Online Quiz Questions

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

John Boy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Online Quiz Questions

Post by John Boy »

Pardon me if this duplicates issues already asked and answered in the past week or so, but I've been out of town and out of touch for a while now....

Do I understand this correctly? When we registered for the online quizzes, we were NOT asked to select an audition city? And all passers will go into a single lottery to get invites to auditions? (As opposed to every past online quiz, when we had to "compete" only against other passers who selected the same city?)

So suppose we pass (I think I did)? It's no longer a case of waiting until the invites go out for the audition in the city WE chose? It's watching invites go out for one city after another? Any idea whether they still plan to send passers only to cities sorta close, or whether they might send us to any place in the nation?

Any idea why the change?

Any answers or even speculations much appreciated.
BobF

Re: Online Quiz Questions

Post by BobF »

My best guess is they'll ask only the passers to select a city. This could cause some minor issues, but I'm sure they'll find a way to work it out.
Was once hugged by Maggie Speak!
raccoonleaf
Contributor

Post by raccoonleaf »

From the FAQ:

"Due to an extremely limited number of audition appointments, those who pass the test will be included in a random selection process. Those selected to come to an audition will be invited to a city close to their ZIP/postal code (as entered during registration) to participate in a full audition process."
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

My assumption was that we'd go into a single pool which they'd divide into geographically divided pools, from which they'd then randomly select people for auditions. That's just a guess, obviously.
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

Woof wrote:My assumption was that we'd go into a single pool which they'd divide into geographically divided pools, from which they'd then randomly select people for auditions. That's just a guess, obviously.
That'd be my guess too.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
John Boy

Post by John Boy »

OK then. That's helpful, and now we just sits and waits to hear something.

Thanks to all for responding.

:)
BobF

Post by BobF »

John Boy wrote:OK then. That's helpful, and now we just sits and waits to hear something.

I heard something. I got a Congratulations! e-mail!
Was once hugged by Maggie Speak!
cmp146
Jeopardy! Contestant

Post by cmp146 »

Hmm. My choice of audition cities was either close (e.g. Toronto, a 3 hour drive from Kingston), or near family (I tried out twice in D.C. to visit my brother). I also picked places I would just want to have a mini-vacation in, that I haven't had a reason to travel to yet. So much for us selecting places we actually want to visit!
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

BobF wrote:
John Boy wrote:OK then. That's helpful, and now we just sits and waits to hear something.

I heard something. I got a Congratulations! e-mail!
Hey, congratulations!