Secret Bunker News

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, dhkendall, trainman, econgator

Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes
Posts: 7982
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:39 pm

Re: Secret Bunker News

Post by Bamaman » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:19 pm

I hate to ask this as I may be the only one who had today's episode pre-emptied. But could you post it in your personal fortress of solitude?

User avatar
TreeOfHeaven
Jeopardy! Champion
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin in these United States (of America)
Contact:

Re: Secret Bunker News

Post by TreeOfHeaven » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:26 pm

Bamaman wrote:I hate to ask this as I may be the only one who had today's episode pre-emptied. But could you post it in your personal fortress of solitude?
Seconding the request.
Hippest of the square, and squarest among the hip...

User avatar
JLJ
Contributor
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:43 pm

Re: Secret Bunker News

Post by JLJ » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:36 pm

Bamaman wrote:I hate to ask this as I may be the only one who had today's episode pre-emptied. But could you post it in your personal fortress of solitude?
My local air time specifically conflicted with the express terms of the 20th Amendment to the United States Constitution, so you are certainly not alone.
I'm living proof to show that a good attitude, a Southern accent, a ridiculous beard, and a middling amount of trivia knowledge can get you onto Jeopardy!

rmfromfla
Loyal Jeopardista
Posts: 236
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:02 am

Re: Secret Bunker News

Post by rmfromfla » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:43 pm

No pre-emptions here around Dothan today - the NBC affiliate went back to local programming at 4; Panama City stuck with the parade -- and then things got wacky: they came in at 4:45, ran first round & then cut to final; then for a 3rd helping of today's show, their subchannel ran that in place of the daytime rerun at 5PM (need a nap!) :shock:
Last edited by rmfromfla on Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
alietr
Site Admin
Posts: 4928
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Bethesda, MD

Re: Secret Bunker News

Post by alietr » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:43 pm

JLJ wrote:
Bamaman wrote:I hate to ask this as I may be the only one who had today's episode pre-emptied. But could you post it in your personal fortress of solitude?
My local air time specifically conflicted with the express terms of the 20th Amendment to the United States Constitution, so you are certainly not alone.
Clearly the Constitution needs amending.

User avatar
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard
Posts: 4886
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:33 pm
Location: Shawnee, KS
Contact:

Re: Secret Bunker News

Post by opusthepenguin » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:55 pm

The 3:30 showing was all inaugural stuff, but the 7 o'clock came through. And that all turned out to be irrelevant because I had a backup option from a secret admirer. It's uploading now and should be available in less than an hour.

User avatar
TreeOfHeaven
Jeopardy! Champion
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin in these United States (of America)
Contact:

Re: Secret Bunker News

Post by TreeOfHeaven » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:23 pm

opusthepenguin wrote:The 3:30 showing was all inaugural stuff, but the 7 o'clock came through. And that all turned out to be irrelevant because I had a backup option from a secret admirer. It's uploading now and should be available in less than an hour.
YAY!!!!
Hippest of the square, and squarest among the hip...

User avatar
ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler
Posts: 2203
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 12:53 am

Re: Secret Bunker News

Post by ElendilPickle » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:54 pm

If anyone is able to upload today's Millionaire show, featuring our very own pdano, I'd appreciate it.

User avatar
bpmod
Rank
Posts: 5427
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Hamilton Ontario

Re: Secret Bunker News

Post by bpmod » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:37 pm

ElendilPickle wrote:If anyone is able to upload today's Millionaire show, featuring our very own pdano, I'd appreciate it.
I'll try to get to that tomorrow.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.

User avatar
TreeOfHeaven
Jeopardy! Champion
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin in these United States (of America)
Contact:

Re: Secret Bunker News

Post by TreeOfHeaven » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:41 pm

rmfromfla wrote:No pre-emptions here around Dothan today - the NBC affiliate went back to local programming at 4; Panama City stuck with the parade -- and then things got wacky: they came in at 4:45, ran first round & then cut to final; then for a 3rd helping of today's show, their subchannel ran that in place of the daytime rerun at 5PM (need a nap!) :shock:
In Madison (also an NBC affiliate), 4pm local news started like normal before going back to the parade right away. 4:45, NBC went back to the affiliates, and J! was already in progress (about halfway through Double). I was still at work (at a cable company, of course) and exhausted - and mad - until I realized that I'd at least see Final! Still wanting the total package, though, since their subchannels stuck with regularly scheduled...
Hippest of the square, and squarest among the hip...

