Don't seem to have that one.

Note to all: I'm not encouraging requests for games, BUT if you have a request, including the following information will increase your chances of a favorable response:

1. Date game was played
2. Names of all three contestants
3. Link to the J-Archive record of the game

When I have to search for that information myself just to do someone a favor, I get cranky.