Thursday, October 20, 2016 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Re: Thursday, October 20, 2016 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by econgator »

This Is Kirk! wrote:
dhkendall wrote:I don't think the term was popularly used for the bombers until Pearl Harbor.
Quite a bit later than that, I would think. Japan didn't start using kamikaze bombers until late in the war as a last-ditch effort.
Oct '44.

TenPoundHammer
Otters are meant to swim

Post by TenPoundHammer »

Ran "Z" and surprisingly, Fruits and Vegetables.

I can never remember the Greek alphabet in order when I need it. My mind just craps out after beta.

Sun for $200 seemed like a coinflip on 10 million/5 billion. How am I supposed to know that?

Overthought Abraham on Bible for $200. Had an "oh yeah, that" on the next two, got Cana, NHO Jezebel.

History, Bette Midler, Senate, Japan, Books? Yeah, I won't do well on this board.

You mean Moby-Dick wasn't the only thing Melville wrote?

Hiroshima is a prefecture? I at least knew Miyagi and Akita, but couldn't access either in time.

NHO "judiciary committee" to my knowledge.

"Wind Beneath My Wings" sucks ass, even with Gary Morris singing it. What a mountain of glurge that song is.

No guess on FJ! "Able to see" flew right over my head as an irrelevant metaphor.

ETA: We were never a Disney Channel or ABC Family family, or a Halloween family, so Hocus Pocus rings no bells. Also didn't spot Dolly in the Hello, Dolly clue.
Ten Pound Hammer

This space for rent

Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

TenPoundHammer wrote: I can never remember the Greek alphabet in order when I need it. My mind just craps out after beta.
One of my High School math classes tried teaching us the Greek alphabet to the tune of Supercalifragilisticexpealidocious...unfortunately, for me, I could never remember the rythmn past 'mu'

Everything up to then works smashing, though.