User avatar
bpmod
Rank
Posts: 5427
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Hamilton Ontario

Re: Secret Bunker News

Post by bpmod » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:30 am

ElendilPickle wrote:If anyone is able to upload today's Millionaire show, featuring our very own pdano, I'd appreciate it.
[cross-posted]

It is currently uploading to here in HD (about 300MB), and here in SD (about 80MB).

It should be finished within about ten minutes if nothing goes wrong.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.

Fugefan
Just Starting Out on JBoard
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:29 am

Re: Secret Bunker News

Post by Fugefan » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:01 pm

Long time lurker, record and watch daily, read comments when time permits. Created an account to say thanks for the secret bunker. Didn't know this existed, and it was a big help on Inauguration day! Also went back and caught Thanksgiving Day. Thanks again.

User avatar
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard
Posts: 4886
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:33 pm
Location: Shawnee, KS
Contact:

Re: Secret Bunker News

Post by opusthepenguin » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:13 pm

Fugefan wrote:Long time lurker, record and watch daily, read comments when time permits. Created an account to say thanks for the secret bunker. Didn't know this existed, and it was a big help on Inauguration day! Also went back and caught Thanksgiving Day. Thanks again.
Happy to help!

User avatar
PowerofHoodoo
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool
Posts: 280
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:26 pm

Re: Secret Bunker News

Post by PowerofHoodoo » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:36 pm

I just availed myself of the Secret Bunker for the first time. Friday's show was pre-empted by inaugural coverage. It worked great.

Thank you, Opus.

User avatar
alietr
Site Admin
Posts: 4928
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Bethesda, MD

Re: Secret Bunker News

Post by alietr » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:19 pm

PowerofHoodoo wrote:I just availed myself of the Secret Bunker for the first time. Friday's show was pre-empted by inaugural coverage. It worked great.

Thank you, Opus.
He really is the best darn penguin on the whole JBoard!

User avatar
BigDaddyMatty
Save Me, Maggie!
Posts: 2190
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:05 am
Location: Rowlett, Texas

Re: Secret Bunker News

Post by BigDaddyMatty » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:58 am

Opus, if you have the bandwidth--literally and figuratively--I'd appreciate uploads for the games of 1/23-2/1. Also, I don't have deets for the current bunker(s) of record. You da bird. Thanks.
Sprinkles are for winners.

User avatar
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard
Posts: 4886
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:33 pm
Location: Shawnee, KS
Contact:

Re: Secret Bunker News

Post by opusthepenguin » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:24 pm

Today's game is up. It's slightly lower quality than usual because I don't get my new shipment of megabytes until tomorrow. I uploaded yesterday's game yesterday but didn't announce it. Matty, I PM'ed you the URL and password.

User avatar
BigDaddyMatty
Save Me, Maggie!
Posts: 2190
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:05 am
Location: Rowlett, Texas

Re: Secret Bunker News

Post by BigDaddyMatty » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:59 am

opusthepenguin wrote:Today's game is up. It's slightly lower quality than usual because I don't get my new shipment of megabytes until tomorrow. I uploaded yesterday's game yesterday but didn't announce it. Matty, I PM'ed you the URL and password.
Thank you very much. I must be missing something, though. The most recent game I can see is that of 1/20. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Sprinkles are for winners.

User avatar
JLJ
Contributor
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:43 pm

Re: Secret Bunker News

Post by JLJ » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:52 am

Fugefan wrote:Long time lurker, record and watch daily, read comments when time permits. Created an account to say thanks for the secret bunker. Didn't know this existed, and it was a big help on Inauguration day! Also went back and caught Thanksgiving Day. Thanks again.
Did you notice the bald idiot with the beard in the middle spot on the Thanksgiving show? How did they let him on there?
I'm living proof to show that a good attitude, a Southern accent, a ridiculous beard, and a middling amount of trivia knowledge can get you onto Jeopardy!

User avatar
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard
Posts: 4886
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:33 pm
Location: Shawnee, KS
Contact:

Re: Secret Bunker News

Post by opusthepenguin » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:20 pm

BigDaddyMatty wrote:
opusthepenguin wrote:Today's game is up. It's slightly lower quality than usual because I don't get my new shipment of megabytes until tomorrow. I uploaded yesterday's game yesterday but didn't announce it. Matty, I PM'ed you the URL and password.
Thank you very much. I must be missing something, though. The most recent game I can see is that of 1/20. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Yeah, you were looking where I told you to look rather than where they actually were! Dummy!

I uploaded the games but forgot to add them to the J! Games album. So they were invisible to you. I've added them to the album. They should be visible now. :oops:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], InigoMontoya, OntarioQuizzer and 15 guests