Secret Bunker News

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

BulgarianBeast
Valued Contributor

Re: Secret Bunker News

Post by BulgarianBeast »

I DVR'ed the Wednesday, Oct. 19th game, but I just found out that it was preempted by severe weather warning that apparently stayed on for the entire half an hour at least. Since I assume Opus is gone already, can someone who knows the password PM it to me? Thanks in advance :)
mhepbaum
Contributor

Post by mhepbaum »

BulgarianBeast wrote:I DVR'ed the Wednesday, Oct. 19th game, but I just found out that it was preempted by severe weather warning that apparently stayed on for the entire half an hour at least. Since I assume Opus is gone already, can someone who knows the password PM it to me? Thanks in advance :)
Same here, please please! Ugh. Stupid Reddit. :(
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

mhepbaum wrote:
BulgarianBeast wrote:I DVR'ed the Wednesday, Oct. 19th game, but I just found out that it was preempted by severe weather warning that apparently stayed on for the entire half an hour at least. Since I assume Opus is gone already, can someone who knows the password PM it to me? Thanks in advance :)
Same here, please please! Ugh. Stupid Reddit. :(
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

Tonight's game is up at:

https://vimeo.com/thesecretbunker/albums

The password is the name of this board with the first two letters capitalized and including the dot teevee at the end. If that doesn't work (or you can't figure it out), PM me.

As always, PLEASE DO NOT SHARE THIS URL OR PASSWORD PUBLICLY. If you share it privately with someone you trust, please let them know not to share it publicly.
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

Today's game is uploading and should be available in 15 or 20 minutes.
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

Today's game is uploaded. I'll try to upload every game from now to November 10. Between sportsball and politics, I'm just going to assume that some markets got preempted.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

Can't thank you enough for this, I would've missed last Friday
Total game show career losings = $171,522
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

That reminds me, anybody missing any games from the recent past? Let me know and I'll see if I can put it up. I've been out for two weeks over the last month, so service has been spotty.
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

Today's game is up.
goatman
Man Who Stares At Goats!

Post by goatman »

opusthepenguin wrote:Those of you who missed last Wednesday (Oct 5) or Thursday (Oct 6) can find those games at the super secret bunker:

https://vimeo.com/thesupersecretbunker

Games for this week will be uploaded to the secret bunker (NOT the super secret bunker). I've already had a request for today's (Monday's) game, so I'll upload that. And I'm planning on Thursday's game as well. What other days should I plan on? Between football and politics, I'm losing track of what's getting borked up in people's schedules.
Thanks, I missed Monday first round for trick 'r treat. Missed Oct 27 TYVM for posting it, gotcha! BTW Is this an underground, windowless bunker? Finest kind! :lol:
The corridors of my mind are plastered with 3M Post-It notes!
CailinGaoilge
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Location: Ontario, Canada; formerly resident in UK and Ireland

Post by CailinGaoilge »

Thank you so much for tonight's ep! We're in Harrisonburg, VA, for the week... pre-empted tonight for local candidates' forum.
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

goatman wrote:Thanks, I missed Monday first round for trick 'r treat. Missed Oct 27 TYVM for posting it, gotcha! BTW Is this an underground, windowless bunker? Finest kind! :lol:
Other than the URL and password being posted on the web, it's completely hidden! :D
Cat Hammarskjold
Feline Secretary-General

Post by Cat Hammarskjold »

Is there any way you could post last Wednesday's? They had the World Series game start at 7PM Eastern due to a big possiblity of rain and paying attention to both was harder than I thought it would be.
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

Cat Hammarskjold wrote:Is there any way you could post last Wednesday's? They had the World Series game start at 7PM Eastern due to a big possiblity of rain and paying attention to both was harder than I thought it would be.
For you? Of course! I'll upload it to the super secret bunker later tonight:

https://vimeo.com/thesupersecretbunker

No password required. I'm just waiting for Mrs Penguin to get off the phone. (The phone and the internet use the same connection. If I tried to upload it now, it would either degrade her call quality or the upload would be impossibly slow, maybe both.)
Cat Hammarskjold
Feline Secretary-General

Post by Cat Hammarskjold »

Thank you very much. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who watch only half-watching J! then.
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

Tonight's upload will be delayed. But with luck, I'll have it up by 10 Central Daylight Time. All you Cubs and Indians fans will be getting drunk by then, so remember to watch responsibly.
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

opusthepenguin wrote:Tonight's upload will be delayed. But with luck, I'll have it up by 10 Central Daylight Time. All you Cubs and Indians fans will be getting drunk by then, so remember to watch responsibly.
What!!??? There are people who are Cubs and Indians fans?

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

What a night! They broke into Jeopardy! for a severe thunderstorm warning right after the categories were announced. And they had an annoying crawl at the top of the screen throughout the game, even when they got back to it. So I decided to wait for the 7 p.m. showing on a different channel. That one came through without interruption. But there was something different about the video format that made it look lousy when I tried to compress the video to manageable size.

So I ended up compressing it again to a larger size--393 MB. But that made it too big to upload to the secret bunker. So I'm uploading it to another secret bunker:

https://vimeo.com/190031036

It's going to take a while. Current estimate is it'll be ready by 10:30 CDT. That's 11:30 EDT, so the Cubs will have had time to screw things up and be on their way home without a trophy.

Oh, and here's a screen grab from my local FOX affiliate's broadcast of the series. See if you can spot the problem.

dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

opusthepenguin wrote: Oh, and here's a screen grab from my local FOX affiliate's broadcast of the series. See if you can spot the problem.
That's one way to prevent spoilers.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
CailinGaoilge
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Location: Ontario, Canada; formerly resident in UK and Ireland

Post by CailinGaoilge »

Again, many thanks for last night's episode! Watching in HD was a real treat.